Limitless Signal booster install on the FlySky Noble NB4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just discovered that my second IPEX port is not sending a signal, or at least not the same signal. When I connect my booster to the second port, my range is unaffected. When I connect the booster to the first port, I get a >10db gain over the stock antenna. During this test, my FGr4S equipped K6S was across the garage. This wasn’t any long range setup. Signal on the display of the NB4 went from -60 to below -50, usually around -47 to -44. So if you are boosting your NB4, I would highly suggest using the first port and not the second.
I had a sneaking suspicion that the firmware would have to be changed by FlySky to activate the 2nd port.

During my initial testing, i've had the booster on the second, so i was already certain both were functional on mine. But that was before the big firmware upgrade.
So just to be sure I just put my spare receiver in the basement to make sure i had a weak signal. Removing my maple antenna (port 2) decreased the signal strength and turning on the boosting increased it(port 1). So i pretty sure both are functional on mine, even after the firmware update

During my initial testing, i've had the booster on the second, so i was already certain both were functional on mine. But that was before the big firmware upgrade.
So just to be sure I just put my spare receiver in the basement to make sure i had a weak signal. Removing my maple antenna (port 2) decreased the signal strength and turning on the boosting increased it(port 1). So i pretty sure both are functional on mine, even after the firmware update
What’s the chances there is a setting in the radio to enable it?

I have not seen or touched it. I also doubt it would be switchable.
Ipx connectors can break or look like they are fixed properly. I would triple check there
It doesn’t appear to have any damage. I’ve been very careful removing IPEX connectors using a plastic spudger tool. I used to work on iPhones and iPads so I’m used to delicate connectors.

It doesn’t appear to have any damage. I’ve been very careful removing IPEX connectors using a plastic spudger tool. I used to work on iPhones and iPads so I’m used to delicate connectors.
I wouldn't dare to doubt you spudging skills.

Mine is hardware version 1.2, yours too?
Maybe it's all just luxury problems. Most important is that you have a functional port and when you are always using the booster it should not make a difference.

I wouldn't dare to doubt you spudging skills.

Mine is hardware version 1.2, yours too?
Maybe it's all just luxury problems. Most important is that you have a functional port and when you are always using the booster it should not make a difference.
I never took time to nite the HW version. I assume it’s on the screen PCB? Next time I have it apart I will look and take a closeup photo of the IPEX port.

Look at System - About noble
It will state the HW version
image.jpg

Well it for sure helped the range putting mine on output 1. I was able to drive way further before the annoying signal lost warning. Not as far as I would like, but still better than two days ago.

is there a known difference between the ftr10 antenna versions that appear to be black plastic covers with red writing and the red heat shrink versions??
And Or are there recommended replacement antennas, that are better? available anyway?

cheers, N.

Do you mind sharing where you purchased your boosters from? A link would be awesome!!

Also, is there a way to put and SMA connector off of the receiver? If so, there are TONS of circular antenna’s that would work great on a truck! If we could get a longer one sticking up and outside of the body, the range would be awesome. I use these antenna’s on my drones and depending on the power of the receiver, I can fly further than I have ever been able to keep my eye on it…

Very interesting work you guys are doing!! I might have to add a 1.3Ghz camera to my truck and try my hand at FPV - high speed runs! Haha

Also, is there a way to put and SMA connector off of the receiver? If so, there are TONS of circular antenna’s that would work great on a truck! If we could get a longer one sticking up and outside of the body, the range would be awesome. I use these antenna’s on my drones and depending on the power of the receiver, I can fly further than I have ever been able to keep my eye on it…

Very interesting work you guys are doing!! I might have to add a 1.3Ghz camera to my truck and try my hand at FPV - high speed runs! Haha
There are 2 ipex connectors on both radio/ receiver:
Scroll up to see that i've attached SMA connectors to my radio, same can be done to the receivers
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/signal-booster-install-on-the-flysky-noble-nb4.38545/post-529225

I've tried FPV (dgi) speed runs and it's hard. It's great to turn and return the car at the end of a run when you're out of line of sight.
is there a known difference between the ftr10 antenna versions that appear to be black plastic covers with red writing and the red heat shrink versions??
And Or are there recommended replacement antennas, that are better? available anyway?

cheers, N.
I haven't seen the other version. it has 2 ipex connectors and you can fit any antenna you like. Raz just got himself the longest wire antenna's he could find.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I recently bought some 600mm antenna wires so I can extend mine way outside the body. Going to have one out the front and one out the rear. I always seem to lose signal at the start line after I turn it around and line it up. Hoping a forward facing antenna will resolve that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FrSky-Long...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Here are some pics of an FTr10

View attachment 169374View attachment 169375
have you fitted these yet?
any pics :D

are you intending to use straws to extend them outside the Body? I had also been wondering whether/why/why not the round drone antenna wouldn't be a better idea for these anyway? on the assumption that drone antenna generally (all be it surrounded by free air all around, but fly way further ?

Last edited:
have you fitted these yet?
any pics :D
Yes sir. They helped my range so far too. I have only ran the ones on my Mojave, which used to say “signal lost” at the starting line every time I made a pass. After installing the new antennas, it never lost signal once. Also, this may be related or not, but it drove way cleaner too. Way more easy to keep on the road. Could that be a cleaner signal to the car so the servo was more accurate? Not saying it was, but that could be a thing.

Yes sir. They helped my range so far too. I have only ran the ones on my Mojave, which used to say “signal lost” at the starting line every time I made a pass. After installing the new antennas, it never lost signal once. Also, this may be related or not, but it drove way cleaner too. Way more easy to keep on the road. Could that be a cleaner signal to the car so the servo was more accurate? Not saying it was, but that could be a thing.
very cool, really interested to see the ongoing progress , hope it continues :)

Just wanted to update everyone on the 600mm antennas. I actually ran both the Mojave and Infraction using the longer antennas today and at some point, my booster came unplugged and I never ran out of range. I am not sure at what point the plug came out just enough to cut power to my booster, but it didn't seem to need it. I used to run out of range at about 50ft out without the booster before, so these 600mm antennas are a bigger improvement than the booster itself. Absolutely a must do upgrade IMO 🤘🤘

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back