Limitless Signal booster install on the FlySky Noble NB4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With diversity antennas, if they are close to each other, its best the tips are in a different Plane to each other. This is why the tips should be at a 90 degree angle to each other. Even having them both straight up closely with one higher tip than the other can work also. Still being in a different plane to each other. If they sit close together at identical Tip heights, this negates the diversity effect advantage
That’s why I always had one vertical and the other horizontal. Figured it would give me a broader range for antenna polarization. Ever take apart one of those, “diversity” antennas? I wonder what’s inside. Is it just a loaded coil or something? If I can find them in stock I’ll buy an extra just to cut it open.

With diversity antennas, if they are close to each other, its best the tips are in a different Plane to each other. This is why the tips should be at a 90 degree angle to each other. Even having them both straight up closely with one higher tip than the other can work also. Still maintaining a different Plane to each other. If they sit close together at identical Tip heights while vertical, this negates the diversity effect advantage. Signal switching between both antennas will be minimal. You need to rely on the diversity signal switching between both Antennas, to have any net range benefit.
Best Diversity Signal Coverage occurs when the Tips of the antennas are at different Planes to each other, however best you can achieve this. How it is designed.

That’s why I always had one vertical and the other horizontal. Figured it would give me a broader range for antenna polarization. Ever take apart one of those, “diversity” antennas? I wonder what’s inside. Is it just a loaded coil or something? If I can find them in stock I’ll buy an extra just to cut it open.
Antenna diversity as far as direction is only important for vehicles that travel in 3D space. If we are taking about adding range for a speed runner, it should stay in 2D planes only. If your speed runner isn’t staying parallel to your transmitter, it’s too late. For a basher, it’s possible to be in the air flipping and it might help. But unless you’re sending further than Rich and Eric, you probably don’t need more range anyways.

Some manuals specify a 90 degree Ant Tip orientation with diversity antennas.:unsure: Even with Air RC rx's. (2.4Ghz)

I didn't spend much time with wave signal studies in school, but I believe the ground plane does play a big part.

I agree they should point up. I cant imagine many signals coming from below or above. At our 3-6" off the ground plane location of the antennas.

I didn't spend much time with wave signal studies in school, but I believe the ground plane does play a big part.

I agree they should point up. I cant imagine many signals coming from below or above. At our 3-6" off the ground plane location of the antennas.
Yep the fresnel zone always plays a part. Getting yourself up off the ground helps with signal AND visibility too.

The Alloy, CF or Carbon composite chassis of a surface RC rig for instance is a Ground Plane unto itself. FWIW.
Signal switching between 2 antennas in a Diversity array is what makes it work. The best receiving antenna gets the action. In that one millisecond of signal transmission. If the two antennas are in the same alignment, same plane, there is little if any signal switching. Acting basically as one antenna. Keeping the Antennas in different planes allows for better reception, The two antennas can compete more effectively for the Radio's signal and vice versa.
Surface RC signals work much harder than Air RC signals. That is why more range is achieved with Air RC's. They even use different Rx/Tx Signal protocols in many cases.

I haven’t taken one apart so I don’t know. What’s the Tx antenna? Knowing the radiation pattern may help. Is it a 1/4 wave dipole?
The Alloy, CF or Carbon composite chassis of a surface RC rig for instance is a Ground Plane unto itself. FWIW.
Signal switching between 2 antennas in a Diversity array is what makes it work. The best receiving antenna gets the action. In that one millisecond of signal transmission. If the two antennas are in the same alignment, same plane, there is little if any signal switching. Acting basically as one antenna. Keeping the Antennas in different planes allows for better reception, The two antennas can compete more effectively for the Radio's signal and vice versa.
Surface RC signals work much harder than Air RC signals. That is why more range is achieved with Air RC's. They even use different Rx/Tx Signal protocols in many cases.
This seems to be correct. I just looked up those antennas. They are linear polarized so they work both horizontally and vertically. Having them staggered would make the most sense.

Last edited:
I’ve found having one out front helps with a smooth take off and one out back helps on the big end with braking response. To each his own.

I’ve found having one out front helps with a smooth take off and one out back helps on the big end with braking response. To each his own.
You’re good. If they are indeed linear polarized antennas then it should work great. I found a website with a bunch of different lengths so I ordered some. I’m gonna cut one open for science sake. Thanks for the advice. Possibly saved me from having to open the NB4.

You’re good. If they are indeed linear polarized antennas then it should work great. I found a website with a bunch of different lengths so I ordered some. I’m gonna cut one open for science sake. Thanks for the advice. Possibly saved me from having to open the NB4.
Link to the website. Think about the rest of us. :D

I was hoping Lickity split would post it up because he said they had multiple different lengths. I have some longer ones I picked up . In the picture can you tell me what the sleeving is covering on the antennas?
There is shielding for most of the length (gray part) and then heat shrink tubing (unshielded, black part) near the end.

There is shielding for most of the length (gray part) and then heat shrink tubing (unshielded, black part) near the end.
Right what I'm asking is whats inside the heat shrink on the non connector end. I really don't want to put a 1/4 in hole in the body for a wire that is less than a 1/16" in dia.
Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 20-07-48 FrSky LongReceiverAntenna(600mm)(1pc) eBay.png

It's working . I missed it . Sorry and thank you.
No problem. And if nobody has an answer as to what’s inside, you’ll have one when I get mine. Ordered an extra to take apart and see. If this doesn’t work I’m gonna build a 15 element yagi to throw on my ham radio tower. :p If I can talk to Russia on a wire I threw in a tree on 100watts I can figure this out. Lol.

Right what I'm asking is whats inside the heat shrink on the non connector end. I really don't want to put a 1/4 in hole in the body for a wire that is less than a 1/16" in dia.
View attachment 198805
It’s simply a strain relief and can be removed if needed.
No problem. And if nobody has an answer as to what’s inside, you’ll have one when I get mine. Ordered an extra to take apart and see. If this doesn’t work I’m gonna build a 15 element yagi to throw on my ham radio tower. :p If I can talk to Russia on a wire I threw in a tree on 100watts I can figure this out. Lol.
You just need a light weight yagi for your transmitter 🤣🤘🏻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back