8s exb or 6s exb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is this 30% off we speak of? I would like to get it on it lol
I did the horizonhobby membership thing. Got the military discount for the year subscription. So therefore why I'm trying to get it to pay for itself lol
Well after many winter snow bashing/racing/drifting/sliding sessions in the streets that have turns with round big turn zones at the end, and also doing lots of big parking lots.

I can say that the Sledge feels like smallest thing that is intresting to drive on snow, Fireteam with gyro better but the 1/5 Outcast/Kraton and Xmaxx/XRT is alot more intense more of a rush.

Outdoor non winter so many more smaller RC's are also intresting and the 6s line have alot better performance.
Losi electric 1/5 and 1/6 looks intresting.
My wife suggested that I do the 1/8 tlr 8ight xte kit and make it my own as far as wheels, electronics, paint and transmitter and receiver. Sounded good and looks pretty cool with all the tlr stuff on it, but I just don't know lol.
Stay with the 6s line. K6 EXB hands down the best bang for the buck IMHO right now.
However if you want to go bigger and longer, just jump to the 6s 1/7 BRCC or Fireteam. FT body I find fairly strong and is integrated as part of the chassis structure, so it costs more.
FT is the heaviest 6s model for sure. Yet I can still pull wheelies on demand if I want to. With Stock 6s electrics.
1/7 BRCC body is questionable IMHO. Surely looks nice. That's about it. It seems to break so easily with no front body clips used, as others stated. I don't own a BRCC.
Only a 6s Mojave and FT.
Just me.
I do like the idea of the fireteam. Being an exb variant with the brake setup all pretty cool. And it's in the middle as far as what I'm wanting. Something different and in between the 2 sizes I'm interested in.
Your extended Notorius is a 6s Kraton now. The longer wheelbase is all that separates the two. The Kraton is by far my favorite 6s. You will really like the driving difference the long wheelbase offers. You can’t drive if the front wheels are off the ground.
I've also added the limited slip differentials. Had a gear on one messed up and cup on the other. Found good used ones for a good price from a fireteam. So essentially it's an exb now just not v2. Hobbywing 8bl150 w 2000kv motor. I put the spectrum setup in the limitless for now.

Last edited:
@KnowAir My only issue with the xrt is they don't sell them on horizon hobby. That's where my discount is.
There is a world out there besides HH to buy your Traxxasss stuff. And Trx stuff rarely gets discounted anyway, last I tried.
HH selling Trx stuff makes no sense for them. Why would they?
They directly Compete with Trx as a brand. Would you expect Trx to sell Arrma stuff?;)
Amain Hobbies sells TRX .
I'm a Police officer of 23 years retired, a veteran and HH gave me the "Defunded" discount of $00.00. Screw HH. :LOL:

Last edited:
I would not recommend the fireteam if you plan on bashing even moderately hard I have one and ended up putting the whole m2c catalog on it over time and exb diffs. The body looks cool but is heavy and doesn't survive crashes. The new Kraton 6s exb seems to have addressed all the major issues that existed before sans the pathetic bearings on the hubs. My go to car is the O8s, I love that truck. It's an absolute animal and extremely durable. Just make sure you have the room to run the big 8s cars you need room for them to be fun. 6s really is the sweet spot you can run them almost anywhere and its great to learn to wrench and drive with.

Well after many winter snow bashing/racing/drifting/sliding sessions in the streets that have turns with round big turn zones at the end, and also doing lots of big parking lots.

I can say that the Sledge feels like smallest thing that is intresting to drive on snow, Fireteam with gyro better but the 1/5 Outcast/Kraton and Xmaxx/XRT is alot more intense more of a rush.

Outdoor non winter so many more smaller RC's are also intresting and the 6s line have alot better performance.
Losi electric 1/5 and 1/6 looks intresting.
Large scale definitely gets over/through the snow much better IMO too. What's different about driving a Sledge in snow vs a Kraton 6s? Weight maybe? Not disagreeing, just curious.
There is a world out there besides HH to buy your Traxxasss stuff. And Trx stuff rarely gets discounted anyway, last I tried.
HH selling Trx stuff makes no sense for them. Why would they?
They directly Compete with Trx as a brand. Would you expect Trx to sell Arrma stuff?;)
Amain Hobbies sells TRX .
I'm a Police officer of 23 years retired, a veteran and HH gave me the "Defunded" discount of $00.00. Screw HH. :LOL:
I'd say that HH selling competitors products goes to show that it truly is all about profits at HH..even at the expense of cutting off their own toe.🤷‍♂️

On my Sledge these tires are on http://www.louiserc.com/products/b-ulldoze
Fireteam stock tires.

The drive feel on snow is different on them, Fireteam with gyro at 35% feels more like a drivers car with better handling while Sledge with TSM 70% feels more crazy like a Sledge used hard.

Have not used Sledge during non winter but Fireteam with gyro off or disabled during summer with handbrake is awesome.

Last edited:
Back