Senton 3s blx lost 3 motors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your dirt is anything like the dirt where I live, stock up on bearings. I have lost bearings in one pack at my local bash spot. The dirt gets stuck in the hinge pins and ball cups too. I have to tear down my LC Racing minis after each run :(

Thanks for the reply.i was going to try to rebuild
Them .How do you get the front cover off the blx
6030 3200kv motors i have heated and tryed but no luck there is still the outer bearing ring left in housing.i was able to get the core out by heating
But not the end cap .also what size is the bearing on the gear end.thanks for your time

I would contact Arrma or your lhs for this, it's just not ok. Arrma sent me a whole new truck for this issue, which i sold. My plan was to make or buy an adjustable motor mount, ceramic motor bearings and to make a slot in the chassis beneath the spur gear so al the sand and dust that comes into the gearbox can get out. But than i ran into a Baja Flux...

I'd lean towards mesh being too tight... I've been running the snot out of my stampede 4x4 and eJato, both with 3800kv motors. I mostly run at skateparks and the local park, but I do run through playground/volleyball sand pits and mess around in dirt when I can. I have yet to have a motor issue. Granted, they aren't "arrma", but still, I don't do anything to them other than run them as far as the motor's are concerned. At most, I replace the fans when blades break off, but otherwise, the motors hold up.

Also haven't done anything to my outcast or the castle 2200kv sensored in my savage flux and castle 2200kv unsensored in my ERBE in over a year. The ERBE has seen a lot of wet/snow running as well.

Unless you have really super fine silt or something and your jamming a lot in there... or your just really unlucky.

What motor is it specifically? I was considering getting the arrma 3200kv motor's for my eJato and stampede now that I'm running 3S. I have a feeling when outside temps go up, I'm going to have heat issues and was thinking I need something a little lower KV, but not so low that I need to run 4S.

Will be interested if changing your mount to be able to adjust your mesh fixes your issue.
Thank you for your thoughts.
I am going to adjust the mesh and see what happens.yes our dirt does have a bit of silt in it
Here in idaho But is mostly dirt and damp this time of year so not allot of dust running.
Will post when i get a solution. Also it is a 3660 3200 kv cma stock 3s arrma motor.same as the 3s granite blx.

If your dirt is anything like the dirt where I live, stock up on bearings. I have lost bearings in one pack at my local bash spot. The dirt gets stuck in the hinge pins and ball cups too. I have to tear down my LC Racing minis after each run :(

A teardown after each run? Man i wish i had the time for that. I got 2 daughters and a lot of Barbies, i'm always Ken ?

A teardown after each run? Man i wish i had the time for that. I got 2 daughters and a lot of Barbies, i'm always Ken ?
Yup the dirt gets inside of everything and the a arms don't move freely.

Ya thats what i dint want a 2 trucks with lots of problems and high maintenance .at first i really likes these trucks but now 3 motors later i don't know

Also it is a 3660 3200 kv cma stock 3s arrma motor.same as the 3s granite blx.

That's the one I was looking to get.

If you change your motor mount, please post up results. I've seen/heard the granite and just listening to it, the mesh sounded really tight. The guy was new, so I chalked it up to inexperience, but if it's a fixed mesh, then that stinks. If it was right, then it would be great for newbies, but if it's wrong even by 1/2mm, it's just going to be a nightmare if your new or not.

the senton 3s has a little opening that lets dirt in and may mess up bearing as well.. I have heard and did it myself that blocking hole with tape helps...watch this vid

If you change your motor mount, please post up results. I've seen/heard the granite and just listening to it, the mesh sounded really tight. The guy was new, so I chalked it up to inexperience, but if it's a fixed mesh, then that stinks. If it was right, then it would be great for newbies, but if it's wrong even by 1/2mm, it's just going to be a nightmare if your new or not.

I think you may have something there i thought it was tight when i installed the new motor it sounded tight .I thought well it must be ok because it is preset.i will talk to arrma monday about it and try to modify the motor mount to get a little more mesh.

the senton 3s has a little opening that lets dirt in and may mess up bearing as well.. I have heard and did it myself that blocking hole with tape helps...watch this vid

Thanks i will try that as well

Start with an Upgrade (similar KV/size) motor that has sealed bearings. And look for and seal off areas where dirt may ingress to the housing.
(y) Honestly, this would drive me bananas if I had one of these.:cry: But I can relate.(y) I've had my share of problem rigs before.

Start with an Upgrade (similar KV/size) motor that has sealed bearings. And look for and seal off areas where dirt may ingress to the housing.
(y) Honestly, this would drive me bananas if I had one of these.:cry: But I can relate.(y) I've had my share of problem rigs before.
I have not seen any motors that come with sealed bearings only shielded.

Forgot to mention Horizon sent AR610003 BALL BEARING 5x13x4mm (2pcs) also.

I could not find on exploded schematic where these go?

Forgot to mention Horizon sent AR610003 BALL BEARING 5x13x4mm (2pcs) also.

I could not find on exploded schematic where these go?
Those seem to be for a 2WD model. What rig do you have?

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR610003
This part number shows 4 bearings per package. 2 different sizes. 5x13x4(2ea) and 5x10x4(2ea). What model does the OP have?(y) I tried to cross reference, but comes up on discontinued models for the most part.

I checked the whole schematic blow up on your rig. I don't see any bearings with that part number anywhere. Call Horizon. Maybe it was sent in error? It cant be for the Motor or could it be?:unsure: Do you have a 5mm motor shaft?

I checked the whole schematic blow up on your rig. I don't see any bearings with that part number anywhere. Call Horizon. Maybe it was sent in error? It cant be for the Motor or could it be?:unsure: Do you have a 5mm motor shaft?
Yep I could not find it either. Yes 5mm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back