South Florida RC Mayhem - Markham Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaFreek2022

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 6s
Hey AF I'm jelly of the guys out West and up North who organize meets and stuff. I wanted to post some video of the Markham Park Jail house race track lol. I mean its ruff but it is fun as hell. There is also a large crawler area that is tons of fun and its huge. In the back there another bashing area when you can get some big air I forgot to take a video of it.

There is also as you can see a big RC plane area and another area for the planes flown from the string (don't know what they're called).

I come there on weekends and meet some of the forum guys there, so far I hang with @alexus and @MiamiRC, as far as Forum crew. The more racers the funner the Chaos lol.

ANDDDDDDDD, for those who want to try a real track but don't want to feel the pressure, come practice with me at Millspond RC Raceway. I went last Wednesday and it was fun as can be, everyone is super friendly they have parts tires for cheap. You can't beat it. There are guys out there with Revos, rustlers and I take my Typhon\Talion Truggy, meaning bring what you got, its gonna be epic. Wednesday it was like the palmetto at rush hour lol, what a blast!

Practice days are usually Saturdays 10-3 and Wednesdays 4-9pm or 4:30.

The RC crawler area gets very crowded, lots of guys having a blast over there. I will soon get me a crawler they are too much fun.

In any case I would like to start like a meet thread so we can see who is planning on visiting the weekend or practice or whatever.

Please let me know what you guys think and how we can make this happen.

Edit: Forgot to mention the Drone flying section, pretty cool also. Lets goooooo!!!

Before we moved from S. Florida my & I visited the RC section at Markham quite often. The bashing section would be lightyears nicer if park maintenance actually took care of it and cleaned it up. It seems as if they built it and just forgot about it sadly. The crawler section seems to be a little more maintained, but I'm not a crawler guy so I never really went over to that course. Maybe if you can generate enough interest you can get the park to finally clean up the basher course. Also, be careful recording, my wife was recording us bashing one day and she got stung by a bee right in that little area where you're recording from. It's like a wooden observation area/post. Best of luck to you, hopefully you can get something organized, it has the potential to be a great RC park & event!

Before we moved from S. Florida my & I visited the RC section at Markham quite often. The bashing section would be lightyears nicer if park maintenance actually took care of it and cleaned it up. It seems as if they built it and just forgot about it sadly. The crawler section seems to be a little more maintained, but I'm not a crawler guy so I never really went over to that course. Maybe if you can generate enough interest you can get the park to finally clean up the basher course. Also, be careful recording, my wife was recording us bashing one day and she got stung by a bee right in that little area where you're recording from. It's like a wooden observation area/post. Best of luck to you, hopefully you can get something organized, it has the potential to be a great RC park & event!
don't get me wrong its a blast now but it could be better. A couple of the LHS have tried to take over the maintenance but have had no luck. It's like the park doesn't wanna do it and doesn't wanna let anyone help. Kinda weird. I'll be getting crawler soon, crawling looks very; relaxing. Thanks and same to you.

Hey AF I'm jelly of the guys out West and up North who organize meets and stuff. I wanted to post some video of the Markham Park Jail house race track lol. I mean its ruff but it is fun as hell. There is also a large crawler area that is tons of fun and its huge. In the back there another bashing area when you can get some big air I forgot to take a video of it.

There is also as you can see a big RC plane area and another area for the planes flown from the string (don't know what they're called).

I come there on weekends and meet some of the forum guys there, so far I hang with @alexus and @MiamiRC, as far as Forum crew. The more racers the funner the Chaos lol.

ANDDDDDDDD, for those who want to try a real track but don't want to feel the pressure, come practice with me at Millspond RC Raceway. I went last Wednesday and it was fun as can be, everyone is super friendly they have parts tires for cheap. You can't beat it. There are guys out there with Revos, rustlers and I take my Typhon\Talion Truggy, meaning bring what you got, its gonna be epic. Wednesday it was like the palmetto at rush hour lol, what a blast!

The RC crawler area gets very crowded, lots of guys having a blast over there. I will soon get me a crawler they are too much fun.

