Granite Single dad who wants to build a car/truck with his daughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adubbs87

ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I’m not sure if I can make this post but I’m gonna try anyway. I’m Aaron and I have an amazing little girl who I have full custody of Elizabeth. She has taken to the one hobby I have. It is so amazing sharing it with her. Unfortunately, when I got full custody of her, I had no choice but to sell my RC stuff. Luckily, I was able to hold on to a granite. She absolutely loves that monster truck. Sorry for all the babbling I’ll get to the point.

I’m so excited that she loves rc like me. I would love to be able to build her her first car together. I know she is young, but she is very smart and can handle a transmitter better than 10-year-old kids I’ve seen. So I guess what I’m asking is if anyone has any old parts or things that they no longer need or use and are willing to sell them at a decent price I would love to try and purchase them if I can. This forum has been so amazing. The people here are absolutely incredible and have helped me so much just by reading what everyone writes. So again, if anyone has any old parts that they might not need and are willing to sell at a decent price, please let me know. I plan on trying to save up if I can and get her a grom or Gorgon for Christmas. But I think it would be so cool if me and her were to build her first car together.

P.s. Please don’t think I’m asking for handouts because I’m not. I’m more than willing to pay for whatever I can afford to get her. I just see how great of a community this is and thought I’d ask.

Here’s a picture of her with my last car. My granite but her “MonserFruck”

IMG_8205.jpeg

IMG_8208.jpeg

IMG_8070.jpeg

Good for you my man, stay the course and keep being a good girl Dad! I have 3 daughters of my own and they all have rc cars, Iit really is a great hobby! We upgraded to all 6s from the Mega and 3s cars, and I gave away or sold most of that stuff, but if I have any left, you can have it...

Good for you my man, stay the course and keep being a good girl Dad! I have 3 daughters of my own and they all have rc cars, Iit really is a great hobby! We upgraded to all 6s from the Mega and 3s cars, and I gave away or sold most of that stuff, but if I have any left, you can have it...
That’s so awesome that your daughters are into it with you! I really hope that mine will stay into it with me just like that! That’s so awesome to hear of a great story like that! Thanks for the offer. I really appreciate that. I hope you and your family have an amazing day and a great weekend.

So does it have to be a 1/10 Granite?
Could it be of a smaller scale..
That's Not an Arrma?

Like a 1/18 buggy?

Oh my gosh I didn’t know I was posting in a certain topic lol. I think I posted that because that’s the one truck I have left. It’s just too fast for her at this time.
Sorry for what got you to this point! That is great your daughter and you can enjoy this hobby. I have some granite arms and other stuff. Have to see what I don't need for free. Give me a few days to look.
DAD OF THE YEAR AWARD🥇🏆🎊🎉
Wow thank you. I just want to put a huge smile on her face like she does for me everyday!
👍the dog looks jealous, love the shag, and that couch is awesome.
Lol thanks that pic was today at my moms house. We have to bring “monserfruck” everywhere lol
Awesome!! Way to spend quality time with little one. 😎
Thx!! I’m just so excited that she loves my one hobby! So much fun watching her eyes light up
I had both of my girls into the hobby early, and at 23 and 27, they both still build and run trucks. Keep it up. Good bonding timet

That’s awesome!! I love hearing that! I can only hope she stays in love with rc!! Great job dad getting them into it!

Last edited:
I sent you a msg thanks for the offer that’s very generous and kind

You have physical custody of your little girl there. That is a feat by itself. Congrats.... God bless you.
I couldn't get my 11 yo boy at the time of my Divorce. I am retired and would have been real easy for me to raise him.
All the $$ in legal fees I was throwing in was not going to change her from getting physical custody of him. Here in NYS at least. Courts favor the mom 99% of the time. And she was even arrested for child abuse, violating a protection CT order I got on my sons behalf. She would not get counseling. Judge would not even force her to do so at the DA's and my Request. Go figure. She was back in the home. So I filed for divorce. She has to too much baggage and is Toxic. Her own family supported me. Told me to divorce her years ago.

