Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typhon 3S GT running 6S
IMG_0583.PNG

Infraction V2
IMG_0584.PNG

So I went out tonight. Made a couple of 111 mph passes. Flipped twice from a tiny bump in the road right near the end of the run. First time it did a @jondilly1974 and landed on the wheels. Last one ended in a 75 ft roof slide. T6 is okay. Roof of the body didn't fair as well. Flips were too far away to zoom in on for a good video.
20210414_202755.jpg

So I went out tonight. Made a couple of 111 mph passes. Flipped twice from a tiny bump in the road right near the end of the run. First time it did a @jondilly1974 and landed on the wheels. Last one ended in a 75 ft roof slide. T6 is okay. Roof of the body didn't fair as well. Flips were too far away to zoom in on for a good video.View attachment 139828
Besides bump where they good passes? Adjustments you've made help???

Besides bump where they good passes? Adjustments you've made help???
Much better. Just need to smoothen the starts. When she gets going, she's straight as an arrow ( and flies like one too😉)

I adjusted torque curve to come on more on the high side.it seamed to help me
I'm gonna try to give it a bit more. I made a small adjustment before this run. Baby steps right😉

🤞 looks like light enough wind to run tomorrow so I'll see what a difference the perfect pass makes atleast on the first setting I have it set to and up a tooth on the pinion. Should be able to break my overall best PB of 125 on 8s but this time running 6s👍

So I went out tonight. Made a couple of 111 mph passes. Flipped twice from a tiny bump in the road right near the end of the run. First time it did a @jondilly1974 and landed on the wheels. Last one ended in a 75 ft roof slide. T6 is okay. Roof of the body didn't fair as well. Flips were too far away to zoom in on for a good video.View attachment 139828
It’s not an official JonDilly flip if it ain’t right in front of the camera 😜🤣🤣🤣

Well not sure what's up.... Made 3 passes and all at 123mph, went up a tooth from last runs that I pulled 123 also running the perfect pass so should have at least went up 1-3mph. Also odd first and last pass with the voltage difference were still the same speed? Have to pull data logs and see what's going on hopefully be able to tomorrow. Only thought is I adjusted the BEC from 6.0 to 7.5 so maybe that caused the issue and lack of gain, but again would have thought pass 1 and pass 3 would have varied in speed?
Screenshot_20210415-113332.png

Well not sure what's up.... Made 3 passes and all at 123mph, went up a tooth from last runs that I pulled 123 also running the perfect pass so should have at least went up 1-3mph. Also odd first and last pass with the voltage difference were still the same speed? Have to pull data logs and see what's going on hopefully be able to tomorrow. Only thought is I adjusted the BEC from 6.0 to 7.5 so maybe that caused the issue and lack of gain, but again would have thought pass 1 and pass 3 would have varied in speed?
Nothing more defeating that going out expecting something good and running slower than before.
Hopefully the data logs reveal some useful info. Be sure to also slide the motor back and confirm all the bearings are turning/rolling good on the car.

Nothing more defeating that going out expecting something good and running slower than before.
Hopefully the data logs reveal some useful info. Be sure to also slide the motor back and confirm all the bearings are turning/rolling good on the car.
Definitely disappointed as for sure thought with the perfect pass I'd have gained at least 1mph let alone going up a tooth also. Do you think adjusting the BEC would have caused some of the lack in gain? Again also stumped every pass was the same no variance at all. But like I said only changes were up 1 on the pinion, perfect pass and BEC change. Hoping the logs will show something but again just stumped 🤔 not complaining as car is running great, didn't crash, just damn it though not even 1 more mph!!!

Definitely disappointed as for sure thought with the perfect pass I'd have gained at least 1mph let alone going up a tooth also. Do you think adjusting the BEC would have caused some of the lack in gain? Again also stumped every pass was the same no variance at all. But like I said only changes were up 1 on the pinion, perfect pass and BEC change. Hoping the logs will show something but again just stumped 🤔 not complaining as car is running great, didn't crash, just damn it though not even 1 more mph!!!
This is called learning on the job. You are gaining knowledge as you go. Embrace it. You’ll will get to your goals as soon as you are able to. Just keep trying. 👍🏻

Back