Senton Senton 6S with Duratrax Lockup 1/8 buggy tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabricebourel

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi folks,

as an alternative to dboots stock tires (average on every surfaces as a personal opinion), I have thrown my hands onto Duratrax Lockup 1/8 Buggy tires. Here are some pictures if you are interested to see what it looks like.

I can mesure the tires exactly if anyone requests it. No rubbing issue but the body has to be a bit higher.

I bought them here : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYKKNZT/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00

IMG_20191023_230753.jpg
IMG_20191023_225640.jpg

IMG_20191023_225837.jpg
IMG_20191023_225659.jpg

IMG_20191023_225914.jpg
IMG_20191023_225952.jpg

IMG_20191023_230156.jpg
IMG_20191023_230225.jpg
IMG_20191023_230246.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191023_230403.jpg
    IMG_20191023_230403.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 48
I have a set of Lockups for my Typhon. They have great traction on rough surfaces. They don’t have great traction on loose dusty tracks. I have had issues with traction rolling tho so don’t turn at speed. It will end in lots of tumbles.

I have a set of Lockups for my Typhon. They have great traction on rough surfaces. They don’t have great traction on loose dusty tracks. I have had issues with traction rolling tho so don’t turn at speed. It will end in lots of tumbles.
Thanks. On dusty surfaces, is there a known recommended tire ?

Thanks. On dusty surfaces, is there a known recommended tire ?
You’ll want to go with a much smaller pattern, like the Xcons or similar. Just don’t use this style on paved surfaces. They will be bald in under a pack.

You’ll want to go with a much smaller pattern, like the Xcons or similar. Just don’t use this style on paved surfaces. They will be bald in under a pack.

Thanks @jondilly1974 , I see what kinda pattern you are pointing out =>

71vhDeVyZoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I wanted to keep the lockup tires for grass and "agricultural fields" around my place (y)
Greetings from France, the week-end is on the way yessss :giggle:

Tried this week-end those Duratrax Lockup tires on the beach : just awesome ! No rolling, no rubbing effects. Patterns did not move (y):giggle:

Tried this week-end those Duratrax Lockup tires on the beach : just awesome ! No rolling, no rubbing effects. Patterns did not move (y):giggle:
Yeah I don’t think most tires will roll on a beach. You would have to have unique paddles to get that.

I set them 1 hole higher than the stock settings if I remember correctly. Therefore, from the bottom of the plastic mount, I screw in the 2nd hole at the front and 3rd hole at the back. It's been ok for me like that since I have moved to 1/8th scale buggy tires.

Where did you get them?

Thanks @jondilly1974 , I see what kinda pattern you are pointing out =>

71vhDeVyZoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I wanted to keep the lockup tires for grass and "agricultural fields" around my place (y)
Greetings from France, the week-end is on the way yessss :giggle:
Where did you get the tires?

Back