Smilinbri's Ridin' Dirty Raceway Adventures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

RC is a hobby. Arrma is a lifestyle.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Vorteks
  7. Infraction 4x4
I decided to start a main thread to share my pics and vids of runnin' on my track. I finally decided on a name......Ridin' Dirty Raceway. Figured it's a dirt track, dusty & dirty, and other meanings behind it. 😜

My other thread is for the actual build of my track and upgrades, so I'll keep that for that.

Today was the 1st day this season runnin' on the track. Man have I missed it!! Got the SCT bros out and they will each get a turn. Had to start with the Tekno SCT410.3 since I haven't ran it since I built it. Man, this thing is sweet!! Handles so well. Tough as nails too as it took me a while to shake off the cobwebs, so he rolled a few times and a few nose dives into the dirt and drainage tubes. 🤷‍♂️ Got a good 40 min run outta him. Need to make a few adjustments, but overall love it!!! 🤗
20230427_115845.jpg
VideoCapture_20230427-134223.jpg
VideoCapture_20230427-134426.jpg
20230427_132137.jpg

Took a break for lunch, now it's the Senton 6s' turn!!! (y)😁✌️To be continued.........

Looks great 👍🏼

What’s your driver’s stand situation look like? I built mine down a 20 ft ravine with stairs so it had natural visibility.

Not quite sure on the lane layout since it’s more of a bash track with the kids, might just throw down decent diameter branches when needed for flexibility.

F98286B8-C5F4-4192-AE07-18A2CC8166B1.jpeg

Well, the Senton 6s crapped out again. Center diff keeps moving. This is only 2nd time I’ve ran it since I built it from scratch. Come to find out, you gotta use the Senton 6s motor/diff mount to use the Senton 6s diff cover and top roll cage.

You can't use a Typhon motor/diff mount with the Senton 6s diff cover and top roll cage. There's nothing holding the bearings/diff case in place dumb a$$!! 🤦‍♂️ No wonder the damn diff kept jumping around. At least I fixed it and can finally get a good session out of it another day. Such a dumb a$$! 🤷‍♂️😂 It lasted one jump.
VideoCapture_20230427-200920.jpg

On to the Senton 3s. 1st time runnin' with the Scorched fenders guards. Sure, they work well, but I don't like how high it makes the body. Rolled over a lot. So removed that and it ran much better imo. I'm spoiled now with the Tekno's precise turning, so gonna put a new servo and tweak the steering in the Senton 3s. Otherwise it was a blast.
VideoCapture_20230427-201137.jpg

The Slash 2wd still runs like it should. Was havin' a blast until it started acting funny. Thought maybe the slipper clutch or pinion came loose. Appears the motor shaft started moving side to side. 🤷‍♂️ Something broke up in there. Took it apart, but couldn't figure it out. I've got the exact same Velineon 3s motor in my Big Foot, so I'll just put that in the Slash.

I still had a full 6s batt from the Senton 6s, so waited till dark to run the Green Machine! It's so much fun!
20230427_202700.jpg
20230427_203057_1.gif
20230427_203421.jpg

Couple Tekno gifs......
20230427_130413_2.gif

20230427_130413_1.gif

VideoCapture_20230427-212246.jpg

Tomorrow or this weekend I'll try and get a short vid put together of the track day. Gotta download the go-pro and 2 phone vids I had going and mash em together.

Overall, it was an awesome 1st day of the season at Ridin' Dirty Raceway!!! 🥳🍻😁✌️
You are one lucky Hombre!
Yes sir!! (y)🤗
Looks great 👍🏼

What’s your driver’s stand situation look like? I built mine down a 20 ft ravine with stairs so it had natural visibility.

Not quite sure on the lane layout since it’s more of a bash track with the kids, might just throw down decent diameter branches when needed for flexibility.

View attachment 295691
Thanks and nice track you got going there!

I just use an old riding mower, stand on dirt mounds or use the portable scaffold-that's typically where I sit. Once I complete the extension, I may build an actual driver's stand.
20230427_175146.jpg

Well, the Senton 6s crapped out again. Center diff keeps moving. This is only 2nd time I’ve ran it since I built it from scratch. Come to find out, you gotta use the Senton 6s motor/diff mount to use the Senton 6s diff cover and top roll cage.

You can't use a Typhon motor/diff mount with the Senton 6s diff cover and top roll cage. There's nothing holding the bearings/diff case in place dumb a$$!! 🤦‍♂️ No wonder the damn diff kept jumping around. At least I fixed it and can finally get a good session out of it another day. Such a dumb a$$! 🤷‍♂️😂 It lasted one jump.
View attachment 295794

On to the Senton 3s. 1st time runnin' with the Scorched fenders guards. Sure, they work well, but I don't like how high it makes the body. Rolled over a lot. So removed that and it ran much better imo. I'm spoiled now with the Tekno's precise turning, so gonna put a new servo and tweak the steering in the Senton 3s. Otherwise it was a blast.
View attachment 295796

The Slash 2wd still runs like it should. Was havin' a blast until it started acting funny. Thought maybe the slipper clutch or pinion came loose. Appears the motor shaft started moving side to side. 🤷‍♂️ Something broke up in there. Took it apart, but couldn't figure it out. I've got the exact same Velineon 3s motor in my Big Foot, so I'll just put that in the Slash.

I still had a full 6s batt from the Senton 6s, so waited till dark to run the Green Machine! It's so much fun!
View attachment 295797View attachment 295798View attachment 295799
Couple Tekno gifs......
View attachment 295801
View attachment 295800
View attachment 295802

Tomorrow or this weekend I'll try and get a short vid put together of the track day. Gotta download the go-pro and 2 phone vids I had going and mash em together.

Overall, it was an awesome 1st day of the season at Ridin' Dirty Raceway!!! 🥳🍻😁✌️

Yes sir!! (y)🤗

Thanks and nice track you got going there!

I just use an old riding mower, stand on dirt mounds or use the portable scaffold-that's typically where I sit. Once I complete the extension, I may build an actual driver's stand.
View attachment 295803

1682652445987.png

I swear those companies should be paying you some advertisement dollars for that kind of exposure!
(You can have tiers too.. Whoever wants their company banner on top of your roof ,pays More!)

View attachment 295808

I swear those companies should be paying you some advertisement dollars for that kind of exposure!
(You can have tiers too.. Whoever wants their company banner on top of your roof ,pays More!)
Too bad they face my neighbors yard and trees. Nuthin' back there, but the roof would work! 😂

Man, that RC bug bit you're a$$ HARD! Very nice dude! I'm jelly! (y)
Lol....it did! Almost exactly a year ago was the big bite! (y) 😜 😁 ✌️ 🍻

Finally got the vids completed from "opening day" of my track. One for each rig...... (Senton 6s didn't last long enough to get a vid...lol)

Very nice! Prolly the best at home track I've ever seen 🤙🏼 I wanna come over too 😎
Thats Nice GIF
Thanks bud!! Next time you are up this way!!! You ain't too far from me. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back