Talion Smaller rc for my son

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Looking for like a vorteks or a 1/18 scale buggy or truck for my kid... Anyone getting rid of one ???

I love this little guy!!!
Screenshot_20220823-100511_Amazon Shopping.jpg

⬆️ yep, I am happy with this little redcat. Automatically add another 24 bucks to the price though because the shocks they come with suck (this may not matter since it’s for your kid). Fortunately the upgraded shocks are fantastic. I really like that this has easily available parts by both redcat and the
HBX 16889 (The car it was re-branded from).

It’s nice and easy to work on. Usually I don’t like Phillips head screws but they’re so small it really doesn’t matter and it’s pretty much set up like a regular 1:10 rc. I’ve only gotten it out a few times but I’m very happy with it so far.

My other favorite car and my stepdaughter’s first car is the Bezgar 9145. It is 1/20 scale and just about the toughest little car I’ve seen. Got it for her two years ago and she’s just abused the hell out of it yet nothings ever broken on it. We have several Bezgars and they’re all solid but this one is by far our favorite. It’s a really good price right now also. Usually there around 80 to 90 bucks and right now it’s only 59.

Good luck finding a car for your kid!
**Oh, I just checked tower hobbies and looks like they still have that brushed senton for $149…

⬆️ yep, I am happy with this little redcat. Automatically add another 24 bucks to the price though because the shocks they come with suck (this may not matter since it’s for your kid). Fortunately the upgraded shocks are fantastic. I really like that this has easily available parts by both redcat and the
HBX 16889 (The car it was re-branded from).

It’s nice and easy to work on. Usually I don’t like Phillips head screws but they’re so small it really doesn’t matter and it’s pretty much set up like a regular 1:10 rc. I’ve only gotten it out a few times but I’m very happy with it so far.

My other favorite car and my stepdaughter’s first car is the Bezgar 9145. It is 1/20 scale and just about the toughest little car I’ve seen. Got it for her two years ago and she’s just abused the hell out of it yet nothings ever broken on it. We have several Bezgars and they’re all solid but this one is by far our favorite. It’s a really good price right now also. Usually there around 80 to 90 bucks and right now it’s only 59.

Good luck finding a car for your kid!
**Oh, I just checked tower hobbies and looks like they still have that brushed senton for $149…
Tower hobbies shows it but when I go to buy it it says not available

That might be the one I get him... He has an amoril that gets beat on all the time and holds up pretty good but I'd like a backup

I'd say get the Redcat, having owned a WL Toys 144001 I would not recommend them to anyone, it is a cheap crappy clone of the Lc Racing EMB-1. Comparing the two is quite literally like comparing an Xbox Series X to an "XBox" from Wish. Plus you can't really run it in the grass.

Me and the kid got our collection of little cars out today. This is one of my favorite parts of the hobby….playing with our toys all family like 😊

F61FCD81-52E5-4C51-82CA-C78E5C90E483.jpeg

D0CD1CB5-A838-4890-A5F8-2096E03FE745.jpeg

134B8D73-4995-4CE3-8B72-1DB76F8264A2.jpeg

1282777C-C010-469E-944D-9734F1AA1610.jpeg

Me and the kid got our collection of little cars out today. This is one of my favorite parts of the hobby….playing with our toys all family like 😊

View attachment 238450

View attachment 238451

View attachment 238452

View attachment 238453
What's the black/dark colored one on the left in the first picture?

-edit- never mind it looks like a Hosim 9125.

Adding to my post above, my biggest gripe with a lot of these budget small scale rc cars is that they almost always come with friction dampers instead of shocks, lackluster 2 in 1 esc/rx combos, 5 wire servos and either open bearings or bushings.

What's the black/dark colored one on the left in the first picture?

-edit- never mind it looks like a Hosim 9125.

Adding to my post above, my biggest gripe with a lot of these budget small scale rc cars is that they almost always come with friction dampers instead of shocks, lackluster 2 in 1 esc/rx combos, 5 wire servos and either open bearings or bushings.
It’s a 1/20 Bezgar 9145. $59 on sale right now. It’s 2 years old, been through hell and never broke anything on it.

EEBEFE77-A953-4093-8368-5843626F5BD4.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back