Limitless Soldering wires together

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fenwick17

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Vendetta
I'm gonna add some wire to the battery side of my esc. Not sure if I should twist the wires together and then solder or just butt them together and solder. Does it matter?

I would use 8mm bullet connectors but that is just me, this route also makes it easier to switch to batteries with different plugs, go from 1 batter to 2 ect. A solder joint creates a weak point in the cables that is susceptible to breakage and idk how well butt connectors would do.

This is what I am talking about doing.

1683076085530.png

1683076156349.png

Thank you, I didn't mean butter connectors. What I meant was sticking the ends of the wires together and soldering together vs. twisting them together and then soldering. I think I will take your advice and use bullet connectors. For future jobs would you twist together and solder or just stick ends together and solder. I have lots of experience with wire nuts, butt connectors, etc. Not so much soldering wires together.

Thank you, I didn't mean butter connectors. What I meant was sticking the ends of the wires together and soldering together vs. twisting them together and then soldering. I think I will take your advice and use bullet connectors. For future jobs would you twist together and solder or just stick ends together and solder. I have lots of experience with wire nuts, butt connectors, etc. Not so much soldering wires together.
I think twist.

I use female 6.5mm bullets and solder in wire to both ends on each pre-tinned bullet, then heat shrink it all together. Tried twist soldering bare 10awg wire the first time, not as clean and greater opportunity for cold solder for the inexperienced. With snake clamps you can create radii or straights much easier depending on location of extension point .

I use female 6.5mm bullets and solder in wire to both ends on each pre-tinned bullet, then heat shrink it all together. Tried twist soldering bare 10awg wire the first time, not as clean and greater opportunity for cold solder for the inexperienced. With snake clamps you can create radii or straights much easier depending on location of extension point .
Great idea...thanks
I had to do it like this once because I didn't have any bullets to use & the tp motor wires are already tinned. This is Jay's Budweiser Buggy & it's held up so far 🤞 Not sure if that is recommended or not🤷‍♂️

View attachment 296998

View attachment 296999
That's good to know..thanks

Have the wires already been tinned? Or still open stranded wire?

If still open stranded wire, face the two at each other end to end..
slowly massage the strands into each other keeping the wires in line..
pinch the strands once they are mated to make them uniform, solder and heat shrink..

makes for a much cleaner looking solder joint compared to a side by side solder joint, especially in the larger gauge wires..👍

It will usually pull solder quicker and flow better throughout the joint as well..

I'm gonna add some wire to the battery side of my esc. Not sure if I should twist the wires together and then solder or just butt them together and solder. Does it matter?
Camaroboy hit it perfect... example here:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back