Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been 85 days since my accident. And knowing Edough would beat his PB today (congrats!), i figured it was time to get out there again.
Driving to my spot was still painfull and i chose just to do a cautiously low geared 6S run. Not even maxed it, but i did manage a 100 mph :)

5680 lowest Y is 1070kv, that requires more gearing

Good luck, may the speedgods be at your side
I grabbed the 1450kv from eBay as it’s the highest 8S rated version. It shows up to 446A of draw. 50k RPMs. I would have to keep my voltage at 34v to get to 50k RPMs tho. Most likely will max out around 40k RPMs.

It has been 85 days since my accident. And knowing Edough would beat his PB today (congrats!), i figured it was time to get out there again.
Driving to my spot was still painfull and i chose just to do a cautiously low geared 6S run. Not even maxed it, but i did manage a 100 mph :)
Thank you very much! Such a relief to finally not have an issue after 4 long months!! Really happy to hear you getting back out there @rotauq and man if I played any part of that I'm honored!! Look forward to seeing you get back in it and climbing back up the list!

Thata-boy @Edough13!!knocking on 150s soon
Check out my new rear shocks,lighter an more aerodynamic

Attachments

• 16310415750923445431317569818031.jpg
    16310415750923445431317569818031.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 16310416215827473617273596570991.jpg
    16310416215827473617273596570991.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 41
Well guys not what I was expecting today... been trying so hard for the last 4 months to have a smooth 8s pass without issues and finally hit 140mph. Well I didn't hit 140.... I HIT 144MPH!!!!! OMG I am sooooo happy I can't even describe how happy and relieved I am to finally get back climbing and not have an issue😁😁😁😎 so new spool is definitely the fix I've been looking for all along, pulled a 7mph gain over the Scorched shafts at 137mph!! Oh man I'm absolutely STOKED!!!!!View attachment 167886

Damn!! That’s beast!

Man thank you guys all soo much!!! As you all know it's been an extremely rough last 4 month pulling my hair out to stop the desyncing issue and finally it all paid off today and a +6mph new PB😍 have to give a ton of credit to Kenny Soto for the new spool that fixed my issue and allowed me to finally get back on track and climbing again! Can't believe I'm also now only 6mph away from my 150mph goal I set for this year😱 again thanks fellas and here's a teaser of today's pass I'm going to try and get video edited up and possibly downloaded this evening for verification. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CTiESxOB59e/?utm_medium=copy_link

Well guys not what I was expecting today... been trying so hard for the last 4 months to have a smooth 8s pass without issues and finally hit 140mph. Well I didn't hit 140.... I HIT 144MPH!!!!! OMG I am sooooo happy I can't even describe how happy and relieved I am to finally get back climbing and not have an issue😁😁😁😎 so new spool is definitely the fix I've been looking for all along, pulled a 7mph gain over the Scorched shafts at 137mph!! Oh man I'm absolutely STOKED!!!!!View attachment 167886
Congrats, glad you’re getting things figured out!👍🏼😎

Nice , Congratulations Edough13 ! now you’re on the road to 150! 💪

Yea bro watched it , that was Fantastic man
Happy for you ! Keep it up 👍 I’d be excited
Too…… 😜😎
Thanks man! Trust me after the last 4 months of disappointing pass after pass and replacing almost every dam piece of my rig I about fell over 😍 And then to not only break 140 finally but already push to mid 140's and only 6mph away from my goal for the year I set. Looks like I may need to bump that goal up here soon😎

Thanks man! Trust me after the last 4 months of disappointing pass after pass and replacing almost every dam piece of my rig I about fell over 😍 And then to not only break 140 finally but already push to mid 140's and only 6mph away from my goal for the year I set. Looks like I may need to bump that goal up here soon😎
Sure does ! 150 or bust! Well not literally bust
I hope to do 140 this weekend, made some adjustments on suspension so we’ll see

Sure does ! 150 or bust! Well not literally bust
I hope to do 140 this weekend, made some adjustments on suspension so we’ll see
Awesome good luck man!

That was a really nice long pull too. Way to go brother 🤘🏻🤘🏻
Thanks brother! Definitely got a sweet pass in just wish I could see the car the whole way🤣 all I can see on the big end is a dust trail😱 hoping we get some rain this week as we have some storm fronts coming in and it washes the dust away. Especially next pass should be pushing the 150 mark🤞🏼was a good 3 second pull 👍🏼
20210907_114931.jpg

Thanks brother! Definitely got a sweet pass in just wish I could see the car the whole way🤣 all I can see on the big end is a dust trail😱 hoping we get some rain this week as we have some storm fronts coming in and it washes the dust away. Especially next pass should be pushing the 150 mark🤞🏼was a good 3 second pull 👍🏼View attachment 168262

That is a great looking log. 144 mph with only 355 amps is great! Are those 6Ah G+ LiPos? I wouldn't expect them to dip down into the 24v range with that amperage level. One of my speed runs with a Typhon was 305 amps and the voltage was still at 27.7 v

It may take starting further down the road and getting up to speed earlier but I think with another 2-3 seconds at full throttle you will see a good increase in speed. Holding full throttle down for 5+ seconds is key to the really high speeds.
You may need a ladder or something to help you see further.

That is a great looking log. 144 mph with only 355 amps is great! Are those 6Ah G+ LiPos? I wouldn't expect them to dip down into the 24v range with that amperage level. One of my speed runs with a Typhon was 305 amps and the voltage was still at 27.7 v

It may take starting further down the road and getting up to speed earlier but I think with another 2-3 seconds at full throttle you will see a good increase in speed. Holding full throttle down for 5+ seconds is key to the really high speeds.
I’ve committed to taking a ladder from now on too, even tho I usually stand behind my Jeep.

Thanks @LibertyMKiii no I'm running the 5000mAh G+ packs so that's why I'm getting almost 9v sag. Ya I can still get more room for sure as previous passes I ran 5000+ on the entire pass. Also as isaid in the video I'm loosing sight from the dust so could hold a little longer once dust clears. It's raining thank god today so hoping all the dust will be gone.

Back