Senton Senton BLX doesn't feel planted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virdi

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
Hi all,

So I have recently bought a used Senton 3s BLX

It seems like a great truck but the issue I have is that I am struggling to keep it straight when putting down the power.

It seems to wave a fair bit and then I am constantly having to counter steer it etc.. to keep it straight.

Anything you guys could suggest please?

Thanks

Hi all,

So I have recently bought a used Senton 3s BLX

It seems like a great truck but the issue I have is that I am struggling to keep it straight when putting down the power.

It seems to wave a fair bit and then I am constantly having to counter steer it etc.. to keep it straight.

Anything you guys could suggest please?

Thanks
Give it some toe out in the front if it’s not got some already. Fronts of the wheels pointed out a tiny bit

My Senton blx the toe out from the factory was off on one side & way too much toe out. One front wheel was toed way further than the other. They weren't even. I pulled the toe in on that one & it solved that issue you described, mine was doing the same. Under acceleration, it would get loose & squirrel around, back end would walk back & forth, lose control. Brought the toe in a bit & it stabilized it. The toe out is more under hard acceleration & the front is lifting up.

Last edited:
What surface are you running on? There are a couple things you can do to make it respond better.
!. There is too much play in the steering. The links rattle around something fierce. Counter it with aluminum pivot balls.Hot Racing ATF160B02 Complete 22-Piece Aluminum Pivot Ball Set Arrma 1/10 https://a.co/d/2yMmi75.
2. Depending on which version you have, maybe grab a bellcrank. This can eliminate even more steering play.OGRC Aluminum Alloy Steering Bellcrank and Steering Link with Ball Bearing Upgrade Parts Set for 1/10 Arrma Senton 4X4 Granite 4X4 Typhon 4X4 Kraton 4X4 Big Rock 4X4#AR340132 (Blue) https://a.co/d/4xH2KSf
3. The question above? Good rule of thumb is rear toe out and front toe out for offroad while on road likes a front toe in and rear toe out.

Thanks guys - so far I have only used it on Tarmac (on road)

Thanks guys - so far I have only used it on Tarmac (on road)
Toe your front tires inwards. 2 or 3 degrees each is good.

First reference. Note I did rear too but I find rear toe out and front toe in works best. They counter eachother and for me, it works.
Screenshot_20240502_115026_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
Back