Granite Single dad who wants to build a car/truck with his daughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not sure if I can make this post but I’m gonna try anyway. I’m Aaron and I have an amazing little girl who I have full custody of Elizabeth. She has taken to the one hobby I have. It is so amazing sharing it with her. Unfortunately, when I got full custody of her, I had no choice but to sell my RC stuff. Luckily, I was able to hold on to a granite. She absolutely loves that monster truck. Sorry for all the babbling I’ll get to the point.

I’m so excited that she loves rc like me. I would love to be able to build her her first car together. I know she is young, but she is very smart and can handle a transmitter better than 10-year-old kids I’ve seen. So I guess what I’m asking is if anyone has any old parts or things that they no longer need or use and are willing to sell them at a decent price I would love to try and purchase them if I can. This forum has been so amazing. The people here are absolutely incredible and have helped me so much just by reading what everyone writes. So again, if anyone has any old parts that they might not need and are willing to sell at a decent price, please let me know. I plan on trying to save up if I can and get her a grom or Gorgon for Christmas. But I think it would be so cool if me and her were to build her first car together.

P.s. Please don’t think I’m asking for handouts because I’m not. I’m more than willing to pay for whatever I can afford to get her. I just see how great of a community this is and thought I’d ask.

Here’s a picture of her with my last car. My granite but her “MonserFruck”

View attachment 329912

View attachment 329913

View attachment 329914
Last year

I purchased a Vortex from a user here and dumbed it down for my 3yr granddaughter. Stay with it (y)

I have two daughters adults now.
All 3 grandbabies are girls, with the one with the Vortex age 4 now.

Just no boys in my future...hey I LOVE my girls

Last year

I purchased a Vortex from a user here and dumbed it down for my 3yr granddaughter. Stay with it (y)

I have two daughters adults now.
All 3 grandbabies are girls, with the one with the Vortex age 4 now.

Just no boys in my future...hey I LOVE my girls
Lol I completely understand it’s a girls world. Thank you for the kind words I really appreciate that! I just love spending time with my little girl! I’m so excited that she enjoys the one hobby that I have. Maybe you’ll have a little boy in your future, but if not, it’s OK. Nothing better than those cute little girls who need our help all the time. I hope you and your family have a great week!! Thank you for the encouragement
That's awesome..I'm going to get my extras to my Big Rock v3 that I mentioned above ,and put them in a box wrap it up in Christmas paper so he can give it to his daughter.😁 @adubbs87 I'll pm you for your address .then I'll go to the post office and see how much the shipping will cost..I doubt it will even be much .i might just cover shipping for ya ok..👍 like I said before and ill mention again .you must start a build thread on here that's the deal.we all want to see what I call the big 3 B's. BUILD , BOND, AND BASH 😁👍 .on your build thread plz take a lot of photos during the entire step of the way..we want to see you guys smiling through this father and daughter build project..we all here to help a fellow Arrma member.i got a few Arrma stickers also I'll throw in so you can slap them on your build.🤟😁👍 We got you brotha 🤜🤛

I am so excited to do this with her! But first of all, I just wanna say thank you to each, and everyone of you for all of your help and kind words! Believe it or not when I made that post I was having a real tough time. This transition into being a single dad has not been easy. It seems like the world is against me, 1 step forward 5 steps back type deal. But I would do anything for my little girl. She is my world!! Putting a smile on her face is the greatest joy I have. I’m just so grateful that I met so many awesome people. Even if I wasn’t able to build her a car, I would be so incredibly grateful just for all the kind words from each and every one of you! I really needed them. I know it sounds probably kind of sad and pathetic but I’m grateful just so incredibly GRATEFUL for each and everyone one of you!!!!!!!!!!! I would put all your names down here, but I’m not sure how to do that in a post yet lol so I hope you all get to see that
You guys rock 🤘

Love seeing folks come together for a cause.
Wish I had anything to throw in but I have literally 0% spares for my truck. Havnt broken anything yet. I'll try harder! 😂
Thanks brother please don’t break anything. Keep having fun man that’s what this is about! And yeah, they do rock everyone here is amazing. I never thought I’d meet so many awesome people.

Last edited:
That's awesome..I'm going to get my extras to my Big Rock v3 that I mentioned above ,and put them in a box wrap it up in Christmas paper so he can give it to his daughter.😁 @adubbs87 I'll pm you for your address .then I'll go to the post office and see how much the shipping will cost..I doubt it will even be much .i might just cover shipping for ya ok..👍 like I said before and ill mention again .you must start a build thread on here that's the deal.we all want to see what I call the big 3 B's. BUILD , BOND, AND BASH 😁👍 .on your build thread plz take a lot of photos during the entire step of the way..we want to see you guys smiling through this father and daughter build project..we all here to help a fellow Arrma member.i got a few Arrma stickers also I'll throw in so you can slap them on your build.🤟😁👍 We got you brotha 🤜🤛
She loves opening presents!! Lol I got her some bubbles the other day and wrapped them and she loved it. You will see. She is going to be so excited! The best part is she has no idea. This is gonna be such an amazing memory for both her and me!!

