Granite Solving driveshaft breaking issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The alloy sliders have no been on backorder for a year ?

Screenshot_20191017-205216_Chrome.jpg

Why would they make it this confusing and separated? I just want a good set of driveshafts that won’t break every time I open her up.

Why would they make it this confusing and separated? I just want a good set of driveshafts that won’t break every time I open her up.
Loosen your slipper if they are popping that often. I am running my Typhon on 4S and no longer pop them like I used to. They used to pop multiple times per bash. Now they have been solid for the last few months.

Loosen your slipper if they are popping that often. I am running my Typhon on 4S and no longer pop them like I used to. They used to pop multiple times per bash. Now they have been solid for the last few months.
You just busted at least 2 in one session! Don't make me search for the post but it wasn't 3 months ago ?

You just busted at least 2 in one session! Don't make me search for the post but it wasn't 3 months ago ?
That was a few months ago and the last time I popped one. That was the time I also broke the diff output shaft. I recently had one of the inner shaft screws come loose from the diff output. I also just recently broke Center driveshafts on impacts when my chassis was badly cracked, then split in half.

edit: just looked and the video was posted July 30 for the last time I popped one.

I like having full power going to the wheels at all times. If I could I would do a slipper clutch eliminator. I don’t like having slip because it wears out and I’m not getting the full power to the wheels

I like having full power going to the wheels at all times. If I could I would do a slipper clutch eliminator. I don’t like having slip because it wears out and I’m not getting the full power to the wheels
That’s understandable but it comes at the cost of popping u-joints. Unless you lower your punch setting, but that is again restraining your power. Sadly, these 3S shafts just can’t take even 3S, let alone full on 4S. I am willing to give the CVDs a chance, but I would need Typhon axles.

The 2 weaknesses of the truck is the slop in the tie rods and steering rack, and these driveshafts. The steering you can fix but these driveshafts are making me pull my hair out! There HAS to be a fix. Other than those two issues, I have blessed the engineers many times for this truck. I even put the exact same ESC/motor in my emaxx and I love it on 3S, perfect traxxas truck. Horizon just sent me a new motor for free for my granite because the factory one started cogging bad then seized (not sure why) and I praised them. All they need to do is come out with a good priced set of driveshafts that will outlast even my kids and this truck is set!

That was a few months ago and the last time I popped one. That was the time I also broke the diff output shaft. I recently had one of the inner shaft screws come loose from the diff output. I also just recently broke Center driveshafts on impacts when my chassis was badly cracked, then split in half.

edit: just looked and the video was posted July 30 for the last time I popped one.

Screenshot_20191017-222731_Chrome.jpg

So it’s $84 for the four axles? ??‍♂️

View attachment 51124
Try them. See if they work better than the stockers. If I was in the boat of breaking them every time I ran the truck, I'd at least give those a shot. I had that issue with my stampede 4x4 vxl when I got it. I'd pop one off almost every bash session, or they would stretch and break the yokes, on 2S!. $140 to MIP for x-duty's and I haven't had an issue in 2 years. A lot of which was on 3S.

I swear on everything I will pay even $150 for a set of good shafts that are guaranteed not to break from power. If I blast a wall at 60mph or something then thats another story but im saying from torque and running I swear i will pay alot of money for metal shafts. How on Earth has no one taken capital advantage of this issue that everyone is having? Might just solve everyones issue myself after I talk to my fabricator tomorrow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back