8s exb or 6s exb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the tower 20% off deal, I’d grab the 8s Kraton EXB before I’d grab the 6s.

Beings the 1/7 BRCC body is basically over priced trash, I’d stay away. The Fireteam body is also overpriced trash that I’d steer clear from. Look what either of those bodies cost compared to a Kraton or Outcast 8s body and then come back and discuss more about everything 1/5 scale being “double” the price.

I actually own both of the Arrma 8s rigs, an Xmaxx, an XRT, a 1/8 Maxx, a Kraton XL, (had a Mojave and sold it) and a few others. 9 times out of 10, I’m bashing one of the big 4.
Couldn't agree more. Hell even the wifey thinks the xrt feels like a kraton 6s on roids and loves it. She even carries that poop by herself up and down 3 flights of stairs while being 110lbs. Funny enough the k6s and xrt her fav two bashers and she will pick the xrt over the k6s 8 times out of 10. Makes me look at some people on the forums weird 🤣 🤣

Each scale has its place I feel. I haven't found a use for anything under 1/10 though, perhaps if I had a basement maybe?
The bigger the scale, the more it needs, no way around it. Money, space, it's all relevant to size of the rig. I have quite a few 1/8, a couple 1/10 and 2 8s rigs. The 1/8 is easily the most versatile IMO. 1/10 can be bat $hit crazy fast for minimum coin, but rough terrain or tall grass spoils the fun right quickly. 8s needs real estate, the more powerful it is, the more they need to be appreciated.
To the OP, since you've already converted the Noto to Kraton (and upgraded), not sure what you'll be gaining from another. If you really want an 8s that handles, and comfortable in smaller spaces, you might want to seriously consider an XRT?

Each scale has its place I feel. I haven't found a use for anything under 1/10 though, perhaps if I had a basement maybe?
The bigger the scale, the more it needs, no way around it. Money, space, it's all relevant to size of the rig. I have quite a few 1/8, a couple 1/10 and 2 8s rigs. The 1/8 is easily the most versatile IMO. 1/10 can be bat $hit crazy fast for minimum coin, but rough terrain or tall grass spoils the fun right quickly. 8s needs real estate, the more powerful it is, the more they need to be appreciated.
To the OP, since you've already converted the Noto to Kraton (and upgraded), not sure what you'll be gaining from another. If you really want an 8s that handles, and comfortable in smaller spaces, you might want to seriously consider an XRT?

Kingcobra has the XRT and with the coupon Cobra10, you can pick one up tax free for $899.

Kingcobra has the XRT and with the coupon Cobra10, you can pick one up tax free for $899.
Yeah, that's about as good as it gets for a discount on a TRX. I don't regret my v1 K8S, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish it were an XRT instead.😉
AND, Tax Free!!😎🤘😁 Really makes a difference when spending that kinda coin IMO.

Stay with the 6s line. K6 EXB hands down the best bang for the buck IMHO right now.
However if you want to go bigger and longer, just jump to the 6s 1/7 BRCC or Fireteam. FT body I find fairly strong and is integrated as part of the chassis structure, so it costs more.
FT is the heaviest 6s model for sure. Yet I can still pull wheelies on demand if I want to. With Stock 6s electrics.
1/7 BRCC body is questionable IMHO. Surely looks nice. That's about it. It seems to break so easily with no front body clips used, as others stated. I don't own a BRCC.
Only a 6s Mojave and FT.
Just me.

Last edited:
Stay with the 6s line. K6 EXB hands down the best bang for the buck IMHO right now.
However if you want to go bigger and longer, just jump to the 6s 1/7 BRCC or Fireteam. FT body I find fairly strong and is integrated as part of the chassis structure, so it costs more.
FT is the heaviest 6s model for sure. Yet I can still pull wheelies on demand if I want to. With Stock 6s electrics.
1/7 BRCC body is questionable IMHO. Surely looks nice. That's about it. It seems to break so easily with no front body clips used, as others stated. I don't own a BRCC.
Only a 6s Mojave and FT.
Just me.
Thank you everyone who responded with their opinions after I stole the thread from @tophe. I just ordered the 1/8 scale kraton exb rtr. If I get back into the hobby enough I'll pull the trigger on the new 1/5 kraton exb 8s. Now to research new lipo chargers, I've always had good luck with SMC lipos.

