Spektrum slt3 phone holder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny b

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
Can anyone recommend a phone holder for the above stock radio. Against my better judgement, want to trying taking pics while I'm driving. Much appreciated. Try to keep price low. I'm retired.

Can anyone recommend a phone holder for the above stock radio. Against my better judgement, want to trying taking pics while I'm driving. Much appreciated. Try to keep price low. I'm retired.

I saw a popular YT'er share what he was using and I picked up one for my DX5C but see no reason why the claw will not work for any radio:

https://www.landloop.net/products/r...p-link-tough-claw?_pos=2&_sid=895c4697e&_ss=r

Update
@Johnny b here is a current link I got mine off eBay and not directly from their site:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2027109379...gVQKjXYdmbIGygFlDaxB2F/EqA==|tkp:BFBM6qHHz91h

Last edited:
Thank you! Giving them both a look. Trying to see if that clamp would open wide enough to fit on tx.

I have some SLT3 in the attic but not one at hand to try...sure if it fits the DX5C and the DX3 it should for the other I "think" the front width is close to about the same

1679031180082.png
1679031201495.png
1679031216792.png
1679031267779.png
1679031319621.png

I have some SLT3 in the attic but not one at hand to try...sure if it fits the DX5C and the DX3 it should for the other I "think" the front width is close to about the same

View attachment 286021View attachment 286023View attachment 286024View attachment 286025View attachment 286026

Looks like a solid phone clamp...
BUT, wouldn't the jaws crush the battery cover If you just happen to crank the knob down a bit too much?

Now if you have a semi-circle piece/bar that goes across the width of the battery cover to allow the lower clamp to "bite" on, perhaps that would spread the force out along the girth of that thin cover ,it should be better..

I appreciate all the help guys. Here's a few pics of my tx. I have no doubt it will fit based on your pics. Parcou, do you actually use that to take pics and vids while running and how do you like it? Don't think the clamp crushing the cover will be and issue, esp. when batteries are in it as they provide support against the cover.

IMG_20230317_090637548_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230317_090052145_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230317_090030812.jpg

BUT, wouldn't the jaws crush the battery cover If you just happen to crank the knob down a bit too much?

Now if you have a semi-circle piece/bar that goes across the width of the battery cover to allow the lower clamp to "bite" on, perhaps that would spread the force out along the girth of that thin cover ,it should be better..
Simple enough to place a support across the tx base if needed. Good point!

Right, it is tight. I need to create some form of a shim or a flat piece of plastic to take pressure off the case. Something I need to look into. I totally agree with you. It works over time would be a wise thing to do.

I appreciate all the help guys. Here's a few pics of my tx. I have no doubt it will fit based on your pics. Parcou, do you actually use that to take pics and vids while running and how do you like it? Don't think the clamp crushing the cover will be and issue, esp. when batteries are in it as they provide support against the cover.

View attachment 286082

View attachment 286083

View attachment 286084

Simple enough to place a support across the tx base if needed. Good point!

Right, simple support would do it.

My issue I have a One Plus 8 Pro cell phone, and although it is a great phone, they have never had a great camera. So video stabilization sucks on this phone.

Looking for an old iPhone to use for this purpose only since video stabilization is great on those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back