should I upgrade my 3s typhon 8s 6s ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's a 3S I wouldn't go more than 4S without serious upgrades. Then you might as well look at the 6S.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Typhon. Have a mega that has been upgraded with a 4S system and geared up. Laugh riot. But, I know it's limitations.

This was my initial thought with my first RC, which was a Typhon 3s , but realized the cost for a new Typhon 6s would be a better investment. I don't have that much faith in the drivetrain to handle too much more power reliably. By the time you do get to upgrading those parts, you can see why just getting a 6s makes more sense.

When I do go back to running my Typhon (on 3s) it's always a blast because of how light it is and sets itself apart from my 6s and 8s rigs.

I am currently building an 8s Typhon for speed runs myself. I bought a brand new 6s roller from ebay, stretched it with the Kraton 6s chassis. I installed limitless shock towers and shocks so its low to the ground. I put a Castle 1721 Sensored Motor - 2400Kv with a Mamba XLX2, 8S, 33.6V 150amp ESC and a front wing or splitter (haven't decided which yet). I might put the extended arms on it also but I want to see how it handles with this giant motor (I did not realize how big a 56mm can really was lol). Question, Does anyone know what the stock spur gear is on a typhon 6S? I am not able to find the info anywhere which is surprising. I found the stock pinion gear easily but not the spur gear. The pictures show my firma motor I am using for the mockup. I am still waiting for the castle motor to come.

20240112_110224.jpg

Typhon 6S with Typhon body 1.jpg

I have the TLRT, and run it on 4 s, just bashing. 6 s is a bit much. 🏁 .

Sweet looking Typhon. 6s and all. Welcome to the Arrma club. 💥. I would not make it more powerful. Is it not powerful? With that said, this hobby is all about what you want, not me. You should make it into what you want. I hope you do. Let us know. 🏁 . Folks here can guide you a long the way.:cool:

Last edited:
Sweet looking Typhon. 6s and all. Welcome to the Arrma club. 💥
Thanks, its my first custom build. It started as a Typhon 6s roller. When its all done, it'll be a 8S top speed road beast (hopefully lol). I'm glad to be here!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back