Talion Should I change the ball bearings every 20 runs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say don't take your favorite RC, and whatever you take, rinse with freshwater / wd40 when you get home, and plan on a full teardown to clean bearings within a week or two (before you run it again)

Sand gets everywhere. Compressed air will only remove sand on the surface- and that sand will not cause problems. It is the sand in the bearings and gearboxes and suspension pivots that will make problems.

I'd say don't take your favorite RC, and whatever you take, rinse with freshwater / wd40 when you get home, and plan on a full teardown to clean bearings within a week or two (before you run it again)

Sand gets everywhere. Compressed air will only remove sand on the surface- and that sand will not cause problems. It is the sand in the bearings and gearboxes and suspension pivots that will make problems.
I might give it a miss then, it would be so good though there are heaps of hills near me, but it is very close to a lake so may end very badly. Thank you for the info.

I might give it a miss then, it would be so good though there are heaps of hills near me, but it is very close to a lake so may end very badly. Thank you for the info.
I am not saying don't do it. Sand bashing can be a hoot! But cleanup is a PITA.

It's kinda like snow bashing or mud bashing, it sure is fun watching that thing fly through a mud pit but omg cleaning it afterwards. I'm still cleaning mud out of my Outcast from my Christmas day bash.

Or you can just run it through a puddle a couple of times to clean it. I only clean the parts that I’m working on other than that it usually cleans it’s self

I sand bash my Baja and 5ive T regularly and yes they are easier to clean with less electronics, the bearings and such will get clean with compressed air and a brush. Is it a 3 minute clean up? Hell no, but it’s not that terrible as long as you also don’t get it wet. Water is the worst thing you can drive your car through. At minimum, when driving in sand take off your wheels and clean the hub bearings and stub axle. Then take a hard bristle to the diff outdrives. If there still is sand, take your WD40 and direct blast the outdrives where the bearing sits to get the fine granuals out of the area.

Id rather clean dry sand than wet mud and dead grass

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back