Senton Senton 4x4 mega brushless conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wooh hoo!!! thx so much! ive gotten comments from people and some say I cantr and some say I can
You can fit it, but the problem is you might break the gearing in doing so. I upgrade my typhon mega to brushless, but I only use 2s lipo so its not straining the gearing much. If you use 3s lipo, its going to be really fast and you might strip the gears. The motor and esc will be just fine.

Naw, most chargers do not draw more than 5amps which is WAY below the threshold of any connector from deans up. I don't think I've seen any chargers that go above 5 amps so it shouldn't matter unless you have tiny connectors and tiny wires. Remember, a 50c battery can put out over 50 amps of power if pushed, you really won't have a lot of issues. The voltage can increase the likelihood of a bottleneck but at 5amps or lower you'd have to be pushing over 30 or 40 volts before it became a real fire hazard ;)

Number one rule is watch for heat, if your wires or connectors are getting hot they are impeding flow too much which is what happens when you drive 3s on a deans connector. They're just not made to efficiently pass power along.

Also, the reason I chose xt90 is for future proofing and also they are easier to ug in than other connectors, not always so easy to unplug though which can be a good thing when bashing ;)

It's worth the swap and you can find batteries with xt90 already connected (usually 3s or higher). Also saw that arrma had started putting xt90's on some of their models out of the factory...can't remember which one, think it may have been the mojave...not 100% but I have seen them out of the box before.

It really doesn't matter what connectors you use as long as they are "big" enough ;)
Just converted my senton 3s blx esc and a 2s lipo, what a difference in heat! It is really cool to touch after a quite long run on grass field and it looks better too.
20200802_161044.jpg

ah, I see, you set yourself up for an easy boost in power! If you are running blx then you should be able to run 3s no problem now, the deans connectors probably would've melted ;)

Very nice! :)

I do have a soldering iron but I am kinda new to soldering. I did solder a few stuffs already and it works just not pretty. Xt90 is better than ec5? I have ordered the plug tho.
Ec5 is better than XT90, EC5 are rated for upto 120amps, XT90 is only up to 90amps. BUT, the XT90s are alot easier to solder, especially the Anti-Spark XT90s. For bashing around, the XT90s are fine.

Ec5 is better than XT90, EC5 are rated for upto 120amps, XT90 is only up to 90amps. BUT, the XT90s are alot easier to solder, especially the Anti-Spark XT90s. For bashing around, the XT90s are fine.
I prefer xt90/xt120's for the simple fact that they are tough, difficult to short and stay together during bashes. They also look Sexier than ec5 which remind me 1980's cheapo connectors too much...gives me flashbacks...and not the good kind either :p

So I have a Senton 4*4 and am thinking of upgrading to Brushless what would the things that I would need and what would the steps be. I'm pretty new to all of the electronics so go easy on me!

I am trying this exact conversion on my Senton after blowing through 2 brushed motors.. I got all the parts you mentioned above, but the servo you recommended doesn’t fit into the receiver mount box at all with the aluminum arm..did you buy another receiver mounting box or mod the existing one? also new to this so how do most people mount this ESC? There are no threading holes on the bottom that line up with anything on the bottom plate of the body. I was thinking to drill a few holes and wrap a zip tie to hold it in place? Any help/recommendations are appreciated, thanks guys!

Do you happen to know of a video I could watch in order to do all these upgrades? My first upgrades for an rc

So a standard no upgrades
Arrma senton 4x4 550 mega I have upgraded the motor and esc to brushless,
4370kv with a 45amp esc. Seems to be about 10km faster maybe more.
no issues as of yet.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07RBFXM69/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_7SCW7DR2ASC6B1CYRKMY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
yes if I stick in a higher amp esc and a 3s I will end up grinding my pinion and spur away but as of now 2s 5200/30c with this motor and esc give it crazy torque and no issues

also if you use a high concurrent battery make sure your motor doesn’t over heat check temps constantly until you feel secure about running the motor and esc together.

Last edited:
So a standard no upgrades
Arrma senton 4x4 550 mega I have upgraded the motor and esc to brushless,
4370kv with a 45amp esc. Seems to be about 10km faster maybe more.
no issues as of yet.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07RBFXM69/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_7SCW7DR2ASC6B1CYRKMY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
yes if I stick in a higher amp esc and a 3s I will end up grinding my pinion and spur away but as of now 2s 5200/30c with this motor and esc give it crazy torque and no issues

also if you use a high concurrent battery make sure your motor doesn’t over heat check temps constantly until you feel secure about running the motor and esc together.
I ran a Senton mega on 3s with a VXL-3s system and the pinion and spur were fine since they are both hardened steel. A 45a esc is too small for a 1/10 4x4 sct, you need 100a minimum. The 380 motor you use is too small and is meant for 1/16 scale and smaller.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back