Kraton Soldering bullet plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a different question, for a single 6s brick set up what would be your plug of choice?

I use a mini torch and heat up the bullet, fill with solder and jam the wire in whilst it’s still hot. Then assemble as normal.

Used this method today to solder bullets on my TP 4070. Worked perfectly, thank you for that!

Yeh what they said..😁
IMG_4741.jpeg

The Netherlands of course, Mr. Turner.

🤔 Now that we're talking about lead free solder....
Will i be able to melt the awful 99% tin with a lead pellet and solder with that?
That would be a Eureka moment.
I might try that.

No way! Are you kidding me?
It worked!!!!

View attachment 306088

View attachment 306089
Here you go :) This is all just Kester 63/37 solder in all different gauges. I like the 0.040" personally but whichever is your preference, they should have it.
https://www.digikey.nl/nl/products/filter/soldeer/262?s=N4IgTCBcDaINYFMDOAXBAnABANgMwHpcB2EAXQF8g
Same problem in Germany.
They restricted the commercial use of leaded solder and for whatever reason all stores stopped selling leaded solder to private individuals, even though that has not been banned.

I just order my trusty Kester leaded solder from Amazon.com, got a few kg that should last me to the end of my hobby days :cool:
It sounds like you have enough but, should you ever find yourself needing more or if you know someone who is looking for a reliable supply of leaded solder, you can always direct them here.
https://www.digikey.de/de/products/filter/lötzinn-lot/262?s=N4IgTCBcDaINYFMDOAXBAnABANgMwHpcB2EAXQF8g

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just as a general note to you both, Digikey is a great resource for anything electronic, be it switches, fans (if you take a quick look at their product selection, it's pretty insane and they have so many types and versions of any given product that just filtering through them usually takes a minute or two).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back