In any case I would like to start like a meet thread so we can see who is planning on visiting the weekend or practice or whatever.

Edit: Forgot to mention the Drone flying section, pretty cool also. Lets goooooo!!!

Thanks for posting! As you said the more people we have out there at Markham Park definitely the more fun it is. The environment is family friendly too if you have kids. I bring my nine and four year old. My nine year old is a good driver with his Maxx (which has the added benefit of being almost indestructible) and my four year old creates a rolling chicane most of the time but that's all good fun too. Sundays are the day most people go. I have a few crawlers too and there are always a bunch of people in the crawler park but the basher track is hit and miss on whether anyone is there. It also definitely needs some maintenance; it's kind of a Mad Max vibe at the moment. Please come out if you're in the area! The more folks the more fun it is and it would be great to get a regular bashing group going like they have for the crawlers.
don't get me wrong its a blast now but it could be better. A couple of the LHS have tried to take over the maintenance but have had no luck. It's like the park doesn't wanna do it and doesn't wanna let anyone help. Kinda weird. I'll be getting crawler soon, crawling looks very; relaxing. Thanks and same to you.
This is weird since the crawler section is maintained by local hobbyists. Wish we could get a similar group going for the basher track!

OHhhh yeaaaa....I just moved down here from Indiana and was looking for a place to bring my Talion. I'll have to come check it out!

Does anybody volunteer to maintain it?

I don't mind volunteering, because I'd love to have a place where I can use the buggy every day instead of waiting for practice days at coral springs or mills pond.

Who do you think I could reach out to?

I don't mind volunteering, because I'd love to have a place where I can use the buggy every day instead of waiting for practice days at coral springs or mills pond.

I stopped their today just to take a look. It's not in great shape but it's better than nothing! I seen a sign on the fence as you enter looking for volunteers. The sign looked a little old and worn out. I'm planning to go out there tomorrow and actually run my Talion. I'd volunteer some time also. I'll look and see what the sign says....if i can't read it, i'll stop by the front office and get some info.

I'd probably try reaching out the front office staff like @Squ@chn mentioned. It really does have the potential to be a great place to run r/c, it just needs a group of dedicated & consistent volunteers to help it get there.

I stopped their today just to take a look. It's not in great shape but it's better than nothing! I seen a sign on the fence as you enter looking for volunteers. The sign looked a little old and worn out. I'm planning to go out there tomorrow and actually run my Talion. I'd volunteer some time also. I'll look and see what the sign says....if i can't read it, i'll stop by the front office and get some info.

I actually wanted to check it out tomorrow sometime in the morning or afternoon. I'll be brining my Typhon.

I'd probably try reaching out the front office staff like @Squ@chn mentioned. It really does have the potential to be a great place to run r/c, it just needs a group of dedicated & consistent volunteers to help it get there.

I'm more than willing, I love that park and I utilize its other resources all the time. I would love to have a place where I can consistently practice because the other two tracks nearby only have limited practice days. I'd also like to build something great with others.

I'm so jealous

Brought my Talion out today. It's the first time I had it out since September. I had some battery issues but ran the track in 3S. Actually if i were to run it in 6S it probably would have been to powerful. the track definitely needs some TLC. Will go back when new batteries come in.
IMG_3865.JPG

Also seen this sign when entering.
IMG_3855.JPG

Brought my Talion out today. It's the first time I had it out since September. I had some battery issues but ran the track in 3S. Actually if i were to run it in 6S it probably would have been to powerful. the track definitely needs some TLC. Will go back when new batteries come in.
View attachment 302862
Also seen this sign when entering.
View attachment 302863
Well that's a start, that sign definitely wasn't there the last time I went. Unfortunately the track is still in the same derelict condition though. What's crazy is how well kept the RC flying field is and it's only a few hundred yards away 🤷‍♂️

@Squ@chn We must have just missed each other. I went today and boy, this track is borderline abandoned. It's so rocky that I broke my car twice trying to drive it.

