Kraton Source for diff oils?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longhaulrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Mojave
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Senton 3s
  10. Typhon 3s
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Vendetta
  13. Vorteks
I see so many helpful recommendations for diff oils in various Arrma rigs, and I'd like to purchase an assortment of the different recommend weights, but what brands is everyone using, and does somebody sell a "gift pack" of all the different weights. I have various 3s,6s and even an 8s, and I like to have a bottle of each to cover all of my Arrmas

Team Associated or some other brand my LHS carries, can't think if it at the moment. I haven't noticed any difference.

I'd it's pretty unlikely you'll find a "pack" as it were, too many possible combinations.

You guys laugh but I'm sure someone has tryed using olive oil or vegetable oil or even car oil either in diffs or in there shocks.curious to see who tryed them at least in shocks..🤔 I bet I could gain a few extra miles per hour with one of them🤣

Just did a quick search. Okay I think I might have seen that one before :LOL: this one right?
https://www.amazon.com/Team-Associated-Pack-Silicone-Fluid/dp/B07HRVRJY9/

To be fair, I've never needed oils in that low of a range as the Associated pack. That really seems race-oriented for tuning. I mostly look for 30k, 100k, 200k, 500k for bashing. Maybe 10k if I really need to loosen things up.
They have it.. up to a mill I believe, don't quote me might be higher!!

They have it.. up to a mill I believe, don't quote me might be higher!!
In an assorted pack? I'd be totally game for a pack of like 50k, 100k, and 500k or something. But that's kind of stretching it for bashers, we don't get quite the treatment those racer types do ;)

I've usually just had to buy the specific oils I need.

OP: for what it's worth, you can always buy high and low and mix to get a viscosity in the middle. It's not an exact science unless you're willing to do super accurate measurements, but for example mixing 100k and 10k will give you **roughly** 50k. And it's not like at that range there is going to be a big difference between 50k and 60k. That's what I did. Recently bought some 30k, 100k and 500k I think. Just mixed to make an 80ish k.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back