Little ones absorb and gain knowldege so fast, like a sponge. My son was 5 yo and got the hang of RCing/ driving real quick. Now at 13 yo he is running his own 6s Infr and Notorious.
Enjoy.:cool:

I’m not sure if I can make this post but I’m gonna try anyway. I’m Aaron and I have an amazing little girl who I have full custody of Elizabeth. She has taken to the one hobby I have. It is so amazing sharing it with her. Unfortunately, when I got full custody of her, I had no choice but to sell my RC stuff. Luckily, I was able to hold on to a granite. She absolutely loves that monster truck. Sorry for all the babbling I’ll get to the point.

I’m so excited that she loves rc like me. I would love to be able to build her her first car together. I know she is young, but she is very smart and can handle a transmitter better than 10-year-old kids I’ve seen. So I guess what I’m asking is if anyone has any old parts or things that they no longer need or use and are willing to sell them at a decent price I would love to try and purchase them if I can. This forum has been so amazing. The people here are absolutely incredible and have helped me so much just by reading what everyone writes. So again, if anyone has any old parts that they might not need and are willing to sell at a decent price, please let me know. I plan on trying to save up if I can and get her a grom or Gorgon for Christmas. But I think it would be so cool if me and her were to build her first car together.

P.s. Please don’t think I’m asking for handouts because I’m not. I’m more than willing to pay for whatever I can afford to get her. I just see how great of a community this is and thought I’d ask.

View attachment 329912

View attachment 329913

View attachment 329914
That's awesome ..always a great thing to bond with our kids . building a Rc truck or car ,boat or whatever .I wish you the best of luck with your daughter and i hope you and have a great experience building together.if I come across anything in my collection of parts that might help you .just pay for shipping and its yours.ill check tonight when i get home from work👍

That's awesome ..always a great thing to bond with our kids . building a Rc truck or car ,boat or whatever .I wish you the best of luck with your daughter and i hope you and have a great experience building together.if I come across anything in my collection of parts that might help you .just pay for shipping and its yours.ill check tonight when i get home from work👍

Thank you I appreciate that. I have recently discovered that I would love to try and get an RC boat after I get everything else back in order in my house. But I am just so grateful that my little girl has fallen in love with the hobby I have. It’s just so much fun to share some thing that you’re passionate about with your little one. Every day I get to spend with her and every little thing we do together I try to just hold in like a sponge. Like I just want to remember all these great moments I’m having with her. Putting a smile on her face is what I live for today.
You have physical custody of your little girl there. That is a feat by itself. Congrats.... God bless you.
I couldn't get my 11 yo boy at the time of my Divorce. I am retired and would have been real easy for me to raise him.
All the $$ in legal fees I was throwing in was not going to change her from getting physical custody of him. Here in NYS at least. Courts favor the mom 99% of the time. And she was even arrested for child abuse, violating a protection CT order I got on my sons behalf. She would not get counseling. Judge would not even force her to do so at the DA's and my Request. Go figure. She was back in the home. So I filed for divorce. She has to too much baggage and is Toxic. Her own family supported me. Told me to divorce her years ago.

Little ones absorb and gain knowldege so fast, like a sponge. My son was 5 yo and got the hang of RCing/ driving real quick. Now at 13 yo he is running his own 6s Infr and Notorious.
Enjoy.:cool:
That’s an absolute shame. I sent you a message. But says men are always fighting an uphill battle. The crazy thing is, and I shared this with you in my message that the state of New Jersey says that sometimes the courts may even be willing to consider to give custody to the father. That right there is absolutely insane to me because we are already at a deficit.

I’m Sure that your boy knows how great of a dad, you are! Because I can tell you are just by what you wrote.

