Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New PB! ?

next I guess I have to replace the melted body from when the ESC went up in flames! ????
E6C7752F-F80C-47ED-8F5C-5F5FB542D315.png

Didn’t get the car back together in time to make a pass this evening but I’m trying to beat my PB next time out of 116mph on 30/39 gearing 6s

This was on Sunday morning a week ago
View attachment 86876
View attachment 86878

Took the Hoons off and swapped over to a set of precision balanced GRPs. New gearing is 28/34 along with a more areo friendly wing that I just finished up today.
Hopefully on the next pass she’ll see low 120’s (tomorrow, weather permitting)
View attachment 86881
Daaamn. The whole flat black scheme makes it look sick.

Managed to squeeze a new pb in today, it was a rough one though. First run hit a rock and went airborne at who knows how fast because I forgot to start the gps. ? Anyway it did a few flips and barrel rolls before landing back on it’s wheels, finishing the run and coming back to me unscathed. (just like Raz’s limitless) It was amazing! ?
Second run we hit 109, not bad but that was all I could manage to squeeze out of it. Fourth run it spun out of control at the end of the run and flipped into the ditch. Breaking the rear control arm and bending the hinge pin in the process. ☹️

EDC21B20-2CD2-4FC5-9AD7-87A91FD00358.jpeg

Managed to squeeze a new pb in today, it was a rough one though. First run hit a rock and went airborne at who knows how fast because I forgot to start the gps. ? Anyway it did a few flips and barrel rolls before landing back on it’s wheels, finishing the run and coming back to me unscathed. (just like Raz’s limitless) It was amazing! ?
Second run we hit 109, not bad but that was all I could manage to squeeze out of it. Fourth run it spun out of control at the end of the run and flipped into the ditch. Breaking the rear control arm and bending the hinge pin in the process. ☹

View attachment 92665
Congrats on the PB. Sorry about the crashes

Well I took both Typhons out today for a pass.

The 3S did 107mph before it got loose on the big end and I backed out. Second pass it got loose again and went into the ditch. No major breakages, just the front splitter.

The 6S was so wobbly right off the line that I never even rolled on throttle I just watched the 3S crash and decided not to chance it. Steering must be slightly binding somewhere as it never centers. Either that or I need to replace the servo. I will dig in soon.

Well I took both Typhons out today for a pass.

The 3S did 107mph before it got loose on the big end and I backed out. Second pass it got loose again and went into the ditch. No major breakages, just the front splitter.

The 6S was so wobbly right off the line that I never even rolled on throttle I just watched the 3S crash and decided not to chance it. Steering must be slightly binding somewhere as it never centers. Either that or I need to replace the servo. I will dig in soon.
Smart man...
I have a hard time making that wise choice to pack it up and go home. (probably in part because its a 1 hr drive to my run spot)

I threw the HW4985 in the Typhon this morning with super soft gearing just to get some baseline numbers and data on 6s

D464EC1E-BCDF-4D5B-8C9B-943ED7C3CF2F.jpeg

I was aiming for 100-102mph so the 108 was a bit surprising

Is anyone running the MMX8S with Nicks Turbo Fan in a Limitless? Is there a better place to fit it? in the stock location the lid doesn’t fit properly...it’s too high with the aftermarket fan.

Is anyone running the MMX8S with Nicks Turbo Fan in a Limitless? Is there a better place to fit it? in the stock location the lid doesn’t fit properly...it’s too high with the aftermarket fan.
With the NTF fan on it, the MMX8s probably needs to be somewhere on the chassis itself to clear the body. Have you raised both front and rear posts up? That would help

With the NTF fan on it, the MMX8s probably needs to be somewhere on the chassis itself to clear the body. Have you raised both front and rear posts up? That would help
No but I think it would let more air in under the body between the chassis - and at 100+mph not sure that’s a good thing..liftoff

Sharing it here as it will be useful.
The new front diff on the Felony is a 2.8 ratio which would require less gearing on the pinion/spur. This is a big plus!
Also the rear tire is a 107mm. I am doubtful it will be a good high speed tire with its extra mass, but time will tell.

1597358486448.png

Attachments

• 1597358486150.png
    1597358486150.png
    666.5 KB · Views: 17
No but I think it would let more air in under the body between the chassis - and at 100+mph not sure that’s a good thing..liftoff
Raising the body will also increase frontal area and drag coefficient

Back