Thank you everyone who responded with their opinions after I stole the thread from @tophe. I just ordered the 1/8 scale kraton exb rtr. If I get back into the hobby enough I'll pull the trigger on the new 1/5 kraton exb 8s. Now to research new lipo chargers, I've always had good luck with SMC lipos.
Sweet! Congrats 👍 Having both 6 and 8s will cover almost any bashing terrain you will find. Each has it's attributes.

Lots of great input. I am favoritive to the 6s line. I have looked at the fireteam and was thinking about it as well. I should fill everyone in on what I have currently. The noto of course, I got the limitless on an auction site for $100 basically new, my brother got me a vendetta right before they discontinued them, Vorteks 3s, my wife and daughter have granites one 4x4 mega and 3s for the other. I also aquired pretty much all parts to build a 6s typhon from friends that upgraded theres and build my own since i had the chassis and some parts left over. I'm mainly looking at "different/durable" for this one but also bang for discount buck lol. This will be my "last" one at least for a while. I do drive all of them and let others drive them as well so it's not gonna be a shelf queen for sure. I've looked at so many options it's unreal. The vorteks and tyhon are my favorite right now. The noto I haven't been able to try out yet. But will soon enough.

20240122_164528.jpg

20240105_084302.jpg

20231201_223117.jpg

I've also been looking at other models on horizonhobby trying to decide. Went as far as the losi dbxl. I just don't know lmao.
I just bought both and to be honest I don’t know what I would pick. They both have their ups and downs. The 1/5 is a beast and fun to drive. Although the 6s is just as much fun. Tough choice but if I had a 30% coupon I would have got the 8s EXB cause that is a a deal for that beast!
Kind of thinking that myself. Either that or the losi dbxl. @Aloring3

@KnowAir My only issue with the xrt is they don't sell them on horizon hobby. That's where my discount is.

I'm honestly leaning toward the losi dbxl-e 2.0. I keep going back to it. It's definitely something different. Idk just something about it. I know this is an arrma forum and everything
I also have everything arrma as well so it really doesn't help lol

haha I'm the exact opposite. I have the most fun driving 16 mins away to my fav park with a spot for me to launch my rigs. I went months without touching an 1/8th basher because the DBXL/XRT/K8s/o8s were so much more fun. To make it even worse, it extended to my on road rigs as well. As soon as I started getting 1/5th scale on road rigs I stopped messing with my limitless/felony etc etc. Just something about the size and all that power that just makes it feel like its on a whole nother level. My 12s on road rigs give an insane rush :ROFLMAO:

What kind of car is that? It sounds like a real car accelerating! Awesome 👏

Your extended Notorius is a 6s Kraton now. The longer wheelbase is all that separates the two. The Kraton is by far my favorite 6s. You will really like the driving difference the long wheelbase offers. You can’t drive if the front wheels are off the ground.

What kind of car is that? It sounds like a real car accelerating! Awesome 👏
it's like having an ear orgasim! I can literally just go up and down the street with that thing and not get bored just because it sounds so awesome lol. I was so surprised the first time I got on the throttle and heard it.

Its this https://rovanrc.com/product/RVEF5R-03/

But ^ is a clone of this

https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/mcd-xs5-competition-supercar-rolling-chassis

I was ignorant when I bought the rovan, if I had to do it all over again i'd get the mcd as the price difference is not much and it's definitely made using better parts etc. I still love the rovan but yea, I know i'd have loved that mcd version even more :ROFLMAO:

What is this 30% off we speak of? I would like to get it on it lol
I think tower still has 20% off for members but I dunno about a 30%

Well after many winter snow bashing/racing/drifting/sliding sessions in the streets that have turns with round big turn zones at the end, and also doing lots of big parking lots.

I can say that the Sledge feels like smallest thing that is intresting to drive on snow, Fireteam with gyro better but the 1/5 Outcast/Kraton and Xmaxx/XRT is alot more intense more of a rush.

Outdoor non winter so many more smaller RC's are also intresting and the 6s line have alot better performance.
Losi electric 1/5 and 1/6 looks intresting.

Last edited:
Back