Here at Arrma forum we are all here to support each other .It can be as simple as giving helpful advice to what ever ,and in this case to help a fellow member get back into the hobbie and build a speacial bond between a father and a daughter 😁.

Here at Arrma forum we are all here to support each other .It can be as simple as giving helpful advice to what ever ,and in this case to help a fellow member get back into the hobbie and build a speacial bond between a father and a daughter 😁.
That is exactly what this is doing. But I do have to stay on top of it. This has lifted my spirits so much. You guys just all being here for me and talking to me and everything. Has definitely turned a lot of the days that I’ve been bad into positive. Like I shared doing this alone is the hardest thing I’ve ever done, and I am just so grateful for all the amazing people in my life.

That is exactly what this is doing. But I do have to stay on top of it. This has lifted my spirits so much. You guys just all being here for me and talking to me and everything. Has definitely turned a lot of the days that I’ve been bad into positive. Like I shared doing this alone is the hardest thing I’ve ever done, and I am just so grateful for all the amazing people in my life.
Stay positive 👍 All's you need is your daughter and that's all's you need to be happy..forget about worrying.take day by day and when you feel like things ain't going right ,just hold your daughter tight and everything will be alright 😁👍 .life is to short to let stress run your life..just remember ,someone else out there has it worse.
I'll have those parts boxed up for ya this weekend and ship them Monday..I'll pm you for your address.. hopefully you don't live across the world 🤣🤣

Stay positive 👍 All's you need is your daughter and that's all's you need to be happy..forget about worrying.take day by day and when you feel like things ain't going right ,just hold your daughter tight and everything will be alright 😁👍 .life is to short to let stress run your life..just remember ,someone else out there has it worse.
I'll have those parts boxed up for ya this weekend and ship them Monday..I'll pm you for your address.. hopefully you don't live across the world 🤣🤣
Lol I hope china isn’t too far hahah. Jk I’m on the east coast in New Jersey. Right over the bridge from Philly. Thank you and I can’t wait to document the process (thank you for the suggestion to do it)1. I made the mistake of not taking a lot of pictures when she was born because the ex took them. So I won’t do that again and I am so excited to share with all of you our awesome bonding time and build.. I’m gonna start thinking of names for her truck. I am so excited I can’t deny it I’m about to lose control and I think I like it… (haha wow that song was old when I was young hahah) thank you everyone
Most importantly, are you guys better stop being so damn nice to me. Making me soft lol. But I guess that’s a good thing. I need to be that for my little girl! 😂🥲 🤣 I hope everyone has a great day!!! Mine started at about 4 AM (3.5 hrs ago) when Elizabeth woke me up, headbutting me right on the nose lol

Last edited:
Lol I hope china isn’t too far hahah. Jk I’m on the east coast in New Jersey. Right over the bridge from Philly. Thank you and I can’t wait to document the process (thank you for the suggestion to do it)1. I made the mistake of not taking a lot of pictures when she was born because the ex took them. So I won’t do that again and I am so excited to share with all of you our awesome bonding time and build.. I’m gonna start thinking of names for her truck. I am so excited I can’t deny it I’m about to lose control and I think I like it… (haha wow that song was old when I was young hahah) thank you everyone
China lol..I ordered a led light control switch from china and it's been 6 fkin weeks and I'm still waiting with no tracking.🤷it's putting my build on hold .your build thread will need a lot of pics 👍and then a video to let us see it run .😁

...I hope everyone has a great day!!! Mine started at about 4 AM (3.5 hrs ago) when Elizabeth woke me up, headbutting me right on the nose lol

That's better than a foot kick to the face..
Or an elbow strike in the ear..

This time you spend will reap rewards going forward. My 9 year old grandson started with me around 3. To this day remembers lefty loosy righty tighty! He is onto now a 6s Typhon racing on 4s. Hangs pretty well with the big boys. Our time togther is priceless. Enjoy your build, and I agree what a great forum and the participants are awesome.

This time you spend will reap rewards going forward. My 9 year old grandson started with me around 3. To this day remembers lefty loosy righty tighty! He is onto now a 6s Typhon racing on 4s. Hangs pretty well with the big boys. Our time togther is priceless. Enjoy your build, and I agree what a great forum and the participants are awesome.
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I really appreciate it. I’m so excited to do this with her. I think it’s going to do just as much for me if not more than even for her. I’m really looking at it as like a way of healing and bonding together.
That's better than a foot kick to the face..
Or an elbow strike in the ear..
Hey brother, I’ll take them every single day of the week. If that means my little girl is next to me. But you are right lol she’s tough and it’s funny because in my younger years I was always a fan of a good headbutt to the chin and boy or boy does she take after her daddy lol. On top of that she is just as rock headed as me hahaha
China lol..I ordered a led light control switch from china and it's been 6 fkin weeks and I'm still waiting with no tracking.🤷it's putting my build on hold .your build thread will need a lot of pics 👍and then a video to let us see it run .😁
Oh my God I can’t wait. I’m gonna take so many pictures. I really think the more I think about it. It’s going to be very therapeutic for both of us in a way. And thank God. I’m not from China lol. I hope the East Coast isn’t too far, oh my God I literally have a light switch control. I’m not even kidding I just saw this comment and I was like going through my little Toolbox and I have one of them.

