Shock pliers, educate me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ifgoneleaveamessage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
So I picked these up cheap on aliexpress.
Has lots of markings but i don't know what any of it is for. Can someone give me a rundown of tool uses?
20220629_112648.jpg
20220629_112640.jpg

Starting from top to bottom, it appears to have a 4mm and 5mm turnbuckle wrench built in the tip above the pivot, below the pivot you have 3 different shock shaft sizes usually 3, 3.5 and 4mm, then the next two spots below that are for holding onto the shock body, as previously mentioned the spots on the side are for measuring fasteners, where is says T that is a spot to place your t connector for soldering, and all of the holes on the side are for holding bullet connectors while you are soldering them. I wouldn't use that as a soldering jig as aluminum makes a poor material for holding bullet connectors as it wicks away the heat from the connectors.

This is how the ball stud thing works.
20220521_153232.jpg

20220521_153244.jpg

20220521_153316.jpg

Just built there SCT410.3 with it worked great.
That thing looks like a sweet basher
I wouldn't use that as a soldering jig as aluminum makes a poor material for holding bullet connectors as it wicks away the heat from the connectors.
I learned this the hard way. I bought a sweet looking soldering jig and was having all sorts of trouble. Well it was aluminum. I ditched it and soldering is so much easier now.

I have a similar tool and it's awesome.

Green for adjusting turnbuckles.
Blue for holding shock shafts to unscrew the ends. It's round so it doesn't scuff the shaft.
Orange for installing/uninstalling ball joints.

View attachment 226529
You read my mind.
I use the Tekno version.
And said same thing. This tool has other uses. But it is primarily a Shock tool and Ball Remover and Installer for rod ends of shocks and tie rods.
The key thing about it, is that it is Alloy( Softer than steel) and won't scratch/gouge the Shock Shafts when installing the Ends.
The main reason I have one of these.
Nothing worse than using regular steel pliers and ruining Shock shafts.
This tool obviously does other things. You can get creative I imagine. Having no instructions. Curious about the other features.

2 Shock pliers.jpg

Pink is for holding Shock Shafts while screwing in the ends.
Red is for installing and removing Rod end Balls very easily. ( at Shock shafts and Tie rods)
The holes are for measuring O.D. (diameters) in MM.
A Shock Tool is a must have in any RC toolbox.(y)

Last edited:
Think I'll get this one since it's cheap and I already have a turnbuckle wrench and calipers to measure screws. Used to have a better set way back when I raced and built kits, didn't think they were worth getting for bashers but at $14CAD eh why not.

51lc9fKXUmL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Think I'll get this one since it's cheap and I already have a turnbuckle wrench and calipers to measure screws. Used to have a better set way back when I raced and built kits, didn't think they were worth getting for bashers but at $14CAD eh why not.

View attachment 226555
i have this one too, it’s good 👍🏻

I learned this the hard way. I bought a sweet looking soldering jig and was having all sorts of trouble. Well it was aluminum. I ditched it and soldering is so much easier now.
I also found this out the hard way. I now use an old wooden block with holes drilled in it slightly smaller than the bullets I'm using works a treat

Yes, that’s what we built it for. Just need a body and we’re ready to roll,

Wow overwhelmed by the response. Thanks for all the explanation. I think I'll put in some pivot balls tonight so I can play with the new tool. The fastener measurements look odd to me like it's different scales on both sides but I'll have a closer look shortly.

The fastener measurements look odd to me like it's different scales on both sides but I'll have a closer look shortly.
It’s because flathead length is measured as the whole screw, and button/socket is measured only by the threaded portion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back