1. The ramps need more dirt and it needs to be cleaned.
  2. Driver Stand area needs a quick exit staircase
  3. The whole area needs to be mowed, especially the walkway near the driver stand
  4. This is just my opinion, but I feel like we could do a different layout that utilizes the space better.
  5. We need draining pipe borders along the track.
  6. We could possibly use a small wooden border around the track to help protect onlookers from flying cars

I just contacted the number and I'm going to ask for permission to clean the track of rocks tomorrow.

1685408890468.png

One shock broke because I let a little kid drive my car. I try to create new enthusiasts any way I can.

IMG_3341.jpg

And my other shock broke because I tried to hit the ramp in the back corner and since the perspective is low from the driver stand, I missed and hit a giant exposed rock and shredded a shock mount in half. This is fine though, I will fix these issues soon enough.

IMG_3342.jpg

@305HemiGuy You are right though, it is crazy how pampered the Airfield and rock crawler course is.

I actually wanted to check it out tomorrow sometime in the morning or afternoon. I'll be brining my Typhon.

I'm more than willing, I love that park and I utilize its other resources all the time. I would love to have a place where I can consistently practice because the other two tracks nearby only have limited practice days. I'd also like to build something great with others.
Hey @Ghast there is also another spot up north where the track it in much better shape and its open and free. We should set up a meet both at Markham and or this spot here:

South Florida Dirt Oval RC Club
10875 W Atlantic Ave, Delray Beach, FL

I have not gone but will soon. Please let me know.

P.S. I hope you were driving the right direction its a doosy if you drive the wrong way. You can definitley get around without incident but you really need to practice or know your way around this treacherous track. ON my video you can see i made it around a couple times and gotten better since.

Hey @Ghast there is also another spot up north where the track it in much better shape and its open and free. We should set up a meet both at Markham and or this spot here:

South Florida Dirt Oval RC Club
10875 W Atlantic Ave, Delray Beach, FL

I have not gone but will soon. Please let me know.

P.S. I hope you were driving the right direction its a doosy if you drive the wrong way. You can definitley get around without incident but you really need to practice or know your way around this treacherous track. ON my video you can see i made it around a couple times and gotten better since.

Wow I never knew of that place. I just looked at it on Google maps and it looks pretty decent. I am up for testing it out or going to a meet.

I went to my local shop again and we got the car fixed. We rebuilt the two front shocks and removed the old headless screw that was broken off in the control arm.

IMG_3352.jpg

I also talked about getting the ball rolling at Markham to get the track set up. There is definitely interest. It's just going to take quite a bit of work though, and it's not easy to get work done in that park. I'm in communication with the parks naturalist to get more information.

I
Wow I never knew of that place. I just looked at it on Google maps and it looks pretty decent. I am up for testing it out or going to a meet.

I went to my local shop again and we got the car fixed. We rebuilt the two front shocks and removed the old headless screw that was broken off in the control arm.

View attachment 303100

I also talked about getting the ball rolling at Markham to get the track set up. There is definitely interest. It's just going to take quite a bit of work though, and it's not easy to get work done in that park. I'm in communication with the parks naturalist to get more information.
By any chance is that Goat Hobbies?

Yes! I love that shop
I'm not sure if that's the Davie or the Weston store you visited, but the Weston shop was my store of choice. The guys there are awesome, especially Bruce. Most hobby shops would make you leave your item there if it needed work, but I can't tell you how many times they've fixed items for me on the spot free of charge right there on the glass counter lol. They were only about 15 mins away from me, but since I've moved the closest hobby shop is now about 40 mins away :(

I'm not sure if that's the Davie or the Weston store you visited, but the Weston shop was my store of choice. The guys there are awesome, especially Bruce. Most hobby shops would make you leave your item there if it needed work, but I can't tell you how many times they've fixed items for me on the spot free of charge right there on the glass counter lol. They were only about 15 mins away from me, but since I've moved the closest hobby shop is now about 40 mins away :(

I went to the Davie one, I heard the other one closed down. These guys are awesome too. By far my favorite hobby shop I've ever gone to. Luckily the Davie one is not too far. But you can tell these guys know what they are doing, and are actually passionate about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back