Going through some stuff last night as I mentioned in your private message.when I started my Big papa Long Rock stretch I replaced a lot of it with aluminum parts.so I have extras of v3 Big Rock that I'll never use ..your more than welcome to have it all .just pay shipping
Front bulk head
Rear bulk head
Front shocks
Rear shocks
Front A arms
Rear A arms
Front tei rods
Rear tei rods
Center drive shaft.
And original like new Big Rock rims and tires.🤔 I believe I have more..I suggest you go to Jenny's and get a chassis..they cheap.you pretty much will have a roller with all that .you would need electronics and lipo.
Oh I also have
Front bumper
Rear bumper 👍 one condition..after you receive what you need to do this build with your daughter,I want you to start a build thread on this and we all want to see her driving it when it's done..😁👍
Chassis ordered so glad my neighbor needed a little work done and I made a couple bucks. I know $14 is nothing but for me everything is so tight still catching up on bills the ex lied about paying. But that doesn’t matter it’s all good! As for the electronics, I think I’m gonna have to wait until like black Friday and hope they have a great deal! I’m just so grateful and I’ve never felt so much kindness or generosity from anyone like I have all of you guys!! Figured I’d share a pic of my baby girl this morning with that awesome bed head!! Lol she’s in love with minions and I’ve watched despicable me and minion movies non stop for the last 2 months lol. But this is the amazig little girl all of your generosity is going to put the biggest smile on her face! You guys all fkin rock!!!

IMG_8313.png

IMG_8309.jpeg

All you need is a brushed motor, battery and charger. I just realized I have slt3 spectrum remote for you. I'm going through old bearings to see if I can fill the empty wheel carriers.

All you need is a brushed motor, battery and charger. I just realized I have slt3 spectrum remote for you. I'm going through old bearings to see if I can fill the empty wheel carriers.
Wow thanks you freakin rock!
I have a charger thankfully I found one today when I was cleaning up my garage and finding Allen keys I needed. I even sold my MIP wrenches when I sold everything. But all good I got Allen keys and it won’t be the first time I’ve taken a car apart or put one together with just Allen keys lol. I remember taking apart my first stampede every single screw with Allen keys just so I could learn all of its parts. Wow that was a long time ago haha to be that young again lol

Last edited:

Hey brother, I’ll take them every single day of the week. If that means my little girl is next to me. But you are right lol she’s tough and it’s funny because in my younger years I was always a fan of a good headbutt to the chin and boy or boy does she take after her daddy lol. On top of that she is just as rock headed as me hahaha

I got beat up by my girls one after another...
They would practice their kung fu on my head when they were little babies during their nappy naps and sleep times...

I'm surprised my face is still intact.

I got beat up by my girls one after another...
They would practice their kung fu on my head when they were little babies during their nappy naps and sleep times...

I'm surprised my face is still intact.
Hahahah sounds about right .. unbelievable how hard such a little girl can hit hahah

Wow thanks you freakin rock!

I have a charger thankfully I found one today when I was cleaning up my garage and finding Allen keys I needed. I even sold my MIP wrenches when I sold everything. But all good I got Allen keys and it won’t be the first time I’ve taken a car apart or put one together with just Allen keys lol. I remember taking apart my first stampede every single screw with Allen keys just so I could learn all of its parts. Wow that was a long time ago haha to be that young again lol
20 $ brushed motor and lipo or 6 or 7 cell round led weights and your on the road.

It's like this..
Kung Fu Fighting GIF

Right in the jaw.
Baby Fighting GIF
Can I tell you that I’m literally crying from laughing right now! Believe it or not it’s probably hard to tell but my daughter is a quarter Korean and a quarter Puerto Rican lol her mom was Korean and Puerto Rican. It makes me laugh so hard because I make jokes all the time like you know karate already coming out of the womb lol, I know it sounds a little racist but she’s my daughter are all my God I’m crying so hard from laughing!!!! That’s a good way to start Saturday morning. Thanks brother.
20 $ brushed motor and lipo or 6 or 7 cell round led weights and your on the road.
Yes sir! This is awesome. I can’t believe this is actually going to happen. The best part is she has no idea so it’s going to be so much fun. I’m just smiles ear to ear this morning

Can I tell you that I’m literally crying from laughing right now! Believe it or not it’s probably hard to tell but my daughter is a quarter Korean and a quarter Puerto Rican lol her mom was Korean and Puerto Rican. It makes me laugh so hard because I make jokes all the time like you know karate already coming out of the womb lol, I know it sounds a little racist but she’s my daughter are all my God I’m crying so hard from laughing!!!! That’s a good way to start Saturday morning. Thanks brother.

Yes sir! This is awesome. I can’t believe this is actually going to happen. The best part is she has no idea so it’s going to be so much fun. I’m just smiles ear to ear this morning

They look cute and all..
K-Pop Korean GIF

ice cream love GIF

but they can also mess you up.
Martial Arts Fighting GIF by Shaw Brothers

Martial Arts Fighting GIF by Shaw Brothers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back