Slipper clutch screw keeps backing out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lcarter

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
My 3s granite has a fairly new slipper clutch rebuild and the screw keeps backing out and I have to keep retightening it every other time I take it for a spin. I have tightened it all the way down then backed of 1/2 a turn. Still keeps backing its self out. Any advice?

The 3 little rings have to be installed in the correct order the middle one has tiny balls attached to it its bassicly a 3 piece bearing. And of course you need to locktite it in place if blue does do the job trow the red but be carful when you what to take the screw out again might take a while

In my rebuilding kit it had a small threaded black piece. Where does it go cause the factory one didn’t have it anywhere? And no I didn’t locktite it yet.

In my rebuilding kit it had a small threaded black piece. Where does it go cause the factory one didn’t have it anywhere? And no I didn’t locktite it yet.

The back slipper plate is threaded now so that black nut is no longer needed. The black nut was used on the old slipper plate design. If you didn't have it in there to begin with when you took it apart you don't need to use it. If you have any oil or grease on the pads clean them off also.

You should put locttite on the threads before you start to put the screw into the rear slipper plate. Then when assembled put a drop of loctite on the exposed threads poking out of the rear plate then let it set for a day to cure. If done right you can make adjustments without it coming loose.

I was gonna start a thread on this, but you beat me to it. Mine came loose yesterday, and i realized I forgot loctite when I put it back together. Was having too much fun pulling wheelies with my Senton after putting Granite tires/wheels on, when it started making that high pitched slipper noise and not moving. Blue loctite fixed it.

The 3 little rings have to be installed in the correct order the middle one has tiny balls attached to it its bassicly a 3 piece bearing. And of course you need to locktite it in place if blue does do the job trow the red but be carful when you what to take the screw out again might take a while
This is what I been trying to find i bought a new slipper clutch from off Amazon and it came fully assembled but it has no bolt on the side of it like the one in my arrma 3s blx slipper so if it didn't come with one ? Do I need to add one cause it keeps coming out even when adding locktite?

This is what I been trying to find i bought a new slipper clutch from off Amazon and it came fully assembled but it has no bolt on the side of it like the one in my arrma 3s blx slipper so if it didn't come with one ? Do I need to add one cause it keeps coming out even when adding locktite?
Pictures? Blue locktite doesn't work u need red
if you have a v2 you will need to put a v3 sun gear input shaft to allow the palstic nut to fit from the v3 clutch

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back