Senton Senton love and Slash curiosity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spug

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a Senton 3s and the thing is an absolute beast. All stock. Handles great. I brought it out to our local 1/8 scale track and had more fun than I've had in a long time. Even liked it better than my Xray buggy.
That said, I'm not a fan of Traxxas at all but I can't help but think about the slash. Especially after running at the track. Is the slash really that good or is it all just hype because it's been around so long? The curiosity is killing me! Anyone have both?
Please talk me out of going and buying a Slash Ultimate!

I have a Senton 3s and the thing is an absolute beast. All stock. Handles great. I brought it out to our local 1/8 scale track and had more fun than I've had in a long time. Even liked it better than my Xray buggy.
That said, I'm not a fan of Traxxas at all but I can't help but think about the slash. Especially after running at the track. Is the slash really that good or is it all just hype because it's been around so long? The curiosity is killing me! Anyone have both?
Please talk me out of going and buying a Slash Ultimate!
Best thing about the Slash is the aftermarket, but still.... as mentioned the cost will put you at the price of a race rig.
If you really want a nice SCT get a racing brand like Tekno.

I beat this Senton the other day harder than I've beat any RC I've ever had. I don't drive them hard but I got a smoking deal on it and felt like I had to see what it would take. It took everything and all I broke was one front shock. Put a couple of zip ties on there and finished another battery. It was also super balanced on the track bone stock. As fun as it was, that little rc devil on my shoulder keeps telling me to try another short course truck but this thing is pretty great.

The Slash is the second worse RC I’ve ever owned (worst is Revo). It’s fragile and handles like garbage, you’ll dump the price of a race kit into it to make it half-decent.

Wait, what!? More fun with a 3s Senton than an Xray? You must be really bored of the Xray.. I'll PM you my address. I'll take that boredom off your hands straight away!!😉🤣🤣
As to the Slash.. it's kinda the same thing as a 3s Senton, no? Sure, theres a galaxy worth of Slash upgrades out there..and it's alot of fun I'm sure, but besides a possibly better slipper setup and rod ends (steel vs plastic pivot balls) over the Senton, I can't see a reason to buy. 🤷‍♂️

I beat this Senton the other day harder than I've beat any RC I've ever had. I don't drive them hard but I got a smoking deal on it and felt like I had to see what it would take. It took everything and all I broke was one front shock. Put a couple of zip ties on there and finished another battery. It was also super balanced on the track bone stock. As fun as it was, that little rc devil on my shoulder keeps telling me to try another short course truck but this thing is pretty great.
I've had my Senton on an indoor clay track, on 2s, and the only thing that fought against me was the stock tires. That, and my bad driving. But ya, if you want to compete, there are better choices.

The Slash is the second worse RC I’ve ever owned (worst is Revo). It’s fragile and handles like garbage, you’ll dump the price of a race kit into it to make it half-decent.
Sct410.3... so sad they discontinued it. On sale, budget build, hands down the best basher sct (1/10) ever!!

I built out the sct410 for right around $500. Which coincidentally is the same cost of the slash ultimate. I'm not knocking the slash, no experience with it. My brother and I have quite a few 1/10 TRX vehicles, they're great for add batteries and go. But long term ownership will have you going down the rabbit hole.. wishing you started with something better.. just my opinions of course.

Wait, what!? More fun with a 3s Senton than an Xray? You must be really bored of the Xray.. I'll PM you my address. I'll take that boredom off your hands straight away!!😉🤣🤣
As to the Slash.. it's kinda the same thing as a 3s Senton, no? Sure, theres a galaxy worth of Slash upgrades out there..and it's alot of fun I'm sure, but besides a possibly better slipper setup and rod ends (steel vs plastic pivot balls) over the Senton, I can't see a reason to buy. 🤷‍♂️
I think it was mostly because I wasn't afraid to break anything. Xray parts are expensive and that's all I could think about when I would drive it so I sold it. Senton parts are cheap and right down the street from mi casa!

I have a Senton 6s and it’s a tank right out the box. I also bought a slash and could not believe the lack of quality. After having Arrma cars the Slash is like a Walmart toy. I even bought like the upgraded one and it sucked. The axles break like twigs and there is no way you could ever get that thing up to the 60 mph that the box said was” Possible’It would lift off at 25 and roll over if a light breeze hit it. People that like them just don’t know any better I guess.

I run my stuff pretty conservatively in general. Most of my TRX runs on 2s (2wd) and a couple 4x4 on 3s. If you're expectations and usage is somewhat conservative, the TRX 1/10 isn't bad.. pricey for what it is though. That's a luxury of being the biggest dog on the block.. TRX will get you in trouble when you decide stock isn't fast enough..that's when you fall down the rabbit hole..
I know what you mean about the Xray parts, I own a 1/8 Xray buggy. Thing is, it just doesn't break, I mean it's a tank!! Truly high quality IMO.
Tekno is much the same. The sct410 is a tank too, fast and agile though. I have had some impressive wrecks with it and drove away..
Sometimes, you get what you pay for.. but do your research, cuz that's not always true.

2WD or 4X4 Slash? If you mean 2WD, there's no comparison to the Senton, for obvious reasons. As for the 4X4 Slash, it entirely depends on how you plan on using it. Yes, you can spend a ton on a Slash, you can do the same with a Senton too. I've had a LWB Arrma (Senton, BRCC, Typhon) hybrid that I built, and, currently have a 2WD and 4X4 Slash, and, with how I use them, cost wise, they are pretty comparable for parts and upgrades. I have had to replace or upgrade just as many parts on my Arrma as I have my Traxxas stuff, but, I am extremely hard on my stuff, so that does make a bit of a difference.

Never had a traxa$$ but they can kick rocks.. just invest in some nice upgrades.. and then get a mojave!! 😎

20220704_112455.jpg

2WD or 4X4 Slash? If you mean 2WD, there's no comparison to the Senton, for obvious reasons. As for the 4X4 Slash, it entirely depends on how you plan on using it. Yes, you can spend a ton on a Slash, you can do the same with a Senton too. I've had a LWB Arrma (Senton, BRCC, Typhon) hybrid that I built, and, currently have a 2WD and 4X4 Slash, and, with how I use them, cost wise, they are pretty comparable for parts and upgrades. I have had to replace or upgrade just as many parts on my Arrma as I have my Traxxas stuff, but, I am extremely hard on my stuff, so that does make a bit of a difference.
TRX replacement parts are soo cheap compared to most to buy. That is certainly a plus. My brother just bought an Arrma vorteks boost. Our first exposure to the Arrma 1/10 scales.. curious to see how it holds up. He dropped a 3670 Maxx motor with Spektrum 130a esc in it. It might cry uncle sooner than later..🤔🤣🤣

" I am extremely hard on my stuff, so that does make a bit of a difference."
My boss that has 8 TRAXX cars, he babies them. Keeps em all spotless. Not me. I drive em like rental cars!!
No cream puffs in my collection either, I generally run stock(ish) but I do have a habit of stepping on their necks here and there. Maintenance is repairs right? I clean when I can't find the screws😉🍻

I love this place. I'm definitely an Arrma nerd now. I have a Talion EXB, Notorious and now the Senton. The one car I have for sale is my mini Revo. I'm glad this has been cleared up! I was hoping it would go this way because I dislike Traxxas for a lot of reasons so I didn't want to have to buy a slash LOL. They really do seem cheaply built compared to my Arrma stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back