Spektrum and its 3 different upgrade cables common

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Dave

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 3s
why does Spektrum need a update cable for each different thing in there eco system
1) update cable for transmitters and receiver SPMA3065
2) Smart programmer box (also does firmware updates) for ESC SPMXCA200
3) update cable for Smart Battery Charger (need if going to use older charger with new G2 batteries) SPMXCA100

why couldn't they make the Programmer Box do all of those things be the link to the computer to update everything so you don't need to buy a bunch of cables to keep up to date. There is also the smart checker ( SPMXBC100 ) could go on the list but the programmer is also a cell checker but won't work with G2 batteries because of no balance port on them.
Does anyone else feel the same? LOL

Because despite naming all their stuff "Smart" which is just a "marketing gimmick" term that appears "High Tech" to the consumer,
Spektrum gear is not smart for the consumer. Spektrum is just "Smart" enough to make money with all their accessories. You end up being sucked in once you pull the plug on their Smart ECO stuff. Stuck needing all their $gear$. That makes the consumer Dumb IMHO. Almost an insult IMHO.
Their gear has just now been revised to G2. G3 is probably next, and so forth and so on. I don't think that is Smart technology. Just $Smart Marketing$.
You pretty much answered your question. 🤷‍♂️

EDIT:
BTW, I feel their Lipos are not all that anyway. Why even use them? There are so many better DUMB lipos out there for cheaper.:LOL: They work just fine if not even better.
Seems like Spektrum has created a hobby within a Hobby, consumers needing all this unecessary Smart gear, on top of the Rigs you own. The main focus of this hobby is driving and wrenching your rig, not having to focus on lipos. It gets silly if you ask me.

Last edited:
It is pretty lame to think that all the devices need is a 2-pin serial port with a common protocol to be universal, but they choose to make you spend a stack of Hamiltons to buy the latest product's programming cable. Heck, Castle got it right by including the adapter or programming card with the package, and for selling replacements for a couple of Washingtons. That's how it is done, Spektrum! I have a lot of Spektrum stuff, I think they make a good product, they're just greedy in this regard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back