Standard lipo voltage tester/buzzer that's buzzer doesn't stay on after dipping below min voltage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilly81

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
Everyone knows those little LED lipo cell voltage testers with the buzzers that you can get for like 5 for $10? They work really well and I like to keep one in the car just velcro'd inside, and not rely on LVC.

The only problem is that when the alarm goes off, it doesn't turn back off once the voltage recovers (during a punch out type voltage sag). This is mostly annoying for me crawling on hiking trails where I tend to use big junky 3S packs since they don't generally need the amps. But then if I do have to goose it, it sags bad and the alarm goes off. And they are loud! You'd get stoned to death on a hiking trail. I actually removed one of the two buzzers on one, and then painted the remaining one with that liquid electrical tape. And now it's at a reasonable volume when crawling, but still a bit annoying because I don't know if it's really down or it was just a burst/sag, so I have to open and check anyway.

TL;DR - will any of these alarms turn back off if the voltage recovers after a sag?

Everyone knows those little LED lipo cell voltage testers with the buzzers that you can get for like 5 for $10? They work really well and I like to keep one in the car just velcro'd inside, and not rely on LVC.

The only problem is that when the alarm goes off, it doesn't turn back off once the voltage recovers (during a punch out type voltage sag). This is mostly annoying for me crawling on hiking trails where I tend to use big junky 3S packs since they don't generally need the amps. But then if I do have to goose it, it sags bad and the alarm goes off. And they are loud! You'd get stoned to death on a hiking trail. I actually removed one of the two buzzers on one, and then painted the remaining one with that liquid electrical tape. And now it's at a reasonable volume when crawling, but still a bit annoying because I don't know if it's really down or it was just a burst/sag, so I have to open and check anyway.

TL;DR - will any of these alarms turn back off if the voltage recovers after a sag?

Why wouldn't you simply just buy some new packs for your truck?

@chilly81
Ive been running these alarms in my rigs since I’ve started RC. I too don’t like to run until LVC. Yes the alarm is annoying so I switch them to the off position ( there’s an option for this, just keep pressing the button on the top until the LED reads off)
The trick is to fasten the alarm to the chassis in a position so you can readily see it as you drive by…..so you don’t need to take the body off.

Looks like some good options the SMC one looks worth trying one just to see how it works. And yeah I hadn’t thought of it just using a little whip extension. I can probably put one somewhere I can see it… It seems like the most simple answer.

It happens with all packs on bashers and everything, I was just relaying that crawler situation because it happened to be the worst situation for me. But every time you rip full throttle for a few seconds on anything you’re going to get voltage sag.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back