Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing flashy or a PB, but a clean pass to start the year. Typhon 3S GT on 6S bashing lipo

F1D6B340-2F0F-4888-9449-961698A04F76.jpeg

We gotta step up our game :ROFLMAO:
It is amazing what guys are doing on 4s right now!

I agree, I follow him a little bit and he has been killing it on 4s for sure!

I agree, I follow him a little bit and he has been killing it on 4s for sure!
Makes me wonder on gearing he's running and what kv motor though. I pulled a whole 94mph with my CNHL 90c 4s pack with 30/34 and the TP 4060-cm. I'd bet it's like a 3000+kv 4s TP motor he's running and that looked like a giant I'm guessing 8-9000 mAh pack. Still is amazing but it has to be an actual 4s setup unlike the 6-8s motors a lot of us run.

Makes me wonder on gearing he's running and what kv motor though. I pulled a whole 94mph with my CNHL 90c 4s pack with 30/34 and the TP 4060-cm. I'd bet it's like a 3000+kv 4s TP motor he's running and that looked like a giant I'm guessing 8-9000 mAh pack. Still is amazing but it has to be an actual 4s setup unlike the 6-8s motors a lot of us run.
I agree... For it to be efficient and get the RPMs needed, you will probably want a higher KV motor dedicated for 4s use.

I agree... For it to be efficient and get the RPMs needed, you will probably want a higher KV motor dedicated for 4s use.
Ya cause I've been thinking about it a little and like man 94 on 30/34 even if I ran say 34/29 I'd maybe hit 110+ with my setup with RPMs available at the kv and voltage.

Ya cause I've been thinking about it a little and like man 94 on 30/34 even if I ran say 34/29 I'd maybe hit 110+ with my setup with RPMs available at the kv and voltage.

Kenny is/was the king of low cell speed running in my book. He told me recently that he lost his road and so he cannot run his cars anymore.

He told me the higher KV motors loose torque and use too many amps. He has a few videos running the 2950kv in the 140s. The setup must be 2.8 diffs and crazy gearing.... In this video you can see he has a monster pinion on there.

Kenny is/was the king of low cell speed running in my book. He told me recently that he lost his road and so he cannot run his cars anymore.

He told me the higher KV motors loose torque and use too many amps. He has a few videos running the 2950kv in the 140s. The setup must be 2.8 diffs and crazy gearing.... In this video you can see he has a monster pinion on there.

Whose kenny?

Man that is crazy! Ya I was thinking around 3000kv as you said higher you don't have the torque needed and pull a lot of Amps. Ya definitely a big ol pinion on there and a mile long can lol that's at least like the 4070 107mm can I've got. That's amazing I hope to do that with 8s let alone half that voltage.

Man that is crazy! Ya I was thinking around 3000kv as you said higher you don't have the torque needed and pull a lot of Amps. Ya definitely a big ol pinion on there and a mile long can lol that's at least like the 4070 107mm can I've got. That's amazing I hope to do that with 8s let alone half that voltage.
I think the key is the combination of motor torque and the cars final drive ratio after pinion/spur and diffs. Each motor and voltage is different, but with my 2s setup I went as low as a FD of 2.57 with success. I tried 2.19 and lost 4mph. A lower KV motor with its related lower RPMs could run a lower FD without issues.

The only way to know for sure with "your" setup is to gear up until the car starts to slow down. Graphing your run data can help you analyze what is occurring.

Back