Senton Senton love and Slash curiosity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, what!? More fun with a 3s Senton than an Xray? You must be really bored of the Xray.. I'll PM you my address. I'll take that boredom off your hands straight away!!😉🤣🤣
As to the Slash.. it's kinda the same thing as a 3s Senton, no? Sure, theres a galaxy worth of Slash upgrades out there..and it's alot of fun I'm sure, but besides a possibly better slipper setup and rod ends (steel vs plastic pivot balls) over the Senton, I can't see a reason to buy. 🤷‍♂️

Slash has a center diff and a motor mount that wasn't designed by a complete moron.

I have both a Senton 3s and a Slash 4x4 that I made a monster truck. All I can say is that I absolutely hate the Senton compared to the Traxxas. Every single time the Senton goes out something breaks on it, the monster Slash has broken one thing in the past few years. Not to mention that I have to rebuild the motor module every 3 packs on the Senton. Currently the motor in the Senton is fubared because of the bearings, I've never touched the motor in the Slash and the bearings are just as good as they were when I put them in it 3 years ago.

Oh there are a few who are gonna reel you back in right quick..

legate-damar-resist-today.gif

Slash has a center diff and a motor mount that wasn't designed by a complete moron.

I have both a Senton 3s and a Slash 4x4 that I made a monster truck. All I can say is that I absolutely hate the Senton compared to the Traxxas. Every single time the Senton goes out something breaks on it, the monster Slash has broken one thing in the past few years. Not to mention that I have to rebuild the motor module every 3 packs on the Senton. Currently the motor in the Senton is fubared because of the bearings, I've never touched the motor in the Slash and the bearings are just as good as they were when I put them in it 3 years ago.
Huh, guess Ted's got it wrong then🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20230505-150715_Samsung Internet.jpg

A turn of events! LOL
We do this everyday!!😉🤣🤣🍻

Well, I have both and love em both on my dirt track! Only major upgrade I did was turn it into a 3s. It's the 2wd one, which is a different driving style than the Senton 4wd, blast to drive on dirt. The 2wd Slash is beast. Haven't had to do any major repairs in 2 years of having it......no bashing at all though. Strictly dirt track racin' for fun. For the price, it's worth it for a dirt track.

If you are thinking for competitive racing, no. Tekno all the way for that.

Still like the Senton 3s better, and neither can compete with the Tekno SCT410.3.....but it's def worth it if you don't have the funds for a Tekno. Again, on a dirt track.....I don't bash with it at all. (y) 😁✌️

This is gonna get heated once the Slash players arrive!
FWIW, I do thoroughly enjoy my TRX's. Bandit, Rustler, Hoss and Xmaxx. No brand loyalties here!!
I love this place. I'm definitely an Arrma nerd now. I have a Talion EXB, Notorious and now the Senton. The one car I have for sale is my mini Revo. I'm glad this has been cleared up! I was hoping it would go this way because I dislike Traxxas for a lot of reasons so I didn't want to have to buy a slash LOL. They really do seem cheaply built compared to my Arrma stuff.
Yep, you definitely came to the right place! Welcome by the way😁🍻
I don't believe in brand loyalty myself. I buy what I like🤷‍♂️
I don't care for TRX business practices, but it is a business, and profit is the reason for it's existence.
They have the best engineers out there IMO. They build them for max profit, but there's good in them, just as most any recognizable brand.

By the way. I'm definitely not planning on organized racing. I will be using it at the dirt track for fun, out in the yard and on the street. Getting some street tires next. Me and my buddies are thinking about setting up an on road/off-road track. Building some folding jumps and getting some cones to set up at local parking lots. This truck should be great for that.

This is my 2WD Slash at the skate park we go to:
And this is my Arrma hybrid, that shows just how hard I am on them:

The Slash 4x4 is pretty decent, main issue is that they haven’t really updated with all of the newer/stronger parts available like the Hoss has and the HD parts. They still ship with the weaker, older parts on it.

I have a Senton 6s and it’s a tank right out the box. I also bought a slash and could not believe the lack of quality. After having Arrma cars the Slash is like a Walmart toy. I even bought like the upgraded one and it sucked. The axles break like twigs and there is no way you could ever get that thing up to the 60 mph that the box said was” Possible’It would lift off at 25 and roll over if a light breeze hit it. People that like them just don’t know any better I guess.
Before i discovered Arrmas' Mojave, i ran two Slash Ultimates. I bought way too many 'upgrades' just for fun and trying things out. The VXL system gets hot. It's meant for clay/carpet racing, not bashing. I upgraded with Castle systems to run 3S. I put the XO-1 cvd's and they hold up well, as long as you don't overtighten the slipper clutch. Upgraded the slipper to the Revo slipper, but the stock one probability would have been fine. With the more powerful Castle systems, the plastic motor mount flexed too much, so i replaced it with an aluminium version.
And out of the box the chassis has so much flex, i ruined multiple aluminium center drive shafts in cartwheels.
Been looking for t2t braces for a while, but they all seemed flimsy to me. Until Traxxas introduced their own. It is sturdy, eliminated pretty much all chassis flex, and my only damage now consists of occasional A -arms and stub axles breaking.
So, brace, motor mount and axles are the only upgrades it really needs.
i am still running the stock servo and rx/tx after three years. Setup can be done on my smartphone, by Traxxas link.
Overall a nice basher rig, don't know about racing. And the amount of needed upgrades isn't that bad. The Mojaves need upgrades too.

