Senton Senton overheat issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e34canon

Reaction score
Senton 3s blx v3 Overheating esc and brushless motor. Never messed with hearing but suddenly started heating up more than usual. I’ve had the car for 1week. I’m running 5200mah 11.1v 3s 50c batterie packs.. I Cannot think of a reason why it would overheat like this. I don’t have a temp gun. I’m using the skin test lol. The wires are heating up real good also.

I haven’t messed with the slipper. You think it may have loosened or tightened? I’ll check it now.

It doesn’t shut off, but it is getting hotter than normal. Yesterday it melted my battery lead. I just checked the slipper and it was tight to where I could not turn it on either side so I just loosened it to the recommended turn and a half? I Slapped it back together and it made a small improvement. The motor and motor plate are still getting pretty hot.

You said packs so did it run hot with both packs? Heat can come from resistance which could come from a lot of places. What type of battery connectors do you have? Check for any loose wires or solder joints too.

You said packs so did it run hot with both packs? Heat can come from resistance which could come from a lot of places. What type of battery connectors do you have? Check for any loose wires or solder joints too.
I’m running ic5 connectors. The wires are all solid no tears and good soldering. Sorry if I wasn’t clear earlier. Those packs are what I run on the car. Yesterday I only ran one pack, so there was no heat accumulation. It got hot after about 5 minutes of driving on dirt in my backyard.

I'd check the mesh as Stephen suggested as well. Would be good to get something to get a real temp measurement if you can.

I’ll check the mesh today after work. I also ordered a temp gun which is estimated to to be here tomorrow, but It did seem to be cooler after adjusting the slipper. 😀 We’ll see when I get a temp reading.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back