Notorious Shockwaves on a Notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Anyone running Proline shockwaves on an outcast/notorious? I had a set that I just put on and I put the backflips on my Kraton. The Trenchers are going to ride the bench for a while.
20190422_113320.jpg

Shockwaves are nice looking tire. Funny, I just put my backflips back on the Kraton last week too. The trenchers heat things up too much as the weather is getting warmer. When I have an extra 80 bucks I will try the copperhead 2 on the Kraton.

Shockwaves are shorter or the kraton tires are shorter? The kraton tires seem pretty small, I have a set on one of my revo's.
Shockwaves are 152mm. Minokawas are 165 mm.

Shockwaves are shorter but wider than the Backflips are. But so far they have outlasted the backflips.
20180827_093456.jpg
20180827_093520.jpg
20180827_093534.jpg

The numbers make sense... but I'm a picture kind of guy. :)

The Minokawas seem really small compared to what I was running... the shockwaves would be like badlands, super small.
I think Badlands are similar in diameter but narrower than the Shockwaves.

Guess you should have strapped them. I didn't even try running my trenchers on my outcast with 6S without wrapping them with kevlar. Was afraid that would happen. Before on 4S, they ballooned a bit.

Nice doubles, the rim may have gotten knock out of wack on that landing. Sometimes they can be force at bit back close to true.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back