South Florida RC Mayhem - Markham Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at the park trying to make a bit of progress. If you come by this weekend, I won't promise that I've made a noticable dent, but the sightlines on the infield will be improved on the wide sweeping turn to the west as well as between the pallet jumps. Not sure how much more I can get done due to lack of batteries for the ryobi.
Thanks for the work man. I'm sure it helped.

Hey guys, If you haven't been to Markham recently the basher course is at an all time low. Completely unusable at this point. I was pretty bummed.

mk1.jpg

Hey guys, If you haven't been to Markham recently the basher course is at an all time low. Completely unusable at this point. I was pretty bummed.

View attachment 328419
Wow, that's heartbreaking. Looks like the park just completely gave up on it. I'm sure the crawler course & air field are still in impeccable condition 😒

On a more positive note though I found this skatepark at Miramar Regional Park. It was really fun and the best part completely deserted (no skateboarders). If you guys are interested maybe we could do a meet up there some weekend?

skatepark.png

They allow FPV drones there? It would be cool to meet up and get some track footage.
Yes, all day. There is a course in the back don't know how good it is.
I'm calling it a day, but I've got us access to the track and spotters stand. I carved this path across from the large lot to the west of the track through to the track itself.
View attachment 319044

Then I tackled the overgrown spotters stand. Before:View attachment 319045

After:
View attachment 319047
If people brought a few light lawn tools and spent 20 min per session just hitting a few feet of the track borders to clean it up, it would be amazing very quick. I spent probably 4.5hrs all in. It's not much now, but it can get there.
Thanks, this is awesome of you!!!

View attachment 328419
Wow coming from you, the way you bash it must be really bad lol. What's good MiamiRC, hope all is well.

Last edited:
Yes, all day. There is a course in the back don't know how good it is.

Thanks, this is awesome of you!!!

Wow coming from you, the way you bash it must be really bad lol. What's good MiamiRC, hope all is well.
Haha. Even the mighty XMaxx couldn't get through that forest....

Hello, I live in South FL for many years however, I'm pretty new into the hobby. Currently I own MJX HyperGO 1/14th scale beginner truck and on-road car. I plan to buy at least Four Arrma RC vehicles in the near future. Is there a club or gather group for ARRMA fans in South FL? I would love to see Arrma's vehicle in person and live in action before I spend thousands of dollars. Try to make the right decision is hard in this hobby. Does anybody know if there is such a Arrma club or group meetup in South Florida? I'm in the zip code 33309 area. Thanks for having me and helping a newbie like me.

Hello, I live in South FL for many years however, I'm pretty new into the hobby. Currently I own MJX HyperGO 1/14th scale beginner truck and on-road car. I plan to buy at least Four Arrma RC vehicles in the near future. Is there a club or gather group for ARRMA fans in South FL? I would love to see Arrma's vehicle in person and live in action before I spend thousands of dollars. Try to make the right decision is hard in this hobby. Does anybody know if there is such a Arrma club or group meetup in South Florida? I'm in the zip code 33309 area. Thanks for having me and helping a newbie like me.
Hi. Welcome. There really isn't a club for bashers here that I'm aware of. I'd certainly join if there was. There was a good group that went to Markham to bash when it had a track but the park basically abandoned it and now it's sadly overrun with weeds. There are a lot of RC fans there but it's mostly crawlers and planes. Sometimes people still bash around in the field but it's hit or miss. Sunday is probably your best bet. In terms of Arrma vehicles it's largely budget and personal preference. Price independent I think you'd be hard pressed to beat either the new 6s Big Rock or EXB Kraton that came out today. Both are going to be awesome. Good luck.

Hi. Welcome. There really isn't a club for bashers here that I'm aware of. I'd certainly join if there was. There was a good group that went to Markham to bash when it had a track but the park basically abandoned it and now it's sadly overrun with weeds. There are a lot of RC fans there but it's mostly crawlers and planes. Sometimes people still bash around in the field but it's hit or miss. Sunday is probably your best bet. In terms of Arrma vehicles it's largely budget and personal preference. Price independent I think you'd be hard pressed to beat either the new 6s Big Rock or EXB Kraton that came out today. Both are going to be awesome. Good luck.

Thank you for the quick respond and nice to meet you MiamiRC. I think it would be an fantastic idea that someone start a South Florida Facebook group for meeting every Sunday first of the month for lunch and onward to the park together. It would be awesome to learn from each other in person since this is such an amazing hobby and expensive too haha Any knowledge and seeing those result in person would be fantastic.

My ARRMA wish list is as follow:
* 1/7 scale The Big Rock 6s
* 1/7 scale Felony 6s
* 1/5 scale Kraton 8s RTR
* 1/8 scale Mojave 4s

But would love to see these in person and in action before dropping that kind of money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back