Spektrum 150A Cap Pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbea

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 6s
The two wires connected to my stock Spektrum 150A esc have come undone. Is there any diagram showing where I should solder these back on?

Sorry, now rereading my post my description was terrible. The two wires that have come loose are the ones that attach to the actual cap pack. Both the red wire and black wire are detached from the cap pack itself. I am unsure as to where on the cap pack you solder the wires back on.

Yes polarity MUST be correct. Find a picture of another same ESC/ Cap Pack for reference. I don't have that ESC. Or I would send the pix it here. I did understand your first post . And this is a common problem with that ESC and OE cap pack. You can also just buy a Castle Creations Cap pack which may be a better choice with better higher rated caps. Good luck.:cool:
Edit:
Some have warranteed the whole ESC with HH for this reason. You also need to secure the Cap pack better so it doesn't shift and bounce around. That is why the solder joints separate. But I still say a quality soldering job is needed, which the OE cap Pack does not have is the main problem here.
Firma/Arrma has no excuse for poor soldering. Done right a solder joint will not break from stress. It sucks. One reason I don't like the Firma ESC's. I stay away.

Last edited:
Roll the shrink wrap up and lets have a look.. Im not around mine atm

Screenshot_20210903-120919.png

^^^ that is all you need now for reference to solder :cool:

FWIW, I prefer to mount cap packs to the truck. Somewhere solid so it's not bouncing around with the wires. Flexing those little wires constantly is what breaks them. Even attached to the battery wires, the entire cap pack is bouncing around all the time. Strange that I see a lot of the smaller ones like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back