Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First run today with the hobao. New pb on 3s.
Need to turn the brakes up on this thing almost didn’t get it to stop.
FCCBB68F-FB37-4FEF-BB93-211973F692F4.png

Will run again with a smaller pinion. I definitely overshot that

Second pass with hobao I dropped from a 44 down to a 40t pinion.
Ended up 4mph slower. Totally ok with both passes. Need to check logs.
First run had a lot of full throttle time so this motor may just need more battery power for this voltage.
D21EB3C1-C0BD-438B-983B-A9E1D8150176.png

Exciting day with the cars today.
Had an axle pin shear on the carbon vendetta so I couldn’t make any passes with it.

Ran the dual motor limitless first pass with it on 4s and managed 144mph
Got my nerves together for a 7s pass and got a new all time pb of 176 mph
So excited to run that one more

My best with the hobao on 3s was the 122mph pass
All in all a great day.

6b4657c0-1da2-4245-8459-6f87fffe481d-jpeg.231702
5C7CEC18-E084-499A-9734-FD93E4DA4B1D.png
3503B2E4-6DA2-41C8-A70A-837C55648644.png

6B4657C0-1DA2-4245-8459-6F87FFFE481D.jpeg

Had an axle pin shear on the carbon vendetta so I couldn’t make any passes with it.

All in all a great day.

View attachment 231705View attachment 231707

View attachment 231702
That’s awesome dude!! That dual motor is gonna be a beast!

All in all a great day.

View attachment 231705View attachment 231707

View attachment 231702

Dang 6112 ft!
That is serious there!!!

Congrats brother!

Dang 6112 ft!
That is serious there!!!

Congrats brother!
Thanks man. Almost couldn’t turn around I need to turn up the brakes a little bit. I was about twenty feet from the gate that is at the extra center to the construction site. It took a while to get it turned around and brought back but I did it

Thanks man. Almost couldn’t turn around I need to turn up the brakes a little bit. I was about twenty feet from the gate that is at the extra center to the construction site. It took a while to get it turned around and brought back but I did it

Damn, that sound doe!! That was 🔥
You should put some front and rear lights on your car bro. It really helps with orientation...even during daytime hours.

Damn, that sound doe!! That was 🔥
You should put some front and rear lights on your car bro. It really helps with orientation...even during daytime hours.
I’m starting to realize how it can help.
During the 176 run I couldn’t tell which way I was pointed. That is why it took so long to bring it back

I’m starting to realize how it can help.
During the 176 run I couldn’t tell which way I was pointed. That is why it took so long to bring it back
I use two sets of these up front (though one is probably enough, they're bright as all get out)
https://www.rcmart.com/g-t-power-hi...stem-for-rc-truck-car-boat-gtp-37367-00037367
1656124083811.png

And one of these screwed into my diffusor. Mine is by a company called Fischer but I can't find it for sale in the US. This should be the equivalent. Yes, this one currently out of stock, but should get you pointed in right direction. These are blindingly bright tail lights. Absolutely love it.
https://amz.run/5iQ3
1656124432476.png

For reference - this is a picture of me at night with the tail light in my mouth...I don't usually look this good. No...this picture has not been enhanced or modified in any way. My mouth is closed. All the light you see is coming from inside my head...and it's pointing away from the camera.
spooky.jpg

Decided to test out a few new things on the setup. Car was running straight as an arrow which is great. Had a rough day with headwind though. Weather app said around 8-10 mph winds and that really hampered my times and got my car running warmer for sure. Only was able to hit 134 today with the headwind. Hoping tomorrow I can go back and hit 140. PR is 139 for the last 3 weeks due to a crash and rain. Hoping to trickle charge and properly heat my good batteries, now I know she's like an arrow again. Speed run calc says it should do 144, so I feel 140 is reasonable. Its been within 1-3mph every other prediction. Hit my highest amp and hp numbers today. Assuming that's due to the headwind as well. I'm attaching the log from the 134 pass and a few pictures from today.

10mph Headwind Log.png

IMG_7737.jpg

IMG_7738.jpg

Today didn't seem to be my day. I was having some interference issues from those police owned towable digital billboards they put out. I had the car turned around ready to go and finger completely off the trigger. Thing shoots off into the woods completely on its own. Luckily the only damage was a set of foams. Another person making passes there had the same issue anywhere near the sign. I was using a radiolink rcg6s with fully charged 3s lippo. Had 2-3 bars of signal even at the distance it went crazy at. Never had issues with range or car acting like that prior to that billboard. Some what solved the issue when I came back by standing much closer to the sign. Seems as long as I have full bars on the remote the interference doesn't do much. Hopefully this billboard is removed shortly or I don't see 140 coming safely anytime soon. I loose about 4-500ft of run space with it there. In the mean time I need to redo diff bearings because after 2-3 runs with fresh wheel bearings the car goes from being on rails to pulling harder and harder to the right. Back to the drawing board and hopefully 140 comes soon.

Last edited:
Back up and running. Tested with some new GRP'S since I know I wasn't going to push too hard. Managed 99 mph pretty easily. Did three runs and logs show the esc got warm so I'm hoping I'm not binding anywhere. Also trying a static front while i wait for a new shock to arrive. Hope to get in a full pass on new BSR purples within the next week. 🤞
20220725_140452-01.jpeg

Back