Speedrun Custom Wheels // 250+ MPH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go again an aluminum wheel would be great but how are you going bound tire to the wheel that the problem.even in full size wheel driven land speed cars are having a problem on salt not on concrete

A6ECD361-1915-451E-BF7F-4DF61765BE7C.jpeg

D19CBE6A-34F4-4120-A9EC-F2F416CDEA43.jpeg

38FFAD62-2ABE-4E05-93D9-7E581A77D1E8.jpeg

How would you mount the pads that the problem

Just like yours..
From underneath the rim surface and using a smaller inner ring to retain the chevron pads.. sandwiching them in place.

1707928431017.png

Actually I'm thinking- using a thin wall carbon fiber flat ring will work great as the "retaining ring" for an aluminum wheel. Less mass.

Last edited:
Don’t let this thread die. This is awesome to watch evolving potential solutions to the one single thing holding all serious speed runners back. Y'all can do it. Just saying. I’m still holding to the following approach: a thin machined aluminum wheel shod with a Kevlar reinforced “rubber band” tire with some really good glue. Make it work, you guys are smarter than me. 😊

Just like yours..
From underneath the rim surface and using a smaller inner ring to retain the chevron pads.. sandwiching them in place.

View attachment 348538

Actually I'm thinking- using a thin wall carbon fiber flat ring will work great as the "retaining ring
I wish that was my wheel four of those $35k

Just had an idea. How about have the inner ring to be a loose press fit and have it expand centrifugally to hold the rubber or foam in place.

That's going to be Very difficult to make happen..
Because as soon as the "loose" inner ring gets shifted due to any vibrations or jolts from bumps in the road ,it will cause your wheel to have a death wobble ,once it starts..
That even with ultra stiff shocks won't be able to get them back under control >> at those High speeds (160+ MPH)

That's going to be Very difficult to make happen..
Because as soon as the "loose" inner ring gets shifted due to any vibrations or jolts from bumps in the road ,it will cause your wheel to have a death wobble ,once it starts..
That even with ultra stiff shocks won't be able to get them back under control >> at those High speeds (160+ MPH)
Exactly Tex vibration is a problem

My Hockey pucks give me no vibes 😁👍

Here we go again an aluminum wheel would be great but how are you going bound tire to the wheel that the problem.even in full size wheel driven land speed cars are having a problem on salt not on concrete

View attachment 348532

View attachment 348533

View attachment 348534
Sorry but that is the ugliest looking wheel I have ever seen .what speeds could you possibly get out of that before it blows up everywhere. Reminds me of fkin slinky toy.🤣🤣

Last edited:
Okay little boy that wheel has been 404 mph on the salt flats
Who you calling little 🤣

Okay little boy that wheel has been 404 mph on the salt flats
Does anyone here do speed runs with there Rc cars on salt flats🤔 didn't know that was a thing ..

I'm assuming that you mean a Rim and not a tire.Right?
I'm pretty sure he means tire. That's what the pros use. This is the rear wheel assembly of the Thrust SSC, top speed 763 mph (more than 1,200 km/h).
1707956572693.png

This is the wheel of the Bloodhound SSC (they're taking aim at breaking the 1000mph barrier).
1707956551952.png

Top notch brother. 👌

Your absolutely right ..I have no ballz for that ..geez God bless your ass .I'd be pissing my panties all the way 🤣🤣

Holy mother of God .all's you need is a set of wings and you can go toe to toe with Putin's hyper sonic missile

Your absolutely right ..I have no ballz for that ..geez God bless your ass .I'd be pissing my panties all the way 🤣🤣

Holy mother of God .all's you need is a set of wings and you can go toe to toe with Putin's hyper sonic missile
It’s all good

It’s all good
Those two cars are jet propulsion they don’t have the problem with with wheel slipping under power

Last edited:
It’s all good
When your going at them speeds wtf does it look like inside that bullet, must be just a flash of light .and how do you get all that pressure out of your cab? I would imagine at them speeds your face would be pushed back into your head ...holy fuk dude .you one brave .tough bastard 👍

Back