Typhon smc battery fit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOB

Reaction score
has anyone been able to fit this smc 6s battery into a typhon v5 6s?

79B6253D-1E71-44B2-9CD4-24DCEABA857C.png

Measure twice, cut once. Great battery BTW, using it in my Infraction. No idea on Typhon, seems a bit large for it, you can fit anything if you want to though.

The dimensions of the battery tray should be in the Typhon manual.
Alternatively, should it not fit, remove the tray and make your own battery securement with 3M Dual-Lock® and a single strap. That should provide more than enough holding force.

Yeah my Typhon TLR will never see a 6s pack. 4s only, and she is perfectly balanced and lightening fast in 4s trim. (CNHL 5600mah 120c 4s Race packs) Perfect fit down to the milimeter.
Typhon body is very low and tight. Most 6s packs are too tall and an issue with the body anyway. And very long Lipos will hit the left Rear arm.
That High capacity Lipo is probably NOT a good choice, even if it's a fit. Very heavy due to its capacity. You don't need or want 6s in a light 1/8 scale buggy Chassis. They were designed around a 4s powerplant to begin with. Why 7600mah? You want to bash with one pack all day long? Because you don't always get way longer run times like you think. Better to get several smaller capacity 4s packs. Why make the Typhon overpowered? With that comes many other caveats. I tried 6s in my TLRT just one time. It sucks big time. What good is all that voltage if it drives uncontrollable and poorly balanced. If a well balanced matters to you? I dkn.
But we all do this hobby differently. Too me, More is not always better. If you can barely get to use 20% Throttle trigger pull. Its a waste of power.
My 2 cents. :cool:

Last edited:
Will be huge.
I put a similar sized battery in my TLR Typhon just to see. Was way too big, could not put body on and was bottoming out over asphalt, sparks flying everywhere.

Put it back in my Kraton where it belongs.

Mine is a Gens lipo at 165x47x68. Battery in your pic is 160x46x70

I agree with many of the comments here, and I think you are adding a bit too much weight to you car. SMC Racing has the weights listed on the website, and you may want to consider that as a guiding aspect to battery selection. They also make lighter 6s batteries to choose from. I have a bushel of their batteries, and truth be told I've been using some of their smaller flight packs in testing, and they are pretty awesome. C ratings are pretty much BS by most companies, so don't be afraid to try a lower C rating.

Those SMC packs would be great for a V1 Lim/Infr/Fel.
High Capacity and all. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back