Typhon Slow Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullspectrum

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Talion
  9. Typhon 6s
Hi guys I’m recently back in RC after a long long hiatus(pre lipo days) and I bought a new Traxxas Slash 3s Vxl and a new Arrma Typhon 6s v3.
So I ran my slash first on 3s 5000mah battery 50c. I clocked it at 47mph stock out of the box with gps. Next I ran my Typhon on 6s 5000mah 50c battery and it only does 40mph out of the box?
Is this normal for a V3 6s Typhon to do 40mph stock? Both cars are new as are batteries. I thought the Typhon would do at least 50mph. Any help is appreciated.

You should be seeing 52-55mph with the 14t pinion that comes in it.

Hi guys I’m recently back in RC after a long long hiatus(pre lipo days) and I bought a new Traxxas Slash 3s Vxl and a new Arrma Typhon 6s v3.
So I ran my slash first on 3s 5000mah battery 50c. I clocked it at 47mph stock out of the box with gps. Next I ran my Typhon on 6s 5000mah 50c battery and it only does 40mph out of the box?
Is this normal for a V3 6s Typhon to do 40mph stock? Both cars are new as are batteries. I thought the Typhon would do at least 50mph. Any help is appreciated.
Well that is strange running 6S. Did you instsll the optional pinion gear?

You should be seeing 52-55mph with the 14t pinion that comes in it.
That’s what I figured. Brand new 6s battery 5000mah 50c fully charged. This is my first Arrma. It seemed slowed than my Slash so I clocked both. 47mph Slash and 40mph Typhon. I did try and program the esc to get more punch before I ran it. Is there a lower power option on the esc that I may have accidentally set?
Well that is strange running 6S. Did you instsll the optional pinion gear?
No it’s bone stock out of the box. I monkeyed with the esc settings before running it. I shouldn’t have I guess but I don’t see anything in the setting that could make it slower.

When you put it in reverse does it go super fast. Might be the radio reverse switch or the motor wires switched if it is faster in reverse. Reverse should be slower than forward if it is the other way around the radio or motor needs to be switched.

When you put it in reverse does it go super fast. Might be the radio reverse switch or the motor wires switched if it is faster in reverse. Reverse should be slower than forward if it is the other way around the radio or motor needs to be switched.
When I first ran it the switch on the radio was on reverse so right out of the box and it went reverse when I pulled the trigger. So I put the switch on “N” I guess that means normal? The other setting is “R” which I guess is reverse. Which wires on the motor would I switch? I wonder if I changed something in the esc settings?

That’s what I figured. Brand new 6s battery 5000mah 50c fully charged. This is my first Arrma. It seemed slowed than my Slash so I clocked both. 47mph Slash and 40mph Typhon. I did try and program the esc to get more punch before I ran it. Is there a lower power option on the esc that I may have accidentally set?

No it’s bone stock out of the box. I monkeyed with the esc settings before running it. I shouldn’t have I guess but I don’t see anything in the setting that could make it slower.
You're right. Nothing on the esc settings except the punch. Your lipos are new so it should get better after more cycles with them.

I monkeyed with the esc settings before running it. I shouldn’t have I guess but I don’t see anything in the setting that could make it slower.
As @James Jun above states there is absolutely nothing you can do in the ESC settings which will make your car have a slower overall top speed.

You can adjust the "punch" settings in the ESC between level 1 minimum and level 9 maximum but all that is essentially is a throttle controller.
Good video here if you need help adjusting the settings on the ESC.

When I first ran it the switch on the radio was on reverse so right out of the box and it went reverse when I pulled the trigger. So I put the switch on “N” I guess that means normal? The other setting is “R” which I guess is reverse. Which wires on the motor would I switch? I wonder if I changed something in the esc settings?
Try the t switch on the remote switched to r. All mine are that way.

Recalibrate the ESC

You're right. Nothing on the esc settings except the punch. Your lipos are new so it should get better after more cycles with them.
My Slash was fast right off the first cycle of the 3s battery. Somethings not right somewhere. I also got into the throttle settings on the esc. Could it be that the throttle trim on the transmitter was off when I set the forward/reverse/neutral?

