Felony Seven65 body eating into tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
Hello looking for help from people with the Seven65 body. My wheel wells (front and rear) catch the wheels when cornering, which not only ruins the body and paint but destroyed the tires. Already have suspension clamped all the way down. Hesitant to raise the body because that will create a gap, not sure what else to do. Any suggestions other than cut the wheel wells bigger than the factory suggestion?

I think you have to either raise the body post up one or mess with the droop screws/preload.

Hello looking for help from people with the Seven65 body. My wheel wells (front and rear) catch the wheels when cornering, which not only ruins the body and paint but destroyed the tires. Already have suspension clamped all the way down. Hesitant to raise the body because that will create a gap, not sure what else to do. Any suggestions other than cut the wheel wells bigger than the factory suggestion?
Pics?

Cut the wheel wells bigger? Move the body forwards or backwards depending on where it rubs by drilling the holes in the body different? Chances are you drilled the holes in the body a little too far forward and the body is a bit too far back and the front of the front tire is rubbing on the wheel well, no?
You know where it rubs now: lexan scissors to trim the body a bit. Good to go.
Oh.

Yeah. . . Shut up freelander. No I don't want to cut the wheel wells.

I am stupid.

But look at the holes in the body and see if you can cheat the body forward or back and solve the problem.

Note I did trim the front wheel arches to go straight down now instead of wrap around like the rear one. I'm not sure how the rear one caught but now I notice the rear body is also cracked from an earlier incident with a fence post (hence the side body damage) and wondering if that was the culprit.

Also note I've got a front splitter and side skirts that the lip of the body goes over so the side of the body itself can't physically move, so its not getting sucked in that way...

IMG_3134.jpeg

IMG_3135.jpeg

IMG_3136.jpeg

IMG_3137.jpeg

IMG_3138.jpeg

IMG_3139.jpeg

IMG_3140.jpeg

IMG_3141.jpeg

Cut the wheel wells bigger? Move the body forwards or backwards depending on where it rubs by drilling the holes in the body different? Chances are you drilled the holes in the body a little too far forward and the body is a bit too far back and the front of the front tire is rubbing on the wheel well, no?
You know where it rubs now: lexan scissors to trim the body a bit. Good to go.
Oh.

Yeah. . . Shut up freelander. No I don't want to cut the wheel wells.

I am stupid.

But look at the holes in the body and see if you can cheat the body forward or back and solve the problem.
LOL wow a self contained thread in a single post haha.

Maybe try putting fuel line on the shaft of your front shocks to limit travel/compression of the front shocks. If the body is what it cutting up your tires your front suspension is compressing too much under braking or on turning. That means your front splitter is rubbing and robbing you of braking and steering.

Your ride height is already pretty high in the front so tightening the springs is not gonna work. You need thicker shock oil in front or something to limit downward travel to keep your shocks from compressing too much and allowing the body to contact your front tires.

Does anybody knows the color of that cool green 765?
Thanx

Try stiffer springs so you can can keep your preload low but limit compression. I’m assuming you’re already running compression limiters on the bottom (outside) of the shock shafts?

I haven't had any such issues and, visually, I feel like my tires are a lot closer to the wheel wells than yours. Is it possible that the tire came unglued from the wheel and centrifugal force pulled it making contact with the wheel well? Your rear tire looks more like it got chunked by the CF side fill and not the body.

1652427986924.jpeg

Edit: I know it seems counter intuitive, but raising the body actually has the potential of making it worse. The wheel wells on the 765 get narrower towards the bottom with the widest part actually being centered on the axle.

1652428476191.png

Note I did trim the front wheel arches to go straight down now instead of wrap around like the rear one. I'm not sure how the rear one caught but now I notice the rear body is also cracked from an earlier incident with a fence post (hence the side body damage) and wondering if that was the culprit.

Also note I've got a front splitter and side skirts that the lip of the body goes over so the side of the body itself can't physically move, so its not getting sucked in that way...

View attachment 213293

View attachment 213294

View attachment 213295

View attachment 213296

View attachment 213297

View attachment 213298

View attachment 213299

View attachment 213300

LOL wow a self contained thread in a single post haha.
Looking more closelier at these pictures got me wondering...what on earth is going on with your splitter here? Is it possible that you have the foam bumper in upside down? IIRC I think I did the same thing the first time I installed the body/foam bumper and was perplexed about what was happening. Is the side of the foam bumper with the cut out section facing down or up?

1652428917765.png

Last edited:
Hi, from the one with the height and tire problems.
But no problem at all, found a solution.
Thank you.
Which color do you think of with the lambo? Keep us up to date.

Hi, from the one with the height and tire problems.
But no problem at all, found a solution.
Thank you.
Which color do you think of with the lambo? Keep us up to date.
I'm still waiting on some paints and tail lights, but I haven't made a final decision on the color yet. I have an idea, but I need to do some tests to see if it turns out the way I see it in my mind. Currently I'm still working on Porsche 917K XL & Ford C100 bodies from Deltaplastiks. Once those are done I'll start work on the Lamborghini.

I’m having a hard time finding a 917 body in a 325mm wheelbase. I really want to do one as a speed run body in Gulf livery. I love those cars. They were brutally, violently fast, and only the best of them tamed that beast.
I'm still waiting on some paints and tail lights, but I haven't made a final decision on the color yet. I have an idea, but I need to do some tests to see if it turns out the way I see it in my mind. Currently I'm still working on Porsche 917K XL & Ford C100 bodies from Deltaplastiks. Once those are done I'll start work on the Lamborghini.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back