Granite Something wrong with my alignment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronF

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I noticed this when I went to get a photo for my build thread. The front wheels aren't pointing straight... is that normal?

The photo's with the body on are when I used bench as a guide to straighten them in relation to the bench, ie true direction, notice the front left is pointing way to the left.
The no body photo is when i plugged a battery in and is centred off the servo, now it's the right hand side pointing to the right. Rear wheel point inwards for some reason as well.

I changed the servo saver some ages ago and the servo. I also replaced a lower control arm as well on the LH side. Other than that I haven't touched it, the links are fixed length so I can adjust them.

Could it be from setting the servo end points to prevent it binding? Seems strange and looks wrong.

IMG_0333.JPEG

IMG_0334.JPEG

IMG_0335.JPEG

The rear tires do point inward, when you throttle they tend to straighten out. Fronts also point outward, downside of the fixed links, just trim as straight as you can and rip 😀.

You can buy the Granite adjustable Links from the BLX model if your prefer more adjustability.

Looks like it’s got more toe out on one side. The fix would be to adjust the turnbuckles to a -2 degree toe out. -toe in the front helps it corner and steer better, + toe in the rear helps it with acceleration & traction.

Looks like it’s got more toe out on one side. The fix would be to adjust the turnbuckles to a -2 degree toe out. -toe in the front helps it corner and steer better, + toe in the rear helps it with acceleration & traction.
I think those links are fixed.

The turnbuckles are definitely adjustable. Take off your wheels and you'll see where they can be adjusted.

On a side note, while your wheels are off inspect your drives side hub to make sure it isn't cracked or damaged, the angle of that wheel just seems off to me.

The turnbuckles are definitely adjustable. Take off your wheels and you'll see where they can be adjusted.

On a side note, while your wheels are off inspect your drives side hub to make sure it isn't cracked or damaged, the angle of that wheel just seems off to me.
Unfortunately this is the Mega version they are fixed links.

Would have been nice if the stock bell crank had different mounting holes but it is also just one position.

On the plus side my fixed links have been very durable. IMO stronger than the BLX adjustable links.

Screenshot_20230316_220059_Chrome.jpg

Unfortunately this is the Mega version they are fixed links.

View attachment 286002
I stand corrected, thanks for sharing, I assumed all of the Granites had adjustable turnbuckles. I would still pull of that wheel and inspect that hub. I say this because I broke a hub previously and it looked exactly like that. Suspension looked good with the wheel on but as soon as I took the wheel off I could see where the hub broke.

I stand corrected, thanks for sharing, I assumed all of the Granites had adjustable turnbuckles. I would still pull of that wheel and inspect that hub. I say this because I broke a hub previously and it looked exactly like that. Suspension looked good with the wheel on but as soon as I took the wheel off I could see where the hub broke.
Great advice, always good to check things over, I have sheared off a hub as well. 👍

My Granite Mega toes out more than I would like as well.. if they just made them 1mm longer!

Typically Toe Out is more stable in a straight line, perhaps this is why the beginner RC has it setup this way 😆.

On my Team Corally fixed links I have been very impressed with the pre-selected lengths. They look super beefy as well!

Last edited:
good idea, i'll put it apart and see if anything is broken. hopefully is isn't otherwise its a bodge fix and a 2 week wait for parts :p

Here is our Granite, pretty much all BLX now except all the fixed links (tie rods/turnbuckles). This thing has taken some nasty tumbles I am sure would have snapped the adjustable links 😆

20230316_221828.jpg

That's exactly where my hub broke when my truck looked like yours. It looks fine but when you get it apart is when you notice the break as the piece falls out.

Glad you found it! That part is a softer one, always surprised to see them break. Broke one on a Senton before too.

They won’t break, but I had issues with mine binding up. The screws on top and bottom with the “flanged tube” have to be secure without being so tight they pinch the hub, and stop the truck from steering. My aluminum hubs were worn out a bit, so I was losing those screws all the time since I couldn’t tighten them down. Loctite didn’t even help, so I just bought an set of the stock ones to run inside the aluminum C hub.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back