Spektrum firma 150a 2050kv combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glennson_be

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have this esc and motor, spektrum firma 150a with the spektrum 2050 kv motor. I was wondering if anybody knows its a wye or delta winding and some tips to setup the motor timing. Esc is flashed to latest firmware
Thanks in advaced

I have this esc and motor, spektrum firma 150a with the spektrum 2050 kv motor. I was wondering if anybody knows its a wye or delta winding and some tips to setup the motor timing. Esc is flashed to latest firmware
Thanks in advaced

This motor seems to just overheat with timing leading me to think it’s a D wind.

0 or 10 degrees and any higher seemed to just make the motor run hotter snd not faster.

Thanks in advaced
I changed the timing on mine from the factory 22.5 to 15 because the motor was running hot. Some folks have recommended 11.5 and others say 0.

How are you tempo now at 15? Set mine to 15 now
Temps are much cooler, I can touch with my hand so I have not used a temp gun. But it has gotten cooler outside also. Another thing - I have been running in a small yard recently. Hope to go out in a big field soon and run full throttle.

How are you tempo now at 15? Set mine to 15 now
I am going to a big field today and will let you know max temps running full throttle. However, outside temp today is 4.4C/40F. Have you tested yours yet?

Edit: had a good run today but I think motor is still too hot at 52C/126F considering outside temp. I have Punch set at 6, up from factory 4. Will set Punch back to 4 and maybe set Timing at 11.5 for next run.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back