Senton Senton love and Slash curiosity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the "fixes" for the dirt ingress into the motor module are bandaid fixes. They actually don't fix the issues with the motor module they just cover it up.

I am sorry but this should not come out of the motor after 3 packs.

View attachment 297943

View attachment 297944

And the best part is I have not 1 Arrma 3s models but 2, I also have a 3s Typhon that had this exact same issue. I have since pulled the motor and esc out of my Typhon and put them in my Rustler where I haven't had to replace the motor bearings in almost a year. The Typhon is basically a parts donor for when something breaks on the Senton now.
That sucks dude. You driving it in a lot of mud?

This is the very reason I wouldn't buy a Slash ultimate..$500 for outdated stuff.. I mean for a few bucks more, one could build a legit race worthy sct. When on sale, the Tekno was an easy choice. Losi, Associated, Hobao..
Of course they're not plug and play, therefore not a consideration to the Uber generation.. but, if someone is here discussing the topic, I believe they're likely more informed than the typical slash buyer? Like it, buy it. Can't make a horse drink water..🤷‍♂️🍻
Y R U comparing a beginner's RTR Ultimate to every other pro-spec kit you have to build? Apples vs Oranges much?

hint: they aren't even in the same class, which is why you don't see any Traxxas rigs on the LiveRC YouTube Races.

I built a couple of kits in the 80's as a kid, but I have bought 15 RTRs in the past 4 years.

Y R U comparing a beginner's RTR Ultimate to every other pro-spec kit you have to build? Apples vs Oranges much?

hint: they aren't even in the same class, which is why you don't see any Traxxas rigs on the LiveRC YouTube Races.

I built a couple of kits in the 80's as a kid, but I have bought 15 RTRs in the past 4 years.
I suppose you can say that.. I look at things in dollars and sense myself.. in other words, why pay $500 for something that will never be track worthy? I don't race but I sure enjoy driving a race worthy rc...Cap that slash ultimate off with some triple priced batteries and charger and uh.. well, it just don't make no sense😉🤷‍♂️🤪 there's no value in a $500 slash IMO.
Truth be told, I wouldn't buy any rtr if the same was offered in a kit.. I like my Arrma's but, I'd rather build it myself.. problem for me is, every 1/8 scale truggy kit is at least $700. If a decent kit were more economical, I wouldn't own a single rtr.

Last edited:
Yeah, I definitely do hear of folks having issues with the "power module"..
I'm not knocking the slash by the way, I'm sure it's a whole lotta fun.. I just don't see the price tag being justified. ✌

Find a Senton 6S if you can.

FWIW, I have a 3s Senton that I've done most of the popular upgrades you can do to it. Currently I'm running it on a Spektrum 150a esc, 3s on dirt 4s for road bashing. I've dumped more money into it than anyone would ever consider wise, but it's fun and I really enjoy it. I've run it at a track and it's fun, for club racing, it's perfect. For racing against friends and kids at the local track, it's perfect. Sure it's not a real race kit, there are hop up parts for it sure, but there will be limitations in how you can set it up. But you wont realize them until you get to that point in racing. Buy the Slash, compare it, enjoy it for what it is and if you don't like it sell it. They're both plastic RC cars that need upgrades.

C42D5030-1008-4570-8268-6FA405731439.jpeg

Last edited:
I have both, and From a
The perspective of a really hard basher (20-40ft concrete jumps) they have both been stupidly durable. Far more durable than my kraton exb, stampede, tmaxx, or any other cars I have. Personally I think the senton is more fun but it think the slash is a teeny bit more durable. As for breakages, haven’t really broken anything. I’ve broke the number mount and chewed through 3 pairs of tires on the senton and had the screw fall out of the arm and bent the center shaft a little bit ( not enough to stop it) on the slash
I have both, and From a
The perspective of a really hard basher (20-40ft concrete jumps) they have both been stupidly durable. Far more durable than my kraton exb, stampede, tmaxx, or any other cars I have. Personally I think the senton is more fun but it think the slash is a teeny bit more durable. As for breakages, haven’t really broken anything. I’ve broke the number mount and chewed through 3 pairs of tires on the senton and had the screw fall out of the arm and bent the center shaft a little bit ( not enough to stop it) on the slash
Both handle pretty bad in stock configuration and the slash body rubbed on the wheels out of the box

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back