Before i discovered Arrmas' Mojave, i ran two Slash Ultimates. I bought way too many 'upgrades' just for fun and trying things out. The VXL system gets hot. It's meant for clay/carpet racing, not bashing. I upgraded with Castle systems to run 3S. I put the XO-1 cvd's and they hold up well, as long as you don't overtighten the slipper clutch. Upgraded the slipper to the Revo slipper, but the stock one probability would have been fine. With the more powerful Castle systems, the plastic motor mount flexed too much, so i replaced it with an aluminium version.
And out of the box the chassis has so much flex, i ruined multiple aluminium center drive shafts in cartwheels.
Been looking for t2t braces for a while, but they all seemed flimsy to me. Until Traxxas introduced their own. It is sturdy, eliminated pretty much all chassis flex, and my only damage now consists of occasional A -arms and stub axles breaking.
So, brace, motor mount and axles are the only upgrades it really needs.
i am still running the stock servo and rx/tx after three years. Setup can be done on my smartphone, by Traxxas link.
Overall a nice basher rig, don't know about racing. And the amount of needed upgrades isn't that bad. The Mojaves need upgrades too.

This is the thing that most people don't understand, every rc car has issues or problems of some sort. How easy it is to fix said issues is what makes all the difference in the world. The Slash might have it's issues but you can at least fix them. The Arrma 4x4 platform you are at the mercy of homebrew and bandaid fixes for the flawed designs. I'm not the only one who has issues with dirt ingress into the motor module there are multiple multiple page threads discussing this issue with a lot of this might work or that might work but nothing worked. Like I said having to replace the bearings in the motor and slipper every 3-4 runs got old and expensive really fast especially since the last attempt at finding a fix just resulted in a fubared motor......

The Slash 4x4 is pretty decent, main issue is that they haven’t really updated with all of the newer/stronger parts available like the Hoss has and the HD parts. They still ship with the weaker, older parts on it.
This is the very reason I wouldn't buy a Slash ultimate..$500 for outdated stuff.. I mean for a few bucks more, one could build a legit race worthy sct. When on sale, the Tekno was an easy choice. Losi, Associated, Hobao..
Of course they're not plug and play, therefore not a consideration to the Uber generation.. but, if someone is here discussing the topic, I believe they're likely more informed than the typical slash buyer? Like it, buy it. Can't make a horse drink water..🤷‍♂️🍻

I haven't noticed any reason for bandaid fixes at all. The Senton is stupid easy to work on and the parts availability seems plentiful. Plus, like I said, it's tough as hell.
The dirt ingestion is an easy fix. I did the Velcro trick under the transmission. Stays spotless now.
This is the thing that most people don't understand, every rc car has issues or problems of some sort. How easy it is to fix said issues is what makes all the difference in the world. The Slash might have it's issues but you can at least fix them. The Arrma 4x4 platform you are at the mercy of homebrew and bandaid fixes for the flawed designs. I'm not the only one who has issues with dirt ingress into the motor module there are multiple multiple page threads discussing this issue with a lot of this might work or that might work but nothing worked. Like I said having to replace the bearings in the motor and slipper every 3-4 runs got old and expensive really fast especially since the last attempt at finding a fix just resulted in a fubared motor

This is the thing that most people don't understand, every rc car has issues or problems of some sort. How easy it is to fix said issues is what makes all the difference in the world. The Slash might have it's issues but you can at least fix them.

💯!

I haven't noticed any reason for bandaid fixes at all. The Senton is stupid easy to work on and the parts availability seems plentiful. Plus, like I said, it's tough as hell.
The dirt ingestion is an easy fix. I did the Velcro trick under the transmission. Stays spotless now.
My experience has been the same with the 3S line so far.

All of the "fixes" for the dirt ingress into the motor module are bandaid fixes. They actually don't fix the issues with the motor module they just cover it up.

I am sorry but this should not come out of the motor after 3 packs.

1683432340535.png

1683432382822.png

And the best part is I have not 1 Arrma 3s models but 2, I also have a 3s Typhon that had this exact same issue. I have since pulled the motor and esc out of my Typhon and put them in my Rustler where I haven't had to replace the motor bearings in almost a year. The Typhon is basically a parts donor for when something breaks on the Senton now.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back