Try the t switch on the remote switched to r. All mine are that way.
Ok...It was on “R” originally but when I pressed the trigger to go forward the car went in reverse so I switched it to “N” This could be the issue. I’m going to do a factory reset of the esc and try it again. I wonder if my motor wires are reversed from the factory and I’m running the car forward but the esc is in reverse while I go forward?

Take a look on page 27 in the manual provided to do the throttle setup for the TX. it may just need a simple calibration... I did this when I first started setting up my typhon for a run. Not sure if you had done this yet so throwing it out there...

Take a look on page 27 in the manual provided to do the throttle setup for the TX. it may just need a simple calibration... I did this when I first started setting up my typhon for a run. Not sure if you had done this yet so throwing it out there...
I did do it. Maybe did it wrong? I’m going to do a factory reset of the esc and run the car and take it from there. I’m kinda getting the feeling that the motor wires came reversed from the factory. Which ones do I need to change to reverse motor rotation?

I did do it. Maybe did it wrong? I’m going to do a factory reset of the esc and run the car and take it from there. I’m kinda getting the feeling that the motor wires came reversed from the factory. Which ones do I need to change to reverse motor rotation?
Don't think you did it wrong; the light and beeps make it a simple calibration, but you do have to turn off the esc to save the settings... Just change any 2 of the wires and check the tire rotation...

Don't think you did it wrong; the light and beeps make it a simple calibration, but you do have to turn off the esc to save the settings... Just change any 2 of the wires and check the tire rotation...
Ok thanks to everybody for all your help. Very much appreciated at the quick replies to an old RC’er lol. Damn I love lipo power and today’s fast cars. I was loving Arrma until my Slash beat my Typhon...hahahahaha. I will keep you updated to see if I can fix it. My 6s just finished charging.

Like I said all mine are set in r. This is how they all have been since new. Motor wires can be change but not having the colors line up would be just awful :). Go give that thing a rip.

Like I said all mine are set in r. This is how they all have been since new. Motor wires can be change but not having the colors line up would be just awful :). Go give that thing a rip.
Really? All my Tactic TX's has both the steering and throttle on N ( normal ) setting. But my RC's run really fast/ hard and without issues... :unsure:

Ok....just got back from testing. Do you want the good news or bad news first?.........
OK...good news. I did an esc factory reset. Turned the transmitter switch back to “R” where it was out of the box and then I recalibrated the throttle/neutral/reverse on the esc. So IT’S ALIVE!!!! hahahahaha!!! IT’S ALIVE!!!!?‍♂️ ? And now it hauls ass!!! My Slash will never get used again...hahahahaha. It’s scary fast.(to my vintage Tamiya experienced eyes). CLOCKED IN AT 58mph!!! Woooo Hoooo!!!!
So now the bad news?.....uhhhmmmm yeaaahhh...I was doing speed runs in a big parking lot and sideswiped a curb cartwheeling the car and sending my phone velcro’d To the top flying and the battery coming out ? Luckily this phone is cheap and was free with no sim card inside (dedicated to RC gps now). The Typhon took some bruises. Shock tower covers scratched, chassis scrapes, bumper and wing scrapes. That was was it though. ???
So I must thank all you fellow RC Arrma guys for the speedy replies. I was feeling kinda down earlier and now I’m feeling very ecstatic to own one of these beasts and I’m happy to be part of the forum.
I’m thinking to make this Typhon a speed run car so hopefully I can document my progress on YouTube. My channel only a few vids there so far but more to come https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwoy4VUwABe8IOeA-UCmPAA

Thanks guys?

My v3 Typhon with stock gearing, 6s 5000mah lipo does 45 mph max.
My v3 Talion with stock gearing, 6s 5000mah lipo can hit 52 mph max.

Talion has a smaller pinion so extra speed must be due to the bigger wheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back