Springs for arrma granite blx!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blxer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Today I was, tinkering with the shock setup on my granite blx. I only have, ECX 1/10scale springs, soft, medium, and stiff. Well, they fit the arrma granite blx shocks! I don't know how to post links from my phone but, they're the 1/10 2wd ECX springs. I don't know how helpful this info will be, I thought it was worth sharing.
Hope this helps....

Last edited:
Amazon has the measurement at, 3.9 x 2.1 x 0.8 inches. My measurement is, rear-3 1/8 long x 5/8 outside diameter, 9/16 inside diameter wide. Front, 2 1/4 inches long, 5/8 inch outside diameter, 9/16 inch inside diameter.

Is that the pitch distance? That is from centre to centre of the both mounting holes.
Many manufacturers and suppliers tend to report the total length, which does not say a lot.

In metric here are the pitch distances:

Front: 78mm
Aft: 98mm
Spring diameter both: 16mm

I just measured the springs, here is a pic of them side by side. ECX are the black springs on the left side of the arrma springs.
IMG_20150529_143434.jpg

I
Is that the pitch distance? That is from centre to centre of the both mounting holes.
Many manufacturers and suppliers tend to report the total length, which does not say a lot.

In metric here are the pitch distances:

Front: 78mm
Aft: 98mm
Spring diameter both: 16mm

Is the pitch distance, the measurement from eye to eye on the shock, fully extended?

Yes, centre of the eye to centre of the eye fully extended.

Pitch distance is used in mechanical engineering a lot. No idea what a more common
word would be as my native language is not English.

From the picture I can make up the shocks length of the ECX SCT are longer than Arrma's.

This means you have some pre-tension without using the clips. Can be a good thing for bashing though!

I got, 4 7/16 inches or 4 1/2 inches, on the rear, ECX shock. And, 3 7/8 inches on the front ECX shock. From eye to eye, fully extended. I don't have a metric tape measure, hopefully someone can convert these measurements into metric.

Yes, but I put the rear ECX springs on the rear of the granite, and the front ECX springs on the front of the granite. They fit pretty good! UnusualRC, was correct about using less spacers on the shocks.

IMG_20150529_224752.jpg
I changed the springs to soft, and decided to do a side by side comparison. ECX on the left side of the red arrma shocks, rears on left and fronts on the right. All shocks are fully extended, and lined up pretty evenly.

Last edited:
Thanks @Blxer!

Problem is bottoming out of the rear shocks. This will cause the dog- bones jamming inside the drive-cups.

Your, welcome! And thank you, for the heads up about shocks bottoming out, causing dogbones to jam.

We still have not found a really good replacement in our quest :(

My Fastrax option sucks big-time because of it's availability, or better said the lack of availability in the world. Even I am waiting still on a backorder for the front shocks for months.

But with these measurements of other trucks at least we are getting somewhere! ;)

Still I think the solution will be found somewhere in the 1/10 scale buggies out there. They have relatively short front shocks.

Or create for the Fury/Mojave a custom 3D printed new shock tower, which can house 90 or 100mm long shocks. Who knows it might fit the granite too body post wise.

Darren Wes confirmed that Traxxas Ultra aluminum shock caps will fit Arrma stock shock bodies. (see posts #38 & 45)

On other forums I've seen several mentions that putting the aluminum caps on Traxxas Ultra shocks is all that is needed to stop the cap popping problem. (no need to replace the bodies or anything else).

Could it really be that simple for us? Arrma stock shocks + Traxxas ultra aluminum caps = reliable, pop-free shocks? It would certainly make it easier than trying to gather measurements and source other shock options.

I still think that a all aluminum construction is a better option. I modify aircraft for U.S. and foreign governments so building a useable shock for a Granite shouldn't be a difficult undertaking.(famous last words) Wish me luck. If successful, I will post a step by step guide for future builders.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back