Screwed the first time. About to paint a second one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks great! I know how it is when you can't get the color where you want it.
Horizon is sending me a new body because the first one had a big manufacturer defect on the hood. Idk if im going to paint it yet. I was thinking painting it pearl white and a few spots with black. You cnget white wrong im pretty sure🤣🤣

Im not wrecking the car but one crack is forming on both sides in the same spot. And cannot stop them. Tried to remove the old shoegoe and it bullet the paint off. Somehow i was able to glue back a part of it like a tatoo with superglue. I think i will have no choice but to drill the crack to stop jr from spreading. Tryibg to dry walland shoe goo now
20220416_202355.jpg
20220416_202359.jpg

20220416_202924.jpg
20220416_202910.jpg

The first coat of red didnt pull out. The rest did

I’m trying to find a way to get a deep vibrant red too!

Tamiya metallic red has this cooper pigment to it that isn’t my favorite.

This was metallic red, back with black.
View attachment 205955

I was going to a Candy Orange here but ended up with cooper. Transparent orange, metallic red and a little fluorescent pink and then black.
View attachment 205956
View attachment 205957View attachment 205958
View attachment 205959

This one is a color shifting paint. Iridescent purple/green, dark metallic blue, metallic green, backed with black.
View attachment 205960View attachment 205962View attachment 205963View attachment 205961View attachment 205964

I wanna try transparent red, fluorescent pink, and back it with gunmetal to see if I can get that red I want
Can you tell me more about how you painted the purple/green body? Looks amazing!

Can you tell me more about how you painted the purple/green body? Looks amazing!

First you lay down the iridescent paint in light coats. First couple it’ll look like nothing is there. Then once you’ve finished that can, you can do another if the body is big, aiming for light/medium coats till the can is down.

Next will be dark blue metallic, same lite even coats, I added in green metallic between blue coats. Once you’ve finished this you then do a backer paint such as black. I like to hold it to light between costs to see where I need to focus my backing.

First you lay down the iridescent paint in light coats. First couple it’ll look like nothing is there. Then once you’ve finished that can, you can do another if the body is big, aiming for light/medium coats till the can is down.

Next will be dark blue metallic, same lite even coats, I added in green metallic between blue coats. Once you’ve finished this you then do a backer paint such as black. I like to hold it to light between costs to see where I need to focus my backing.
Awesome that you! I’m going to try it!
Awesome that you! I’m going to try it!
Did you mask off any areas? It looks like maybe you masked off the roof and sides.

I got a very deep red with translucent red and then gold backed with silver
You have to back the gold or you candy red is ruined
if i paint a body ever again im going to spray first clear pearl. Forget metalic red or any kind of spakly colours. Clear pearl makes ur metalic red look like how a real metalic car paint would look.
I can show poctures of the body i painted but its so deep my cameras make it look like a normal red

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back