Shout out to @camaroboy383

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Just wanted to give a shout out to @Camaroboy383 for the hookup on these STL files for the Arrma 3S/4S center driveshaft bearing support. I can't seem to buy enough of these things. Now I can print as many as I need. ??

1585366595669.png

Just wanted to give a shout out to @Camaroboy383 for the hookup on these STL files for the Arrma 3S/4S center driveshaft bearing support. I can't seem to buy enough of these things. Now I can print as many as I need. ??

View attachment 71884

Thanks buddy..very much appriciated! ? hope they serve you well my friend..
Effin members here are effin awesome!!! Good shyt @Camaroboy383 ? ? ?

i couldnt agree more! great members on this forum.. all of us collectively is what makes this place great.. i thank you all for the hospitality, info, and welcoming when i arrived, as well as when others arrive.. you guys are all great people.. ?

Last edited:

View attachment 71884

They have proved to be quite strong as well.. I too was sick of buying them, i broke that first one just jumping the heck out of the typhon, the others i broke were from me breaking them working on it...? you know, that one screw always takes so much time to remove to pull the carrier... ????????.. yep there goes another one ... ????

They have proved to be quite strong as well.. I too was sick of buying them, i broke that first one just jumping the heck out of the typhon, the others i broke were from me breaking them working on it...? you know, that one screw always takes so much time to remove to pull the carrier... ????????.. yep there goes another one ... ????
The forum and all Arrma owners, owe you a great debt of gratitude. I don't own a 3D printer, but seeing all the amazing things you design, makes me want to buy one. Also, the fact that you try to build or design your own parts, including that stacked chassis, makes me realize how much money I'm throwing away, instead of trying to build something better. There are many others here on the forum that are very much like you (@Mongoose @Jimbobjr @LibertyMKiii - don't ask me to remember them all), and I want to say thanks to all of them for the little/big money saving tips they have shared, and the idea that we should all try to custom build things instead of just running to the store to buy them all the time. I hope you all stick around for a very long time, cause the forum and all rc enthusiasts, need more people like you leading the way.

Assuming you use Fusion360 to model your parts? How easy is it to learn? I am wanting to step up my game and be able to model more complex parts. So far I been getting by with 3D model references or modifying existing stls to make stuff that suits my purposes but it's cumbersome.

yes i use fusion 360.. for both my cad and cam.. that is really the main reason i learned it.. its nice to have a package like that.. there is so much online and youtube support for it, it was a no brainer for me.. the learning curve can be frustrating at times but well worth it in the end.. ? knowledge is power?

yes i use fusion 360.. for both my cad and cam.. that is really the main reason i learned it.. its nice to have a package like that.. there is so much online and youtube support for it, it was a no brainer for me.. the learning curve can be frustrating at times but well worth it in the end.. ? knowledge is power?
Got any recommended starting points? YouTube channel or specific vids, website, etc. I know there's lots out there just hard to find where to start.

Also you use a cam for scanning models? Specific hardware needed for that or is there good DIY cheaper ways for it? I've seen videos of using a fixed camera of some kind and a lazy susan like rotating platform to take consistent pictures of items and importing those pics to build a 3D model but never explored it because I hadn't learned how to use a CAD/3D modeler yet.

Got any recommended starting points? YouTube channel or specific vids, website, etc. I know there's lots out there just hard to find where to start.

Also you use a cam for scanning models? Specific hardware needed for that or is there good DIY cheaper ways for it? I've seen videos of using a fixed camera of some kind and a lazy susan like rotating platform to take consistent pictures of items and importing those pics to build a 3D model but never explored it because I hadn't learned how to use a CAD/3D modeler yet.

cam is the motion control part of things to generate machine g-code.. its for subtractive only.. so nothing you will use for 3d printing..

i made a scanner out of a xbox kinect but it was dang near useless and made more work than anything.. scanning requires alot of knowledge in the mesh workspace to fix the scans.. its a pain. and much easier to just design the part yourself.. the only good scanners ive seen cost in the 600-2500$ range..

look up lars christensen on youtube.. he works for autodesk, and has more info about fusion posted than anyone ive come across.. there will be times, (i still to this day have them) where an operation or task at hand just stumps you in the modeling enviroment, or you have only done that operation once and just plain forgot.. in those cases type in exactly what it is your looking to do and most likely it will be there to guide you along.. ?

cam is the motion control part of things to generate machine g-code.. its for subtractive only.. so nothing you will use for 3d printing..

i made a scanner out of a xbox kinect but it was dang near useless and made more work than anything.. scanning requires alot of knowledge in the mesh workspace to fix the scans.. its a pain. and much easier to just design the part yourself.. the only good scanners ive seen cost in the 600-2500$ range..

look up lars christensen on youtube.. he works for autodesk, and has more info about fusion posted than anyone ive come across.. there will be times, (i still to this day have them) where an operation or task at hand just stumps you in the modeling enviroment, or you have only done that operation once and just plain forgot.. in those cases type in exactly what it is your looking to do and most likely it will be there to guide you along.. ?
Thanks man I'll start there ?

Too awesome to find stl files for things that need constant repair.

Camaroboy383 you got an edge on me. I do all my 3d modeling in sketchup (I know right?) but its been what I have been comfortable with long before I got into 3d printing.

I used to model anechoic chambers in sketchup and when it came to 3d printing it was just easier for me to stick to what I knew. Then my cnc mill came into the play and that was another thing to learn. Ended up with meshcam because it was just too easy.

I get lazy too easy though so sometimes I sit on modeling something out if I can buy it hehehe.

Great looking files by the way as I downloaded them and viewed them in my slicer.

Shoot, I’m still using TinkerCAD cuz my lame butt can’t seem to figure out F360 to save my life. I was trying to model a simple piece to use as a fiber optic cable spool in F360 for an upcoming project. They sell for $10 each on Amazon and I know the materials are worth $0.50 per unit. I tried for an hour in F360 to make what it, then gave up, went back to TC and made it in 5 mins. Sure complex stuff isn’t possible in TC, but the basic stuff I do is so much easier.

F360 made me feel unworthy hahaha but again it's because I was familiar with sketchup.

I say as long as it works and the model prints there's no worries. I have seen some weird stl files on thingiverse that just seemed to not want to slice right. I thought it was me. Nope, there are some wonky files out there hahaha.

I say as long as it works and the model prints there's no worries. I have seen some weird stl files on thingiverse that just seemed to not want to slice right. I thought it was me. Nope, there are some wonky files out there hahaha.
Yeah there are a bunch of busted STLs out there and when I come across one I want to use I try to fix it if possible in Meshlab before using it. I am like @jondilly1974 and do quick things in Tinkercad and sometimes I want to import a model into Tinkercad to modify or use as a dimension reference but if its got a corrupted mesh it comes out looking like a lawnmower drove over it after it gets imported and drives me nuts lol.

So @fpvmiller let's see.. you have a CNC mill and have some experience in 3D modeling... hmmm maybe you'll be the one to come up with a good way to make the 3-4s plastic chassis stronger with a brace or fitted plate of some kind :LOL: I know @jondilly1974 would be very interested if this were possible in the future lol.

it comes out looking like a lawnmower drove over it

I know this all too well ? it's like "how does this file even exist" hahaha.

maybe you'll be the one to come up with a good way to make the 3-4s plastic chassis stronger with a brace or fitted plate of some kind

Well I have a granite 3s blx though I haven't had the pleasure ;) of seeing it break yet ? I am curious now so I will see what others have reported on the chassis. If they keep making me "work from home" I might as well do something else besides spend my check lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back