View attachment 329912

View attachment 329913

View attachment 329914
Going through some stuff last night as I mentioned in your private message.when I started my Big papa Long Rock stretch I replaced a lot of it with aluminum parts.so I have extras of v3 Big Rock that I'll never use ..your more than welcome to have it all .just pay shipping
Front bulk head
Rear bulk head
Front shocks
Rear shocks
Front A arms
Rear A arms
Front tei rods
Rear tei rods
Center drive shaft.
And original like new Big Rock rims and tires.🤔 I believe I have more..I suggest you go to Jenny's and get a chassis..they cheap.you pretty much will have a roller with all that .you would need electronics and lipo.
Oh I also have
Front bumper
Rear bumper 👍 one condition..after you receive what you need to do this build with your daughter,I want you to start a build thread on this and we all want to see her driving it when it's done..😁👍

Last edited:
Going through some stuff last night as I mentioned in your private message.when I started my Big papa Long Rock stretch I replaced a lot of it with aluminum parts.so I have extras of v3 Big Rock that I'll never use ..your more than welcome to have it all .just pay shipping
Front bulk head
Rear bulk head
Front shocks
Rear shocks
Front A arms
Rear A arms
Front tei rods
Rear tei rods
Center drive shaft.
And original like new Big Rock rims and tires.🤔 I believe I have more..I suggest you go to Jenny's and get a chassis..they cheap.you pretty much will have a roller with all that .you would need electronics and lipo.
Oh I also have
Front bumper
Rear bumper 👍 one condition..after you receive what you need to do this build with your daughter,I want you to start a build thread on this and we all want to see her driving it when it's done..😁👍
Listen, I promise you one thing I will absolutely make a threat of me, building it with her! Unfortunately, I made the mistake of letting her mother take most of the pictures since she was born. So I won’t let that mistake happen again. I would love to document it, and bring you guys along for the ride! That would make it so much more fun for me. Being that it’s just me and her I don’t get as much adult interaction as I would like lol. And honestly, I can’t believe the people that I’ve met here so far have literally brought tears to my eyes. Everyone with your kind words and thoughts. I would be more than happy to document the process and make sure you guys see her driving that thing. The first chance she gets! I would love that.
Listen, I promise you one thing I will absolutely make a threat of me, building it with her! Unfortunately, I made the mistake of letting her mother take most of the pictures since she was born. So I won’t let that mistake happen again. I would love to document it, and bring you guys along for the ride! That would make it so much more fun for me. Being that it’s just me and her I don’t get as much adult interaction as I would like lol. And honestly, I can’t believe the people that I’ve met here so far have literally brought tears to my eyes. Everyone with your kind words and thoughts. I would be more than happy to document the process and make sure you guys see her driving that thing. The first chance she gets! I would love that.
I did not mean threat LMAO I meant document LMAO stupid auto correct with voice to text

So does it have to be a 1/10 Granite?
Could it be of a smaller scale..
That's Not an Arrma?

Like a 1/18 buggy?
It can be anything. I’ll put together a car out of whatever I can make for her. She is my world and making her smile is what makes me happy. Sorry for the late response. I thought I did respond last week. And thank you for all your advice. You’ve been so helpful.

Front bulk head
Rear bulk head
Front shocks
Rear shocks
Front A arms
Rear A arms
Front tei rods
Rear tei rods
Center drive shaft.
Oh I also have
Front bumper
Almost complete.
16994779444968301178355737299873.jpg

That's awesome..I'm going to get my extras to my Big Rock v3 that I mentioned above ,and put them in a box wrap it up in Christmas paper so he can give it to his daughter.😁 @adubbs87 I'll pm you for your address .then I'll go to the post office and see how much the shipping will cost..I doubt it will even be much .i might just cover shipping for ya ok..👍 like I said before and ill mention again .you must start a build thread on here that's the deal.we all want to see what I call the big 3 B's. BUILD , BOND, AND BASH 😁👍 .on your build thread plz take a lot of photos during the entire step of the way..we want to see you guys smiling through this father and daughter build project..we all here to help a fellow Arrma member.i got a few Arrma stickers also I'll throw in so you can slap them on your build.🤟😁👍 We got you brotha 🤜🤛

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back