Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest motor ever in stretched typhon????????
56×102 1270kv 45/36/15/42.
Try an run it tomorrow. Tp4050 on ground

16314080141347774090183188576718.jpg

16314082158937271457044471867492.jpg

16314082509204804515010777579383.jpg

Damn bro that's no good! At least rigs all good and didn't happen at like 140😱
I got a scorched titanium skid plate on front.
Sparks where flying everywhere. From up the road I didn't know what the hell was going on..lol

I got a scorched titanium skid plate on front.
Sparks where flying everywhere. From up the road I didn't know what the hell was going on..lol
Ya that would definitely suck and make ya freak out a bit for sure lol. Got my stretched girl ready to go this AM, 4s pack and GoPro charging now. Hoping to break the 110 mark for a new 4s PB 🤞🏼 also going to see if my boy wants to come and try to break 100 or a new PB over his current of 91mph😎
20210912_084918.jpg

Well no dice with the Typhon today just getting too much sag with the single 5000mAh pack. So think I'm going to start running some 6s passes and pick up a parallel connector in the mean time. Also going to try and raise the body to fit dual packs as I'm not going to see any gain on 4s until I can keep the voltage up.
Screenshot_20210912-110905_GNSS PA.jpg

Yesterday I did my 2nd run since my accident. No full pull, I am still facing some mental barrier apparently. More than I had anticipated. It was nice to see the limitless with the C8 body and 5840L motor going straight as an arrow though.

1631868997722.png

As I have a Dutch Bash meeting coming up, I send most of my time recently on prepping my 1/5 FG. I converted it from 2wd to 4wd, belt-driven. I did a 75mph speed(test)run with it and i am amazed how much more efficient it seems to run. For such a big machine in offroad setup, only pulling 80A up to that speed, i am getting more and more curious how it would perform as an actual speedrunner.

Yesterday I did my 2nd run since my accident. No full pull, I am still facing some mental barrier apparently. More than I had anticipated. It was nice to see the limitless with the C8 body and 5840L motor going straight as an arrow though.

View attachment 169532

As I have a Dutch Bash meeting coming up, I send most of my time recently on prepping my 1/5 FG. I converted it from 2wd to 4wd, belt-driven. I did a 75mph speed(test)run with it and i am amazed how much more efficient it seems to run. For such a big machine in offroad setup, only pulling 80A up to that speed, i am getting more and more curious how it would perform as an actual speedrunner.
That's awesome Rot! I can't imagine it being easy to get back out at all as I was trigger shy a while after my wreck let alone being hit and injured by a car. 128mph is great though and nothing to be ashamed of for first few passes back. Man that 1/5 scale sounds insane! Would love to see that bad boy in action, 75mph offroad belt driven 1/5😱🤤

View attachment 169532

Glad to see you’re back at it!😎👍🏼

That's awesome Rot! I can't imagine it being easy to get back out at all as I was trigger shy a while after my wreck let alone being hit and injured by a car. 128mph is great though and nothing to be ashamed of for first few passes back. Man that 1/5 scale sounds insane! Would love to see that bad boy in action, 75mph offroad belt driven 1/5😱🤤
Hey Edough13 , off topic but i ordered my RC on a Budget spool today from Kenny! thanks for the tip brother! and i did mention you as well ! :)

Never noticed this option on castle escs before.should I disable it???

I believe the current limiting setting is only on the old XLX (which I see you are running on the Typhon.
You can move it to disabled or custom limits around 380 or 400 amps I think.

Here’s my bud from today. Not a PB just a GT

Nice passes Jon. Not sure if it was just me, but the audio cut out in two different places on this video. Never got to hear the convo between you and the guy in the F150.
More test passes Typhon 6s stretched.

Still not tracking as straight as I would like, but making progress!👍🏼

Typhon (Stretched)
6s (2 x 3s 5000mAh CNHL G+)
1st pass - 125mph (New PB)
2nd pass - 124mph

View attachment 168377

View attachment 168378
Look at you. Already up on me by 1 mph and you've barely got your feet wet. Very nice and a huge congratulations!

Last edited:
Back