Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, i guess so, I am planning on fitting some kind of blx motor into it
oh, and how fast can your typhon go
?
I took the Typhon and Kraton 6s into the 94-96 mph range on stock BLX electronics. Just GRP tires, spool setup with the right gearing. The blx system has plenty of oower to get your feet wet in SPEED.

My favorite times so far in this hobby was running the Kraton oddly enough. I think part of it is because going 120+ needs a special road!
By contrast, running on this wide, flat and smooth road was easy, no big deal. I look forward to getting the Limitless out there this Sunday and see what she can do

Congrats on the solid run.
What state do you live in? I need a road like this so badly....
Bad local roads just might get me out of this hobby.

Welp, I hit a new PB of 127mph tonight. Nothing different from the 126mph setup except I turned off amp limiting (I only pulled 307 amps anyway). The only problem is I was booted off my spot by the angry farmer who owns the field I was parked at. I would hate to stop running there so I'm going to ask the neighbors if I can park elsewhere with their blessing...

1595129391807.png

It has been a month since I had done any speed runs. Testing my new car (4tec 2.0) on 2s. It was a very short distance in a elementary school parking lot. So far it appears I could break 100 on 2s with this car.
The current world record for 2s is 132.6mph ?

20200420_203151.jpg

I've found that the GRP's I've got are all so badly out of shape and out of balance maybe a new set of hoons isn't such a bad idea..?
I have balanced my remaining GRP's..

Edit: Just checked, no Hoons stock in UK till end of September ??

Last edited:
New PB for me today, 130 mph with the Hobao Hyper VT. Next week is the Limitless’s turn.. attached is a screenshot of the log from this run
EDIT: Wrong screenshot was posted, this is the correct one

Attachments

• 718AAB30-7AC2-4C24-865E-3EF8B78AC7A8.jpeg
    718AAB30-7AC2-4C24-865E-3EF8B78AC7A8.jpeg
    466.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4467.jpg
    IMG_4467.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
New PB for me today, 130 mph with the Hobao Hyper VT. Next week is the Limitless’s turn..
You may already know this but Saga makes a carbon fiber chassis 1/7 kit for the hobao VT. It is on my wish list!
Congrats on the PB

You may already know this but Saga makes a carbon fiber chassis 1/7 kit for the hobao VT. It is on my wish list!
Congrats on the PB
I’ve seen it, I’m interested in it as well. This car is on Saga’s 1/8 carbon chassis kit, I love his products

Alright fellas, I’m finally part of the ? club!!
Broke my old pb of 91.7 and hit 102 today ?
7B03290D-F549-4A8C-9CC5-74CCDDBF2756.jpeg

That was on modest gearing, and one of the batts is going too ?
I’m still practicing on my infraction basher w/unbreakable Bugatti body, haven’t run the limitless yet... Still trying to get a feel for the speed before I send the limitless.

I’ll probably upload the vid to my channel if anyone cares... ?

View attachment 91836
I’m still practicing on my infraction basher w/unbreakable Bugatti body, haven’t run the limitless yet... Still trying to get a feel for the speed before I send the limitless.

Heck yeah! Woohoo ? Vids or it didn’t happen

View attachment 91836

Congrats brother ?
I’ll definitely check out video if you post it

Back