Scratch and dent sale?- Tower Hobbies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperFanBoy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fazon
  3. Fireteam
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Outcast 6s
  12. Outcast 8s
  13. Outcast EXB
  14. Raider
  15. Senton 6s
  16. Talion EXB
  17. Typhon 6s
  18. Typhon TLR
Anyone pull the trigger on one of Tower's S&D sale? says box damage but that is vary vague and a matter of interpritation. Kind curious what a 30lb. truck looks like with "box damage" lol The 1/5 Kraton EXB has been listed on there for a while i'm wanting to get another one for parts if the sale holds up longer I'm still recovering from the current Spring sale :censored::cry:

I did an SCX24 with box damage from one of their sales and that's what it was. A little flap of the cardboard box next to the clear plastic was torn.

Couldn't tell you about what happened to a 30 lb truck that resulted in "box damage" :)

I've been very tempted by the 1/5 Outcast on this sale, but the fine print on the "Sale Details" says "Scratch & Dent items are not eligible for manufacturer rebates, nor covered by manufacturer warranty.". That makes me hesitant. If you're going to rip out the stock electronics, then it's probably not so concerning.

I feel like the worst damage it could possibly have and be sold by a reputable company like Tower Hobbies is nothing compared to just normal wear/breakages you'd more than likely incur from your first run lol. If it was advertised on eBay, I'd be skeptical. But I wouldn't think Tower would sell anything that has significant damage. Especially if you're just planning to use it for parts, I'd jump on it for sure.

This is good to know. Thanks.

Doesn’t look like you can stack the Scratch and Dent price with the “spring” coupon code. So I new 1/5 8s Kraton EXB is $50 cheaper non scratched nor dented using the coupon code.

I've been very tempted by the 1/5 Outcast on this sale, but the fine print on the "Sale Details" says "Scratch & Dent items are not eligible for manufacturer rebates, nor covered by manufacturer warranty.". That makes me hesitant. If you're going to rip out the stock electronics, then it's probably not so concerning.
Even if you didn't rip out all the stock garbage and it broke, wouldn't you replace it with better aftermarket sh!t instead of using the "warranty" for the same garbage?

$300 off of a dbxl seems like a huge discount. Might be more than a box dent
Like I said previously. 🤷 I've never had a problem with towerhobbies. But it's a scratch and dent sale. Not the spring sale.

This is good to know. Thanks.

Doesn’t look like you can stack the Scratch and Dent price with the “spring” coupon code. So I new 1/5 8s Kraton EXB is $50 cheaper non scratched nor dented using the coupon code.
no, ya thats not the best deal but I knew it would be there long after the sale, which just ended. So since the market of people looking for them is tapped it should chill for a bit. Still a good deal, If I make rent next month I might find a way to come up with more money ugh

The old Tower Hobbies scratch and dent section was much better and was accessible to both standard and Super Saver Club members, with Super Saver Club members having certain exclusive items. I don't use Tower enough to pay $10 a month for their premium club. Even though they ran it into the ground Tower Hobbies was a much better place to shop under Hobbico. Now it is basically just a mirror of the Horizon Hobbies website and totally not necessary.

The old Tower Hobbies scratch and dent section was much better and was accessible to both standard and Super Saver Club members, with Super Saver Club members having certain exclusive items. I don't use Tower enough to pay $10 a month for their premium club. Even though they ran it into the ground Tower Hobbies was a much better place to shop under Hobbico. Now it is basically just a mirror of the Horizon Hobbies website and totally not necessary.

It’s $10 a year - not per month - and easily worth it with the additional coupon savings and the $10 birthday credit.

It’s $10 a year - not per month - and easily worth it with the additional coupon savings and the $10 birthday credit.
Yep! So it doesn't cost anything really, I don't see anything at all wrong with having perks for being a premium member. I've never shopped on HH site or AMain but I will say this, AMain is garbage and is set up like garbage. I won't spend a dime there that's just my personal opnion. I've not had any problem with Tower since ordering with them since last Aug. That's not long i know but thats 10 orders, 9 rc's.... almost all on killer sales and shipped fast. $150 off because the box has damage?!?! C'mon, man lol No brainer! 😁

Sorry I meant a year. But either way Tower Hobbies sucks compared to what it was back in the day. I paid the $9.99 a year back in the Hobbico days because it was actually worth it to have, discount codes that worked on literally everything on their site, double rewards on every purchase, free shipping on any order.

Yep! So it doesn't cost anything really, I don't see anything at all wrong with having perks for being a premium member. I've never shopped on HH site or AMain but I will say this, AMain is garbage and is set up like garbage. I won't spend a dime there that's just my personal opnion. I've not had any problem with Tower since ordering with them since last Aug. That's not long i know but thats 10 orders, 9 rc's.... almost all on killer sales and shipped fast. $150 off because the box has damage?!?! C'mon, man lol No brainer! 😁

I can assure you that Amains website is worlds better than the Horizon website. When I am looking for things I can actually find them on Amain, and I don't have to resort my searches every time I want to look at something.

Sorry I meant a year. But either way Tower Hobbies sucks compared to what it was back in the day. I paid the $9.99 a year back in the Hobbico days because it was actually worth it to have, discount codes that worked on literally everything on their site, double rewards on every purchase, free shipping on any order.

I can assure you that Amains website is worlds better than the Horizon website. When I am looking for things I can actually find them on Amain, and I don't have to resort my searches every time I want to look at something.
I can assure you I've been on their site. I just don't like it. Do they even do scratch and dent sales?? I could see if you gotta get your TrapsUs fix but I don't get down like that :ROFLMAO::LOL: not anymore at least, Ha! Live and learn 🤷‍♂️

I can assure you I've been on their site. I just don't like it. Do they even do scratch and dent sales?? I could see if you gotta get your TrapsUs fix but I don't get down like that :ROFLMAO::LOL: not anymore at least, Ha! Live and learn 🤷‍♂️

I do not believe anyone else has ever done a scratch and dent sale before this. Tower used to have a dedicated scratch and dent section and it had a lot more stuff in it at any given time than this scratch and dent sale did. Not sure what having or not having a scratch and dent sale has to do with having a properly functioning website. So they sell Traxxas stuff, who doesn't? Horizon sells and also makes stuff for Traxxas models.

I do not believe anyone else has ever done a scratch and dent sale before this. Tower used to have a dedicated scratch and dent section and it had a lot more stuff in it at any given time than this scratch and dent sale did. Not sure what having or not having a scratch and dent sale has to do with having a properly functioning website. So they sell Traxxas stuff, who doesn't? Horizon sells and also makes stuff for Traxxas models.
I hadn't seen a S&D sale from anyone prior to this one so I wasn't sure who does them. I know HH makes aftermarket parts ect for them my point was that the only reason I could see to shop there was that they sell TrapsUs.

It says the “standard warranty will be honored”. That’s the 2 year limited warranty with Horizon right?
It says the “standard warranty will be honored”. That’s the 2 year limited warranty with Horizon right?

Anyone pull the trigger on one of Tower's S&D sale? says box damage but that is vary vague and a matter of interpritation. Kind curious what a 30lb. truck looks like with "box damage" lol The 1/5 Kraton EXB has been listed on there for a while i'm wanting to get another one for parts if the sale holds up longer I'm still recovering from the current Spring sale
Yup.....just got the Infraction off their s&d sale.....no damage at all...brand spankin' new....just had the European charger with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back