Mojave Skid plate upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnowAir

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
Hi All,. Is there any companies making skid plates for the Mojave?
I haven't seen much online. Seems like a weak point on these? After only a week of use, the rear skid plate on my MEXB was hanging on by the 3 rear screws.. which are really only held in place by 2,2mm screws thru the rear pivot plate?
Well that's not gonna cut it..
Made my own plate..clearly I'm no machinist as I can't even drill straight holes😂..
Been through a half dozen packs and holding up great tho👍

20210916_180713.jpg

Looks dope to me. I'd buy some!
Planning on doing something similar for the front..
I used 1/8 6061 plate and cut with a sawzall(redneck style). I only made it because I didn't find anything for sale that was worth buying.
This was a pic from before I bashed it. Looks much more appropriate now. I'll take a pic when I get a chance.
I hacked the rear block off since I didn't feel it did anything useful.

20210916_180653.jpg

20210916_180813.jpg

I don't understand how your wore through the skid plate so fast? My chassis is WAY more scratched up than yours, and I did break one rear bumper, but that was never an impending failure spot on mine...

Not sure either. There was a visit to a shale pit once..that was ugly😆 a rock got wedged under the rear diff input shaft and lets just say thats gonna be a project when I try to remove the coupler.
Idk, but I have a little track at my house, it's pretty much clay,rock,trees..I hit all of them!!

I think I just hit that ONE rock the wrong way? IDK, my stock skid plate was still there,but not by much. I'm sure they(arrma) could come up with something better than that?
What is the deal with the bump out on the bottom of the stock plate anyway? The chassis is flat?
Is that the Tbone skid you have? Looks like it's getting ready to eject at the front?

Hi All,. Is there any companies making skid plates for the Mojave?
I haven't seen much online. Seems like a weak point on these? After only a week of use, the rear skid plate on my MEXB was hanging on by the 3 rear screws.. which are really only held in place by 2,2mm screws thru the rear pivot plate?
Well that's not gonna cut it..
Made my own plate..clearly I'm no machinist as I can't even drill straight holes😂..
Been through a half dozen packs and holding up great tho👍

View attachment 171621
The only company that I know of that makes alum skid plate is this one:

M2C

But you have already made yours and it does look good...

I like your skid plate.
For reference, here is wear on my chassis like 4 months ago. Even more scratched up now.
View attachment 171836
Are those backflip LP tires you're using?
The only company that I know of that makes alum skid plate is this one:

M2C

But you have already made yours and it does look good...
Thanks. Haven't gotten to doing the front yet. Front plate doesn't get nearly as much wear as the rear tho.

GPM makes a skid plate, I just put them on my Mojave along with a Skin from Arrma skinz
I like them

Attachments

• 11AC0CE2-A937-415D-8AF4-A834600D99F9.jpeg
    11AC0CE2-A937-415D-8AF4-A834600D99F9.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 103
  • ADC88921-B156-46B4-8AE9-C6942FD8CF1C.jpeg
    ADC88921-B156-46B4-8AE9-C6942FD8CF1C.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
@KnowAir , yeah, use a mix of backflip LP and Proline badlands 3. The backflip is badass on a Mojave. So are the Prolines.

View attachment 174767

View attachment 174768
I do have a brand new set still in the bags. Was waiting till either the tires fail or the body before I start hacking to fit them..
So far the tires and body are holding up well, body mounts not so much. Sometimes it's hard to land shiny side up with the mojave🤣

GPM makes a skid plate, I just put them on my Mojave along with a Skin from Arrma skinz
I like them
I had that GPM skid plates on my mind before buying my Mojave. I´m thinking to put a skin (here in GER I just found ones from JS-Parts) and skids before I go on rough terrain because of the impressive power of the Mojave. I rode my Kraton 8S one time in gravel and it was like sandblasting :(... Do you just screw that GPM Skids on, or do you need to cut the bumper from the original ones?

Thanks!

I had that GPM skid plates on my mind before buying my Mojave. I´m thinking to put a skin (here in GER I just found ones from JS-Parts) and skids before I go on rough terrain because of the impressive power of the Mojave. I rode my Kraton 8S one time in gravel and it was like sandblasting :(... Do you just screw that GPM Skids on, or do you need to cut the bumper from the original ones?

Thanks!
Looks like they expect you to remove them based on the pictures on their website? Not sure I like the idea. The bumpers tie directly to the skids if my memory is correct?

Screenshot_20220419-080102_Samsung Internet.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back