Limitless Simple Limitless V2 mount for two 40mm fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Made a simple mount for two 40mm fans for the V2 Limitless. Printed it from TPU. No covers on fans - should be fine on pavement. Used screws at the bottom and zip ties top. Mounted with two screws on chassis using existing holes. PETG and PLA should be fine too.

Link to print files 40mm fan mount

v2fan1.jpg

For size comparison - motor is a TP 4070.

20230302_184646.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-02 190050.png

20230301_211538a.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good! Why TPU? For vibrations?

Tpu Is honestly just superior to brittle plastics.. and yes it will give some vibration absorption.. 👍.. be very hard pressed to break that in tpu.. 😎

"Hey real Joe - you still alive? You look too different from 2018." 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍
His right earlobe then and now, different head form??? Plausible deniabilty starting to crumble with those hearings.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😁

So back to the fan mount.

Looks good! Why TPU? For vibrations?
PLA and PETG are just too brittle for me. If you would some obstacle with the car the fan mount would probably break right away. Have used PLA/PETG for skids etc. They break right away and are very sharp. Actually cut myself on a broken skid. Was a bit like glass fragments. TPU better for vibrations but it needs infill or it would be too flexible. Would not mind if it were stiffer.

Basically you can not tear a single layer of 0,25mm of TPU by hand. Takes a lot of effort to do so. Same material as cell phone covers. So it's perfect to handle crash impact. Easy to print even with bowden if you tighten the screw on the extruder.

PLA / PETG would work probably for this application. Don't by TPU if you don't have any just to print the mount.

Pretty much all printing materials have too low a melting temperature. Fan mounts out of PLA would deform if attached directly to an engine. Greentec only does that at 80 dec Celcius. That would work too if the fan mount would be directly on the motor. But then the engine may get hotter....

And the distance to the motor - most fan mounts allow too little air to escape when to close to the motor. The escape area should be at least the surface area of the fan or the RPM of the motor drops, it heats up more than necessary and draws a higher current. The fan blades on the motor side are just more protected when close to the motor.

There certainly is a market for better printing filaments. Can't even fly my printed planes in summer.

If I have time and the right frame of mind I might make a mount where you just push down the two fans into the mount from the top.With grids on both sides and a latch from the top to secure the fans. Could be used for dirt bashers. And would be easy to replace broken blade fans. Need to have a closer look at Kraton and Mojave. A fan like that with a passive aluminium would be a good combination. Some of these fan mounts out there are just ridiculously expensive. Perhaps for two 30mm fans. Have not really looked into it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back